Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    That is what fans do - they hope, regardless of what the odds might be.

- Scott
    Amen to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey... all Supporters grieve differently. Some waste money on the lotto in hopes of winning... others invest their "lotto" money for the future.

Im doing the latter... TFC 09 will be the differance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Dude...you really love to cause shit, don't you? Wow. You don't like people antagonzing one another and then you come and call people inmates of the asylum and question whether or not they are supporters. Nice.

If you think they can make the playoffs then state your reasons. You're the one who hates it when these threads become pissing matches, and now you're the one starting the pissing match.
    When did I question if he was a supporter? I said supporters can't even use the supporters group forum, to discuss something positive, without getting antagonized for it.

I wasn't the one calling the thread starter a "koolaid drinker", either.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck That! We ARE going to run the table! And Run Up the Score on everyone that get's in are FUCKING WAY!!!
    "It's not how we win that defines us, It's how we lose"
    Go Down Swinging!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've been going down swinging since july 9th....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Fuck That! We ARE going to run the table! And Run Up the Score on everyone that get's in are FUCKING WAY!!!
    "It's not how we win that defines us, It's how we lose"
    Go Down Swinging!
    I think that is really unlikely, but it would be a great end to the season if we did.

Maybe if Carver gets Dichio playing a full 90 minutes again, he can reignite our offense.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LucaGol show me one fucking post of your's that isn't Fucking negative, honestly show me!
    If all you do is bitch, why are you here, this is for SUPPORTERS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPK View Post
    We've been going down swinging since july 9th....
    We've been going down, but not Swinging!
    We need the killer instinct!
    Fuck being nice and handshakes after games, Let's go after them!
    You can win a boxing match with the jab, but guess what, last round you got to go for the knockout! Lets Put Dichio out to set the tone for the team! And I mean Starting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You Got a fight commin', And it's comming TODAY!" - Ike Clanton
    You Fucking RIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You Got a fight commin', And it's comming TODAY!" - Ike Clanton
    You Fucking RIGHT!
    Now if only the players could get this fired up... we might stand a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. I do not give a shit about having a good time at the game. I want to push the team to victories. I will not sit back having a good time while my club is complete SHITE.
    Wow, I can't believe it, finally someone who feels the same way I do and isn't afraid to say it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LucaGol show me one fucking post of your's that isn't Fucking negative, honestly show me!
    Are supporters not supposed to bitch, do we not have the right to bitch. Negative posts are brought on by a club with nothing but negative results. If there was any positives surrounding the club than we would have positive posts. I for one have a hard time finding anything positive about this club for a while now. So am I supposed to be completely oblivious to what is going on, and just be positive. I fail to see what the purpose of this would be. Now if that makes me any less of a supporter than the positive posters, so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB73 View Post
    Are supporters not supposed to bitch, do we not have the right to bitch. Negative posts are brought on by a club with nothing but negative results. If there was any positives surrounding the club than we would have positive posts. I for one have a hard time finding anything positive about this club for a while now. So am I supposed to be completely oblivious to what is going on, and just be positive. I fail to see what the purpose of this would be. Now if that makes me any less of a supporter than the positive posters, so be it.
    Everyone has the right to bitch, especially in rough times.
    But when you come on here and all you do is whine and complain and tell people their stupid for being positive that's fucking wrong!, Fuck that Shit!
    And if you fail to see how being positive can help a team, and only say good things when we win, what's the difference between that and a bandwagon jumper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure thing ... just send me a link to the "Non-supporters, but are still supporters but called non-supporters because they live in the real world for TFC supporters Forum"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go with that positivity, I am still waing for the positive link by the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But when you come on here and all you do is whine and complain and tell people their stupid for being positive that's fucking wrong!, Fuck that Shit!
    And if you fail to see how being positive can help a team, and only say good things when we win, what's the difference between that and a bandwagon jumper?
    I am not saying to post good things only when we win. Losing can bring positives to a team. But really the truth is how we are losing, we look totally disorganized, confused, and what bothers me the most is the lack of passion and desperation in our team. Taking all this into consideration it is very difficult to be optimistic. BY THE WAY I AM NOT A BANDWAGON JUMPER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our situation, being overly positive is probably more damaging to the club than being overly negative. The in "Carver we Trust" banner for example. Its possible that we've just handed a Coach, who will have delivered nothing more than last place in the league and elimination from the CL before qualifying, a contract extension. That's disastrous. And quite likely our overly optimistic support helped that happen.

I know the constant negativity can be a drag but if we don't want to wind up the worst team in the MLS for years to come we've got to do something now. And cheering the team isn't going to help.

Making MLSE understand that poor leadership and poor product are not acceptable might.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB73 View Post
    I am not saying to post good things only when we win. Losing can bring positives to a team. But really the truth is how we are losing, we look totally disorganized, confused, and what bothers me the most is the lack of passion and desperation in our team. Taking all this into consideration it is very difficult to be optimistic. BY THE WAY I AM NOT A BANDWAGON JUMPER.
    Didn't mean to imply you were bud, honestly.
    Just saying everyone has a right (especially here) to be positive no matter the situation and not get called naive is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    a contract extension. That's disastrous. And quite likely our overly optimistic support helped that happen.
    I don't believe anything we say has any effect on that sort of thing. it's not like Mo's gonna poll the fans to see if Carver should stay. Mo seems to have liked the work Carver has done, so he'll stay regardless of whether we write a banner in support or chant against the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post

Okay. You write a few chants and sing them all game long. The team continues to stink it up but you say screw it, I'm gonna support this behaviour anyway. You sing even louder and demand that everybody else do the same. Does that change anything? Does your undying support spur the team on to play better and reward the supporters for their hard work?

Nope. It hasn't worked. Now some people are suggesting we do something else and it's getting treated as treason. It's a shame.
    it's not treason. in a sense im glad that your trying to do something. key word: trying. all im saying is i'd rather not get involved in the constant frustration of complaining on here day in and day out when the bottom line is it does nothing. to me showing up and giving them undying support every other weekend and singing my heart out is actually doing SOMETHING as opposed to writing a few paragraphs on the internet so don't point your finger at me and tell me im in the wrong.

complain all u want im fine with that. we all do what we like! but when you tell people like myself that we are the reason the club will stink it up for years to come, well... that's just plain bullshit.
    Last edited by Brooker; 09-22-2008 at 09:25 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Axeman;196043]Fuck That! We ARE going to run the table! And Run Up the Score on everyone that get's in are FUCKING WAY!!!

Amen to that too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont care if we are last or first i still go out and support our team

TORONTO TILL I DIe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything can happen. Liverpool was down 3-0 at half time a few years back no one gave them a chance. Sure the odds are against us but do you complain lay down and die, or do we give our team full support and save the fire everyone threads untill the offseason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yes, if we go 5-0-0, we are in
    If we go 4 wins and a loss, it's only a 40% chance
    Overall we have a 4.8% chance of getting in
    Here's some optimism - these are MUCH better odds than the lottery

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/M...TorontoFC.html
    Wow, our chances for the #2 pick are fantastic!!! WOOOT!!!!