Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oct 18: BMO Farewell for Dichio and Wynne?

It seemed obvious today that (i) much as we love the guy, DD isn't the same post-injury, and (ii) the sale of Marvell is a certainty - that goal is just the punctuation mark.

Even though we suck, it gives us something to really focus on for our last home game.

The heart and soul of the team would be gone.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think Marv will go, he has too many weak points in his game. It would take a very narrow minded European team to take him from us. He still needs to develop quite a bit. Today's strike was absolutely wonderful though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely hope you're wrong on those, they're valuable players.

Dichio I could understand if he retired, he is 33 and getting up there and has had some injuries with TFC but I hope he stays on one more year, to see the club into the next phase Mo has promised (without getting into the "fire Mo" or "keep Mo" thing). Truth be told, he is our leading scorer and scores one goal every 2.3 or 2.4 games (when I calculated last a few weeks ago). This was done by the way (before anyone pipes up and claims that's not true) by using minutes played, rather than appearances.

People keep saying Marvell Wynne will be gone by the January European transfer window but I'm still not convinced it's a certainty. I'm certainly open to being wrong (as I'm openly admitting making this argument on instinct) but I hope I'm not; Wynne is very important to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope Wynne stays with the club. I love the guy - he's excitement on the pitch personified. He has a huge heart, plays with passion and dedication, and displays vision. Do whatever it takes to keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding Dichio: watching the half time faces of tfc, they mentioned that while he is getting old, his time playing with tfc is not over ... i know you can't take that with 100% certainty, but i wouldn't be surprised to see him back for another season

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne's my favorite player. Absolute thrill seeing him score today. Right in front of me, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Wynne's my favorite player. Absolute thrill seeing him score today. Right in front of me, too.
    cracking goal, great to see him score!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope dichio stays around, even if it's a back of the roster guy... a backup in case our DP Striker is hurt or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne won't cut it in many European leagues. He was lucky Onstad was in net today. I think we'll see him back next year, he'd be hurting himself as much as us if he didn't.

I think the post concussion argument is a bit dramatic. Today is not the first, second or third time he's played poorly. He may choose to retire yes, but I don't think he will do it looking at a few games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    I really don't think Marv will go, he has too many weak points in his game. It would take a very narrow minded European team to take him from us. He still needs to develop quite a bit. Today's strike was absolutely wonderful though.
    I agree... but if Villa wants to pay $2-$3Million well in that case GL Wynne!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Dichios prob done. Terrible game for him today. I do want him to stay with the team tho as a coach etc. As for Wynne, hes not leaving yet. He had a stormer of a game today but i dont think hes leaving quite yet. Dont think hes got the caps to play EPL yet and i dont see him going anywhere else that would be worth while (dont see spain knocking at his door). Id say one more year and i can see him being sold but hes still not stable enough yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know about Wynne. I thought Edu was shit even for MLS yet lo and behold Rangers barge in and offer us ridiculous money for his "services". If the MLS and our front office hype him up enough, some sucker in Europe will buy him, no doubt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu was great in his first season and not so hot his second but he was far from shit. It does help that hes young with alot of potential and the US is singing his praises from near and far. Wynne has been getting progressively better but i just dont see it yet. But you are right im sure if MLSE wanted they could prob sell him off to someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I agree that Dichios prob done. Terrible game for him today. I do want him to stay with the team tho as a coach etc. As for Wynne, hes not leaving yet. He had a stormer of a game today but i dont think hes leaving quite yet. Dont think hes got the caps to play EPL yet and i dont see him going anywhere else that would be worth while (dont see spain knocking at his door). Id say one more year and i can see him being sold but hes still not stable enough yet.

Sorry you evidently didn't actually watch the game today.

The general consensus among the supporters I was with was that Dichio played quite well today.

His great short left-outside of the foot, pass to Ricketts that led to the Amado free kick that went just over the bar was a small but evident illustration of the type of touch that he provides that absolutely nobody else on the team seems to be able to provide. I was very sorry to see him coming off after an hour as in the past when he's been subbed out, we lose shape. Today, fortunately, that didn't happen and Marvel was able to score his goal.

Dichio does a lot of little things that are, unfortunately, unique to him on this club. Hesitations, holds, flicks and knockdowns are what he excels at. He is the target and set-up man and his return to the starting line-up was, as far as I'm concerned, the reason that we had half a dozen dangerous attacks in that first half.

We didn't put any of them in but the opportunities were there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post

The general consensus among the supporters I was with was that Dichio played quite well today.

His great short left-outside of the foot, pass to Ricketts that led to the Amado free kick that went just over the bar was a small but evident illustration of the type of touch that he provides that absolutely nobody else on the team seems to be able to provide. I was very sorry to see him coming off after an hour as in the past when he's been subbed out, we lose shape. Today, fortunately, that didn't happen and Marvel was able to score his goal.

Dichio does a lot of little things that are, unfortunately, unique to him on this club. Hesitations, holds, flicks and knockdowns are what he excels at. He is the target and set-up man and his return to the starting line-up was, as far as I'm concerned, the reason that we had half a dozen dangerous attacks in that first half.

i also thought dichio played well today. he filled his role nicely - he isnt a one man show, and without production from the 'scoring' players, his services are somtimes under appreciated IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stretchthetruth View Post
    i also thought dichio played well today. he filled his role nicely - he isnt a one man show, and without production from the 'scoring' players, his services are somtimes under appreciated IMHO
    Another fine play from Dichio was on that first half free kick from the right wing. The ball was sent straight to him, he headed back very nicely to Amado who put another quite strong shot just over the bar.

Can't people see these things? I'm boggled by this.

B

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another fine play from Dichio was on that first half free kick from the right wing. The ball was sent straight to him, he headed back very nicely to Amado who put another quite strong shot just over the bar.

Can't people see these things? I'm boggled by this.

B
    I saw this one as well... it wasn't a header though, it was a nice tap to Amado... great play by Danny D nonetheless
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I saw this one as well... it wasn't a header though, it was a nice tap to Amado... great play by Danny D nonetheless
    Wasn't it? Ah well, my angle I guess. Either way, really nice and we miss that when he's out. He's a smart player fully realizes his mobility issues so he takes advantage of his touch and intelligence. He certainly is never going to beat anybody on the run apart from perhaps JC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't it? Ah well, my angle I guess. Either way, really nice and we miss that when he's out. He's a smart player fully realizes his mobility issues so he takes advantage of his touch and intelligence. He certainly is never going to beat anybody on the run apart from perhaps JC.
    i hear people around me saying 'oh here comes another dichio pass-back...' uhhh yeah, its called holding the ball up, and creating time and space for the team to move up - which they dont do very well anyway. i'm not sure what people think he's supposed to be doing out there, but a lot of people seem to miss that he's controlling the field when he does this, and maintains possession of the ball well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much as i have critized Dichio this year, he is a team leader, your right he was not the same after the injury, keep him within the team, public relations, youth ream asst coach etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_Brantford_08 View Post
    as much as i have critized Dichio this year, he is a team leader, your right he was not the same after the injury, keep him within the team, public relations, youth ream asst coach etc.
    Keep in mind that this was his first start since the injury I do believe.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Dichio was good at what he does today, but damn is he ever slow!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh i watched the game and the consensus in my area was the opposite, he was slow, wasnt making runs for the ball and his passing was off. I love Dichio but imo (and the people i talked to around me in 117) it was far from his best game. He always brings alot to the field but it felt like he was just going through the motions.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I definitely think his timing and stuff was not at it's usual effort today. He's nowhere near 100%

Concussions can really wreak havoc with a person's physical state for a long time.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I definitely think his timing and stuff was not at it's usual effort today. He's nowhere near 100%

Concussions can really wreak havoc with a person's physical state for a long time.
    an absolute possibility, as someone else pointed out its his first start in ages, so im sure thats a factor as well

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D.D. clearly isn't match fit, I think the injury?lay-off has hampered this wonderful player, I wouldn't bin him yet.

Marvell, has speed & little else, he over commits, & over runs, a winger just has to put the breaks on & Wynne's lack of football I.Q causes him to get caught out & shove. His 1st touch is one of the worst I've seen in a professional footballer. Nice goal today, but generally a very over rated player.
    I wouldn't be sad to see him go, especially for Edu money.

Now if someone can manage to find a buyer for the most over rated self promoter TFC has had, RICKETTS, I'll be ecstatic. What a self indulgent pantload he is, GHTF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with most of what you said cept Ricketts, dont understand your dislike of him (not sure whether its based on his personality, playing or both). Kinda wish you could sorta draw me a diagram (im not taking the piss here) cuz i dont think a simple example would be enough, you know? Granted im a fan, not a super fan but i do think hes an important player on our team... Dont think hes boiling over with talent but i do think he does his job well and is a regular threat (also he gives it his all, every game)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS for the record i dont think Dichio should be binned, i just think it wont be a surprise if he hangs up his boots sooner rather than later... Especially at his age with injuries taking him out for 6-8 games a season...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Agree with most of what you said cept Ricketts, dont understand your dislike of him (not sure whether its based on his personality, playing or both). Kinda wish you could sorta draw me a diagram (im not taking the piss here) cuz i dont think a simple example would be enough, you know? Granted im a fan, not a super fan but i do think hes an important player on our team... Dont think hes boiling over with talent but i do think he does his job well and is a regular threat (also he gives it his all, every game)
    I don't doubt he gives his all. I've watched him closely since he's arrived, he flatters to decieve. He has nice quick feet, but no hint of a brain to go with his skill.

He almost never goes outside, always goes inside, overplays the ball, very inconsistent crosser. I just think he's over rated & a bit of a hype artist. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    I don't doubt he gives his all. I've watched him closely since he's arrived, he flatters to decieve. He has nice quick feet, but no hint of a brain to go with his skill.

He almost never goes outside, always goes inside, overplays the ball, very inconsistent crosser. I just think he's over rated & a bit of a hype artist. Just my opinion.
    Fair enough, i can understand some of what youre saying.
    (also i did catch that you said this in the other thread, HA), thanks.