View Poll Results: Would you swap the entire TFC roster for the Impact roster?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 20.37%
  • No

86 79.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Would you....

...swap the entire TFC roster for the Impact roster?

Just wondering. I think I would.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... hmmm...

problem I have with the Impact is they are soooo boring to watch (but they do get results)

I think I would let Toronto develop into something more entertaining instead (fingers crossed)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting question. It would be sweet to be involved in the CL at the group stages. The fact that they are & we're not is another nail in Mo's well nailed down coffin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks, be proud of what you got!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know how it goes...the grass is always greener...oops wait does that apply when you do not have grass ? :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, this group of underachievers is my favourite group of underachievers ever collected!!! What happened to Toronto till I die??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fcuk right off.....seriously!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no thanks, bunch of boring diving cheats.
    Good question.
    no, fucking hate the lot of em
    No matter how dysfunctional we are at times (which seems to be the the only thing we are consistent at), i do love this team (although a couple players need to go and the rest need to smarten up).
    Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    No, this group of underachievers is my favourite group of underachievers ever collected!!! What happened to Toronto till I die??
    he didnt ask if you would stop being a TFC fan, he just asked if you would trade all our players for what seems to be a better team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Here, before Giambac gets here, I'll fill in for him:

If we could swap coaches, too. Why would those guys play any better for Carver than the ones we have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

If we could swap coaches, too. Why would those guys play any better for Carver than the ones we have?
    QFT

I have defended Carver all season, but the performances from this team over the past month or so have irritated me beyond belief. It has become clear to me that Carver has failed to get this cast of characters to buy into his system (If there even is a system of play. There have been games that have made me wonder); he has failed to get the best out of a squad that was touted as being one of the more talented in this league at the beginning of the season. Every must win situation this team has faced they have fallen on their face and have put in perhaps some of their worst performances. In my opinion (for whatever its worth), Carver has lost the room, and that usually marks the beginning of the end for any manager.

When contrasting TFC and Montreal, we are talking about two clubs that have been going in opposite directions all season. TFC started off brilliantly and spiraled down the standings at an alarming rate. The Impact on the other hand struggled in the early stages, made a coaching change and today it seems that the sky is the limit.

When all is said and done John Limniatis has out-managed JC with a less talented squad. He has instilled confidence in his team and has made his players believe in themselves. This is something that is missing with our beloved TFC, and its made glaringly obvious with each passing game.

I think the question should be, would you swap John Carver for John Limniatis. At this point and time I'm inclined to say yes.
    Last edited by invictusTFC; 10-02-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    he didnt ask if you would stop being a TFC fan, he just asked if you would trade all our players for what seems to be a better team
    But players like DD, Jimmy B, Sutton, Robbo.....they are TFC!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey remember that montreal hasn't actually beaten us ever

remember that
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    hey remember that montreal hasn't actually beaten us ever

remember that
    A team doesn't have to beat us to be better than us. You also have to remember that when we first played them they were basement dwellers in the USL and playing like garbage under DeSantis. We on the other hand were playing the best footie we played all season. But people can hold on to that statistic if it helps them sleep better at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realize that swapping teams means Braz will be back in Toronto. That alone should bring a No vote out of everyone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still not entirely convinced that Carver is to blame entirely.
    Liminiatis however is directly responsible as he took a squad that wasnt his, was bottom of the league put them in top 3 and is doing fantastic in CL

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Absolutely yes I would in a heart beat.

I would also swap the tFC team for the Vaughan Azzuri, Toronto Sporting Lisbon, Toronto Crotia.

Get the Picture.

TFC is made up of overpaid, underworked, lazy, non talented players who for the most part are past their prime. Exceptions are Wynne, J Smith, Barrett, Sutton, and maybe Ricketts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    still not entirely convinced that Carver is to blame entirely.
    Liminiatis however is directly responsible as he took a squad that wasnt his, was bottom of the league put them in top 3 and is doing fantastic in CL
    I'm not entirely convinced either, but what do you do? Rebuild this team all over again? The chronic instability of the roster has to be a reason for our poor showing too. Is a DP the answer? If the season were to end today, every team with a DP would miss the play-offs.

Its frustrating when the answers aren't so clear cut...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

Man you beat me to the punch.

Maybewe don't have to swap all the palyers. Let's just swap our coaches.
    Guaranteed we would be a better team. They would be better organized, more fit, and they would be playing in a designed system which Carver doesn't offer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    QFT

I have defended Carver all season, but the performances from this team over the past month or so have irritated me beyond belief. It has become clear to me that Carver has failed to get this cast of characters to buy into his system (If there even is a system of play. There have been games that have made me wonder); he has failed to get the best out of a squad that was touted as being one of the more talented in this league at the beginning of the season. Every must win situation this team has faced they have fallen on their face and have put in perhaps some of their worst performances. In my opinion (for whatever its worth), Carver has lost the room, and that usually marks the beginning of the end for any manager.

When contrasting TFC and Montreal, we are talking about two clubs that have been going in opposite directions all season. TFC started off brilliantly and spiraled down the standings at an alarming rate. The Impact on the other hand struggled in the early stages, made a coaching change and today it seems that the sky is the limit.

When all is said and done John Limniatis has out-managed JC with a less talented squad. He has instilled confidence in his team and has made his players believe in themselves. This is something that is missing with our beloved TFC, and its made glaringly obvious with each passing game.

I think the question should be, would you swap John Carver for John Limniatis. At this point and time I'm inclined to say yes.
    WOW I see that with each passing day, each passing minute more and more people are finally seeing the light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I would. We would be a functioning TEAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question should be "If you would swap them, which 18 off MTL's 26 man roster would you swap for TO's 18 man roster".

Don't forget that they can pay the bottom 8 alot more than 17.5k or whatever pittance it is that we can. And there's no distinction between Dev and Senior. So you'd have to leave off some pretty good players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A team doesn't have to beat us to be better than us.
    in a fantasy world, yes..

but in the real world (where teams actually play each other before we annoint another the better team), Montreal has never beaten us.

that's a fact I will not back down on. Otherwise you're giving in to those Montreal Ultra cunts.

Another fact: TFC scored the first ever goal at Saputo stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not entirely convinced either, but what do you do? Rebuild this team all over again? The chronic instability of the roster has to be a reason for our poor showing too. Is a DP the answer? If the season were to end today, every team with a DP would miss the play-offs.

Its frustrating when the answers aren't so clear cut...
    So frustrating.
    i totally agree, i dont think the team needs to be rebuilt, i do think there are some players that have to go (and some that need to come in). I dont think a DP would hurt (in any position, preferably either Striker or Defense, but if hes defense, we defo need some top quality strikers as we are sorely lacking in that dept).

I think the off season will be good to work on tactics and gelling, which usually would have happened by now but because of all the disruptions, its more or less disappeared. We need our new players ASAP, not the same shit that Mo did last season. I think there will be alot of development for JoSmith and for James as well. They are great for depth but not necessarily starters. We need to sign some starters, including defense, wing and mid. I think Rosenlund needs to be trained to be Guevaras back up and we need a solid DM for Robbos back up or even to challenge Robbo. I think we may see the Scottish ex hibbies guy get signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    in a fantasy world, yes..

but in the real world (where teams actually play each other before we annoint another the better team), Montreal has never beaten us.

that's a fact I will not back down on. Otherwise you're giving in to those Montreal Ultra cunts.

Another fact: TFC scored the first ever goal at Saputo stadium.
    In the real world soccer is a marathon not a sprint. Montreal improved immensely as the season went on. TFC disintegrated. Montreal is in the semis of the USL playoffs and close to advancing to the knock-out stages of the CCL. TFC on the other hand has been virtually eliminated from the MLS playoff picture altogether.

Maybe Montreal hasn't beaten us, but they sure did eliminate us from the CCL qualifying tournament in our own stadium.

TFC may have scored the first goal at the Saputo Stadium, but it was that same stadium that hosted the first ever CCL match in Canada.

The measure of a team is taken at the end of the season, and right now it can be argued that Montreal is a better team than TFC.

olegunnar

I said it before and I'll say it again.

If you break our team into two groups 1) playing under expectations and 2) playing at or above expectations. There would be a hell of a lot more 1s than 2s. Infer from that what you will.

Montreal has a lot more 2s than 1s which is why people like the job their coach has done.

On paper our team is better, but in reality their's is playing better.

I think that says a lot. I also think that's why this has gone from a roster question to a coach/manager question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I read was "would you swap.." Sounds like a movie I just saw.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again.

If you break our team into two groups 1) playing under expectations and 2) playing at or above expectations. There would be a hell of a lot more 1s than 2s. Infer from that what you will.

Montreal has a lot more 2s than 1s which is why people like the job their coach has done.

On paper our team is better, but in reality their's is playing better.

I think that says a lot. I also think that's why this has gone from a roster question to a coach/manager question.
    Yes sir. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they have a better coach. Anyone who does not agress is on crack.

Remember he got hired the day after TFC beat them 1-0 at home. They have been on fire since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco2K View Post
    they have a better coach. Anyone who does not agress is on crack.

Remember he got hired the day after TFC beat them 1-0 at home. They have been on fire since.
    I don't agress, hahaha sounds like you've been doing some though.