Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Isn't it a conflict of interest for MacLean to be representing management, who negotiates players salary's, and the players themselves?!?

You have Mo negotiating with his own agent over his players salary's. That's bizarre.

agree %100 but..

Wouldnt Maclean not be negotiating with the MLS...rather then MO...as the MLS own the players and not the team itself.....I LOVE MLS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Interesting that MLSE doesn't want an EPL club primarily due to lack of a salary cap.

Must... control... costs... at... all... costs...
    After seeing the Mike Ashley experience, amongst others, I don't know why anyone who is not a trillionaire shiek would buy an EPL club. What a money pit, and I hope you enjoy seeing yourself burned in effigy and your family threatened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Isn't it a conflict of interest for MacLean to be representing management, who negotiates players salary's, and the players themselves?!?

You have Mo negotiating with his own agent over his players salary's. That's bizarre.
    EXACTLY!!!! Its retarded!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Mo brought in Carver.
    He also didn't use Barry for his draft picks.
    That being said, he has relied an awful lot on one person (with what appears to be a poor track record of picking players for TFC).
    Mo didn't even find Carver, Winsper suggested him. If Winsper didn't we'd still be stuck with Mo on the sidelines.
    He used Barry to pick up Edwards from the draft and pretty much everyone we've picked up during the season with the exception of those who have connections with Carver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant say I blame MLSE, itd be hard to compete with the likes of the Al Dubai company and their likes, especially as a company that really doesnt know the sport, its way safer to deal with soccer here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a charter member of the Mo Haters fan club as many of you who hang out on U sector know, but even I was not aware of the extent that MacLean's tentacles have apparently reached into the inner workings of our club.

Absolutely inexcuseable for for MLSE to let that kind of shenanigans go on....Fucking disgraceful. I am more convinced than ever that Mo has to go.

I wonder if it is time to bring up the touchy subject of bungs? (Bungs - for those who do not know, are kickbacks given to club managers by agents when players the agent reps are signed by a specific club) I know this is a pretty serious charge but I think it is at least worth a look by the league when you see such a significant percentage of players being signed by one team that are repped by the same agent that reps the general manager.

It is at least a serious conflict of interest. If Mo was not this guy's client I could swallow it a little more. But the fact that MacLean and Mo have a financial link stinks to the high heavens if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm not sure Harmse last effort was enough to displace Jimmy but it is the best Harmse has looked for a while. Strange timing though. Is this Captain Jimmy choosing a playoff run over a bleak ending to qualifiers? I hope not. I want the best saved for the National side.
    Jimmy B being left off the squad has more to do with his unhappiness regarding both his role on the side AND the depressing state of the squad itself (according to the rumbles I've heard).

I wonder if Jimmy let his feelings be known?

I don't believe it was Jimmy choosing TFC over Canada. If that were to have happened, I think he'd probably have done it for the Honduras game in Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so shocked see MacLean's fingerprints all over the TFC squad. We need to fire Mo immediately and get a manager with a proven track record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno why youre shocked, this was mentioned last season several times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    It is at least a serious conflict of interest. If Mo was not this guy's client I could swallow it a little more. But the fact that MacLean and Mo have a financial link stinks to the high heavens if you ask me.
    Although the agent's clients would be worth a lot more if the team they were on won a lot more games. It does the agent no good to have players on a crappy team.

I have no problem with bungs (nice word, by the way, never heard it before) I'm sure everyone does it, if they work for us. If there's some backroom deal where we take some of this guys clients in return for a big name client, fine.

Every GM will be repped by someone, might as well get one connected to the biggest agent we can. Who would that be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More news: York forfeits four games because of Lombardo's participation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is only one way to solve our problem.............Get grass at BMO, nothing more nothing less. Players will come