Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Renewal Rate..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renewal Rate..

..anyone want to hazard a guess at what it will be? Last season I believe it was something crazy like 98.9%.

It's my hope that the part-time supporters jump ship after this season. I'd imagine it will be lower this year; I'd say 90% if you're lucky.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair in the supporters for next year!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just like to see the tickets taken away from the scalpers and given to fans on the list who really want to experience Toronto FC. I figure that if a person is gonna stay on a waiting list for two years or so, they're probably gonna turn out to be pretty good fans.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will guess the renewal rate is 93%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I would just like to see the tickets taken away from the scalpers and given to fans on the list who really want to experience Toronto FC. I figure that if a person is gonna stay on a waiting list for two years or so, they're probably gonna turn out to be pretty good fans.
    true 'dat!

it would also be nice to organize the supporters section in a way like seattle's FO is doing whereby the supporters section is designated for...here it comes..wait for it...actual supporters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I will guess the renewal rate is 93%
    that's a pretty good guess, and if accurate would mean plenty of seats opening up throughout BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mlsintoronto already said renewal was at a little over %90 today....even though they are past the deadline they will contact a few straglers...with a last chance offer.....then most likely be giving to the GOLD LIST ....again for those waiting for tickets dont hold your breath!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they shouldn't contact the stragglers. there has been enough notice.
    I first heard about renewal in email from the team. then I heard it on the PA system at BMO... saw the tent at the stadium.
    heard it again on the PA at the next game...
    then I got a letter in the mail...
    then I heard it again at the next game....
    then I got that nice booklet last week AND a call from John Carver...

they really should just move on to the waiting list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96-97%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I first heard about renewal in email from the team. then I heard it on the PA system at BMO... saw the tent at the stadium.

i agree....

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    ticket renewal is on pace for mid 90's % (we're predicting).

After the deadline we'll chase down the few stragglers who've been living under a rock, then cut seats for the season ticket upgrade process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of a few people who did not renew but I think the renewal rate will ultimately top out around 95 percent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    I know of a few people who did not renew but I think the renewal rate will ultimately top out around 95 percent
    what was there reasoning for not renewing??

Im interested in knowing if it was just the in thing to do..when TFC came to town so they got there tickets and they are not interested anymore...or are they just seriously pissed by performace?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post

Im interested in knowing if it was just the in thing to do..when TFC came to town so they got there tickets and they are not interested anymore...or are they just seriously pissed by performace?
    good question.. would like to know as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post

These gentlemen (in their 50's) who did not renew simply did not enjoy what they were watching on the field. Between a group of them, they had 6 tickets. I think they kept 2 tickets and let the rest go because they just couldn't justify spending that kind of money for poor soccer.

These men have been around the sport all their lives in various ways. When they bought the tickets originally, they did it because they were happy to see a sound, secure club with a proper stadium coming to Toronto. These are the kind of men who attend the games for the game. The "atmosphere" is nice but they are purists...they wanted to watch good soccer. After 2 years, they are just unconvinced that this is the type of soccer they are willing to spend that much money on. They did hedge their bets a bit by keeping 2 tickets because they are hopeful that TFC and the league in general will improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how you going to take tickets off scalpers? first you need to ID them,
    then actually catch them selling tickets, not exactly the Toronto Metro Polices top of the agenda list of things to get done. some part time supporters will give up their seats after this season, other good supporters might have to give them up for financial reasons etc.
    one thing i would like to see done is all coperate seats in the supporters
    end moved to the eats or west side and let more real supporters in the south stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we doing Price is Right rules? closest without going over?

I say 1%

Last edited by Richard D; 10-04-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what would be the chances of me moving from 106 to one of the new supporter sections ?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote an article about this on my blog a couple days ago...I expected renewals to be down a bit (after talking to people who weren't going to renew due to weak performance). After seeing Paul's comments today, I'm a bit more hopeful, but I guess we'll have to wait and see until the final numbers are released.

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/unca...they-come.html

It’s that time of year again, folks – season ticket renewals are due on Friday. While TFC had an astonishing renewal rate of 94% last year, methinks that after only marginal improvement during the second season, this number may drop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First step with the Scalpers is identify those at the local soccer clubs that are provided seats for their youth clubs and then pass them along for profit. I saw a few giuys walking around with stacks of seats basically trying to give them away last Saturday because of the small walkup crowd (probably the worst I've seen for a TFC match). I've heard of at least one person from a local club that has been active in buying for his club and then selling them off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I wonder what would be the chances of me moving from 106 to one of the new supporter sections ?
    Were you one of the first people to buy? If not, no chance unless you luck out and someone moves out during your relocation appointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The renewal rate will be high for the simple reason that not many people would just drop their tickets and let the club re-distribute them again. Those people who choose not to renew either have friends who will buy them or they'll put them up on craigslist or ebay. So either way they would renew even though their intent is to no longer go to the games. So while the renewal rate may be high, I'm pretty sure after this season the number of people interested in going to matches will be lower. Unfortunately that is something that can't be gauged by us. Unless MLSE tells us later on how many season tickets were transferred, I bet you the number would be high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post
    First step with the Scalpers is identify those at the local soccer clubs that are provided seats for their youth clubs and then pass them along for profit. I saw a few giuys walking around with stacks of seats basically trying to give them away last Saturday because of the small walkup crowd (probably the worst I've seen for a TFC match). I've heard of at least one person from a local club that has been active in buying for his club and then selling them off.

I noticed those fuckers as well. They weren't the regular scalpers. GO Transit has done a good job of chasing the usual un-washed suspects off their property to the other side of the tracks.

Anyone who takes youth club tickets and try's to scalp them for profit is the worst kind of scumbag.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also be curious to know which sections aren't being renewed - I'd be willing to bet that most of the non-renewals will be the expensive seats - it has been much more difficult to sell these seats when I've needed to this year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I'd also be curious to know which sections aren't being renewed - I'd be willing to bet that most of the non-renewals will be the expensive seats - it has been much more difficult to sell these seats when I've needed to this year...
    what section are you in?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that this years renewal was one or two % lower than last year.
    Pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really, 94% last season, could of sworn it was higher, thanks
    Last edited by TheRenter; 10-04-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck the waiting list, they didn't step up to the plate when the team was established. they had more than six months to buy season's but waited too long to buy. let them suffer. i am glad my rep reminded to renew my 7 ticks after the final bell. hahahaha

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_Brantford_08 View Post
    how you going to take tickets off scalpers? first you need to ID them,
    then actually catch them selling tickets, not exactly the Toronto Metro Polices top of the agenda list of things to get done. some part time supporters will give up their seats after this season, other good supporters might have to give them up for financial reasons etc.
    one thing i would like to see done is all coperate seats in the supporters
    end moved to the eats or west side and let more real supporters in the south stand.
    No-one said it would be any easy task. Apparently cops don't do anything about scalpers until a complaint is lodged by an individual, so why not give the police the ability to strip them of their tickets altogether and hand them back over to the club where they can be resold to those on the list.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bignickel View Post
    fuck the waiting list, they didn't step up to the plate when the team was established. they had more than six months to buy season's but waited too long to buy. let them suffer. i am glad my rep reminded to renew my 7 ticks after the final bell. hahahaha
    why are you such a slacker? true fans shouldn't need a reminder.
    you're not a scalper are you? haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are you such a slacker? true fans shouldn't need a reminder.
    you're not a scalper are you? haha
    how many do you need?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No-one said it would be any easy task. Apparently cops don't do anything about scalpers until a complaint is lodged by an individual, so why not give the police the ability to strip them of their tickets altogether and hand them back over to the club where they can be resold to those on the list.
    Is this as simple as complaining to the cops on the way up to the game? If so, all RPB should do it on game days, yeah, no??