Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? I'm not expecting sunchine and rainbows when we lose. But, how about some calm, constructive criticism, instead of threads specifically asking people just how shitty we really are.

- Scott
    I'm not expecting sunshine and rainbows either. I'm not expecting the mLS cup.

But for crying out loud I expect more than 1 win in 4 months. When is it considered bad for you. When this team wins 1 game in 5, 6, 7 months or in 1 season? we can't beat anyone anymore with or without our players. What are you waiting for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_Brantford_08 View Post
    Serioux is not all that good, we don;t miss him for a start. the restriction may not be that bad but it doesn;t help much either, at the end of last season the fans wanted better players, and the brought In guevara, ricketts, Barrett,Harmse, so they did follow the fans wishes.Most people want to give m0 the 5 years the club wanted to build a contender, we owe him that much..
    hahahhaa I am sorry but i feel i am talking with a 10 year old...

harse practically got waived by LA... and he sucks on the firld he can;t pass he runs like a headless chicken on the field.
    Guevara he is absent on the field most of the time and he should be our conductor on the field..
    barett although he isn;t too bad we got him just out of pure luck... if Mc Bride didn;t come back we wouldn't have himm so it;s not like Mo went out of his way to get a stricker...
    Rickets ... most over rated player on the field just because he played in Ne castle at one moment in his career doesn;t make him good...
    SO you are trying to proove your point with 2 players that don;t apply and 2 that are shit but at one moment were good. That doens;t make them good NOW, but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    TFC has been mismanaged and poorly coached for 2 years now.

I believe in long term plans, but in looking at what Johnson has done, there does not seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.
    there is light, he brought in Carver, Winsper,Guevara,Ricketts, Velez,
    Barrett. people want players signed before training camp thats hard when
    the european/ south american leagues are winding down. Th were forced to trade O Brien as he didn't want to play on grass, Huckerby the same whinning complaints...Dickov?? So Mos has done well under the circumstance. trust me 2009 will be much better!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post

But for crying out loud I expect more than 1 win in 4 months. When is it considered bad for you. When this team wins 1 game in 5, 6, 7 months or in 1 season? we can't beat anyone anymore with or without our players. What are you waiting for?
    Ok - you made your point. Some agree, some dont. I will be there next week, and next season. I suggest if you feel so strongly, dont go again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    6 new Questions

Do you love having a top league pro football team in Toronto?
    Do you love Jim Brennan?
    Isn't gameday fun?
    isn't it great that we get to go to a packed stadium and cheer a team in TORONTO?
    Isn't Rohan Ricketts a crazy character?
    Do you like Chocolate/ice cream/sugary treats?

YES TO EVERY QUESTION!!!!!

now you tell me how ...(sorry I'm messing this up..i need to add more numbers to the words to properly mock Giamy)

No3w i'm a realis5t!!!!!!! This team is AWESOME!!!!!!!7~! Ever6yon32 else is a sheeee4eep.

------------

why do we do this people??
    (BTW I'm not talking to anyone who's been called a troll recently...so bugger off)

This is a supporters website...the least we can do is only allow supporters here. Sure not everything he (giamy) says is wrong...but there is no good in any of these threads and they force the people that should be here to leave here for good(we've seen this on a regular basis)

Now I'm getting outta the country for a week or so...could someone please clean this place up while I'm away...an aerosol can of "not tolerating the people that make it negative" would suffice.

Have a good week...and behave yourselves
    Brilliant
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    hahahhaa I am sorry but i feel i am talking with a 10 year old...

harse practically got waived by LA... and he sucks on the firld he can;t pass he runs like a headless chicken on the field.
    Guevara he is absent on the field most of the time and he should be our conductor on the field..
    barett although he isn;t too bad we got him just out of pure luck... if Mc Bride didn;t come back we wouldn't have himm so it;s not like Mo went out of his way to get a stricker...
    Rickets ... most over rated player on the field just because he played in Ne castle at one moment in his career doesn;t make him good...
    SO you are trying to proove your point with 2 players that don;t apply and 2 that are shit but at one moment were good. That doens;t make them good NOW, but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?
    they couldnt come in before the season as they were in other leagues
    with other teams at the time!! thats some he just has to deal with.
    Mc Bride did come back and Mo got the best deal possible. Guevara is finding out how Cuny felt up frount with not good passes his way!!
    RFC has a 5 year plan, year 2 is coming to a close, lets judge management after the 5th shall we..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post

there is an old movie expression...if you don't like the product your free to leave!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
    Isn't gameday fun?
    isn't it great that we get to go to a packed stadium and cheer a team in TORONTO?

now you tell me how ...(sorry I'm messing this up..i need to add more numbers to the words to properly mock Giamy)

No3w i'm a realis5t!!!!!!! This team is AWESOME!!!!!!!7~! Ever6yon32 else is a sheeee4eep.

------------

(BTW I'm not talking to anyone who's been called a troll recently...so bugger off)

This is a supporters website...the least we can do is only allow supporters here. Sure not everything he (giamy) says is wrong...but there is no good in any of these threads and they force the people that should be here to leave here for good(we've seen this on a regular basis)

Now I'm getting outta the country for a week or so...could someone please clean this place up while I'm away...an aerosol can of "not tolerating the people that make it negative" would suffice.

that's what you guys don;t understand... this does not sound like a suporters website this sounds more like Mother's website... Where DOn;t you dare say anything bad about my boy or the team he plays in....

Like honestly You guys are no supporters... you are soccer moms if you were real supporters every lose would hurt you because it puts a stain on TFC's jersey...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... but alright i;ll give you that and lets say he signed 3 "good" players. A squad has 18 players... and also all these players came in Way after the season started.... Does that sound like good managment?
    It sounds like it might be hard to get players to Toronto. We have no idea what went on in negotiations, who was contacted, what their demands were. We know a lot of contracts were offered to guys like Huckerby and Dikov (and many more) and they decided to go elsewhere. We have no idea how many more simply said no and TFC moved on.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's what you guys don;t understand... this does not sound like a suporters website this sounds more like Mother's website... Where DOn;t you dare say anything bad about my boy or the team he plays in....

Like honestly You guys are no supporters... you are soccer moms if you were real supporters every lose would hurt you because it puts a stain on TFC's jersey...
    And as we keep telling YOU, it's not about the team being good or bad, you think we're all happy right now? We aren't, losing sucks and things aren't peacy.

But it's about acting like a jackass 24/7 and constantly constantly constantly poking this boards face with a stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 new Questions

Do you love Jim Brennan?
    Isn't gameday fun?

------------

Love It!
    What a stupid fucking thread!
    We should seperate the RPB into supporters and complainers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they couldnt come in before the season as they were in other leagues
    with other teams at the time!! thats some he just has to deal with.
    Mc Bride did come back and Mo got the best deal possible. Guevara is finding out how Cuny felt up frount with not good passes his way!!
    RFC has a 5 year plan, year 2 is coming to a close, lets judge management after the 5th shall we..
    hahahah ok Guevara came here while there was still league games going on in honduras meaning... there was no restrction holding him back...
    Ricketts got released...

oohh man some of you guys are sooo naive...
    I wish you were my boss and I come in and i tell you I ahve an amazing 30 year plan that willl make this company the most proffitable in the world.... you would soo buy it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahah ok Guevara came here while there was still league games going on in honduras meaning... there was no restrction holding him back...
    Ricketts got released...

oohh man some of you guys are sooo naive...
    I wish you were my boss and I come in and i tell you I ahve an amazing 30 year plan that willl make this company the most proffitable in the world.... you would soo buy it.
    Actually i think some of these cheerleaders would buy a 50year plan from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of play in the entire MLS is rather boring sometimes so stop complaining dude!! If you want to bitch stop watching and I could find a hundred other ppl to take ur tickets. And as for all this crap about oo the team won't last, shut up and look at the numbers of this BUSINESS! They are extremely successful and have created a demand for the game, which stems from the atmosphere that the RPB's create! No it's not boring, yes they look like a pro team, more professional than most in NA, sometimes they look uninspired, but so to do other teams! San Jose is an anamoly, like seriously they aint winning MLS for a good while, its not hte MLS of 1998 when the Fire won! the key to winning in this league is to have decent quality americans ala Houston Dynamo, New England Revolution and Columbus Crew and Fire, internationals could care less ie Robert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as we keep telling YOU, it's not about the team being good or bad, you think we're all happy right now? We aren't, losing sucks and things aren't peacy.

But it's about acting like a jackass 24/7 and constantly constantly constantly poking this boards face with a stick.
    That;s fine i know where you coming from. i understand people that are bummed out about it and just don;t want to talk about it. I think that is completely fine, but people who say that this team is Good I can;t understand....there wouldn;t be an argument if everybody admitted the truth. And just talked about ways we can improove the team to be positive. But people who think we are on the right lane and that we made progress last year. The only progress we have made is that we have relatively bigger names this year but on the pitch we look JUST as clueless as 12 month ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pubboy View Post
    You couldnt be more wrong in my view. A football supporter (or as you say, soccer supporter) supports their team through thick and thin, highs and lows. I support a team in England who were in the top flight for over 20 years. They then got relegated a few years ago. A lot of my friends here in Canada asked me who i was supporting now - what a stupid fucking question. I support the team i support, whether they are in the Premier league or in the 3rd division. The same is true with TFC. I now support another shite team, but i support them. Yes i get frustrated and angry, but i will still buy my season ticket, and will still go a cheer for them.

Sorry, but this whole part time supported thing pisses me off. If you dont like it and dont support them, dont go. There are plenty of people on the waiting list for season tickets who will support the team.

We always end up running around in circles with this argument. Here's my take:

Supporter A- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, shows love for the team no matter how badly they play.

Supporter B- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, gets pissed when the team play horribly and is vocal about it.

THEY ARE BOTH SUPPORTERS.

Some people think that people like giambac and luca are bad for the team because they don't stick with the team through "think and thin".

I would say that it's just as bad for the team to cheer them on when they're performing this badly. It sets a bad precedent with the team and the whole organization. The players know that the fans are passionate. They should also know that the passion can be turned against them when they're not performing.

I for one, want more than just a bunch of guys out there running around in red. I want a team, and these guys look nothing like a team. Telling them that they're "red and white and fucking dynomite" is stupid and counterproductive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Scott,

I would say that your views are shared by the vast majority of posters on this board.

However most now just stay away from bullshit threads like this & post in the members only section.......Why bother trying to change the views of the closed minded.

Why are you trying to change people's views. It's a discussion dude.

giambac can be irritating and confrontational but it is what it is.
    shakes to me is just as irritating because, in the midst of a TERRIBLE run of play, he can't seem to find anything wrong with the team.

They are polar opposites and you know what....good for them. That's what should happen. People should discuss things. Why does there always have to be somebody with a holier than thou attitude to come in and make as if there is only one way to see things?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but mcdonalds already is one of the most profitable companies in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your trolling rants get worse each time...TFC tv ratings ..look at the shite newtorsk the cover them CBC,sportsnet, and the score.

CBC is not nor ever has been a soccer network they can piss off and die.
    Sportsnet which has been a decent soccer broacaster, they just don't get enough games...the score what a shite netork that is worse the cbc
    and you wonder why the ratings have not gone up? CbC miised the Chivas game in toronto cause they chose to show the Lose Jays baseball game.
    TFC games are still well attended the fairweather fans have dropped of thats all, and them we don;t need. the fact you offered 4 tickets to family and friends show your your true colors if you were a fan you would have used them yourself.
    You know what I can gather from the sum of all your posts?

Everything sucks and is shite and can piss off except TFC or anything TFC related.

Everything is on your hit list:

-other sports
    -tv stations
    -canadian soccer players

everything except TFC.

how objective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The fact that you agree with him, doesn't change the fact that he created this thread, specifically to be yet another den of negativity and complaining about the club.

I don't think anyone believes the club is playing well right now. Point me to one person who does.

EDIT: I'm done fighting about this. Threads like these are designed to degenerate into flame-fests. Mission accomplished, Giambac.

- Scott
    I'm going on a post tangent here. lol

So shakes..what should people start threads about? the team is terrible and has been for 3.5 months. what do you want to talk about? just curious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    shakes to me is just as irritating because, in the midst of a TERRIBLE run of play, he can't seem to find anything wrong with the team.
    Oh come off it. Yeah, because I'm not losing my mind about it, calling for everyone's head, and creating repetitive threads about how doomed we are, I'm obviously happy with the team's play the past few months.

The only I thing I have said, is that I don't think this is explicitly Carver's fault, and that I think the blame rests with the guys on the pitch.

A common vein throughout this thread, has been that the people who I'm opposing, tend to respond to me by mischaracterizing my entire point.

I think the team played awful last night. I also don't think multiple threads that do nothing but encourage a flamewar belong here.

How people can defend a mock "questionnaire", that was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt by Giambac to make another thread saying the team was shit over and over, is beyond me. But of course, if you point out that there is such a thing as contructive criticism, you get called an "unquestioning sheep" of a supporter, who thinks everything is all sunshine and bloody rainbows.

This is why some good RPB's are now refusing to post on their own forum. The inmates are running the asylum.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    We always end up running around in circles with this argument. Here's my take:

Supporter A- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, shows love for the team no matter how badly they play.

Supporter B- goes to all the games, wears the kit/scarf/hat/key chain, chants all game, gets pissed when the team play horribly and is vocal about it.

THEY ARE BOTH SUPPORTERS.

Some people think that people like giambac and luca are bad for the team because they don't stick with the team through "think and thin".

I would say that it's just as bad for the team to cheer them on when they're performing this badly. It sets a bad precedent with the team and the whole organization. The players know that the fans are passionate. They should also know that the passion can be turned against them when they're not performing.

I for one, want more than just a bunch of guys out there running around in red. I want a team, and these guys look nothing like a team. Telling them that they're "red and white and fucking dynomite" is stupid and counterproductive.
    I definetly fall into the Supporter B category. I cheer for the reds and I want them to succeed. i purchased their tickets and merchandise. I don't expect them to win the MLS cup, that would be naive. I don't even care if they lose all their games. But I do expect the players to play with passion and to compete on a game in game out basis. If people were honest they would say that this team hasn't been doing this. In that case as a paying fan and supporter you should let them know.

I don't want this team to have a Cottage atmoshpere environment like the Leafs where losing and poor play becomes acceptable and the norm. If you don't show your dispaleasure with the team then management will not feel the pressure to make changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first time since the beginning I feel it's time for a change at the top. What Mo is doing is not working, nor has it ever worked in this league. He spends months trying to sign players, but it only takes weeks for him to lose them once they arrive. He has no mind for building a team with chemistry and no patience to let any develop.

Honestly, the jury is still out on Carver for me, but I don't think we're any further ahead now than we were at this time last year. We would have been relegated to USL-1 at the end of last year if there was such a system in place. How do you think we would have fared there? With our record against USL-1, we may well be near the bottom.

This year San Jose comes into the league and betters us, next year Seattle will do the same. Every year that passes it will get harder to make the playoffs with more and more expansion, and harder to sign good (or Canadian) players.

Change is needed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skies At Night View Post
    I'm all about your emotional well-being.

Sincerely,
    Your friend Red Skies

well good. I'm glad someone is looking out for us little guys.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have the Lynx...go support them!! They did go after Huckerby and he wanted to play on grass..fact....O Brien left TFC to play on grass...fact
    its easy to spend others people money, MLSE/TFC will take their time
    in building a string competeive team insted of a one year wonder like Columbus right now. The DP we don't need, just something the radical fans want, the DP issue should be put to bed once and for all.
    MLS is run like the other sports, draft, salary cap issues, etc. and thats how the league should be judged.

Dude, what the hell do you know abourt Columbus next year? NOTHING. YOU HAVE NO IDEA whether they will succeed or not. The ONLY FACT is that Columbus is in first and we are in last.

I swear, your posts make me laugh every time. It's quite pathetic how little you know about MLS. In fact, just about every single one of your posts has been proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose has not impressed this year,their record is only better then ours since they don't play in the east..Im sure they would be just ahead of us if they were in our division, or below with the hammering the east team would put on them. were 9 pts from a playooff spot with a possible 15 points left, yes it doesnt look good, but if we finish with the worst overall record we will get the second overall draftpick (seattle getting 1). 2009 will see the improvement the fans want, for me a .500 record woould be acceptable.
    Alright now I know that you have 0 brain. I posted last week proof that your argument is wrong. SAN JOSE HAS MORE POINTS AGAINST EAST TEAMS THEN WEST TEAMS. Stop your stupid assumptions and try doing some research before you actually post.

Heathen

This thread's like a Battle of the Trolls, Brantford v giambac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toronto Maple Leafs have sucked hind tit for the last 40 years and they have enough of a brand, history, and fan loyalty to have ridden it out fairly successfully in this market. The Raptors did indeed see a drop in attendance and TV viewership during the time when the team was struggling (the Isiah/Babcock era). Only now has it started to return to where it was.

Toronto FC does not have that luxury.

TFC has two seasons under it's belt and we are already seeing cracks in the facade. To me it starts with the atmosphere at the stadium. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that we are not as enthusiastic this season as we were last year. I think the mediocrity of the club and the mistakes the management of the club are making are coming home to roost and sucking the life out of the ground. With a shite club the team has sold the atmosphere WE CREATE to casual fans that fill the ground. And if the atmosphere starts to change for the worse and the team still sucks where is the value proposition for people paying to go to the ground???

I hope that for the sake of the club that MLSE realizes that the honeymoon is officially over. It ended for me last Saturday in Kansas City. I saw a club that was poorly coached, poorly led on the pitch, poorly constructed by the GM and frankly disinterested in playing the way we as fans deserve to see.

I only saw two guys play with the heart and passion that we as fans deserve in Kansas City, and guess what Mo, they were the Canadian players!!!!!! That is what hurts most of all. Players not playing with heart and pride and you apparently believe that Canadian players are not the route to go. If the team leaves the pitch losers but have given it everything they got I will still be with them. We have not seen much of that all season.

The honeymoon is over MLSE!!!!!!! Blow it up and start again. And that starts with Anselmi and Mo. They both have got to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    To me it starts with the atmosphere at the stadium. I can't put my finger on it but it seems to me that we are not as enthusiastic this season as we were last year.
    I think you're right. We should fire a lot of the season ticket holders and bring in new ones from the waiting list.

(well, okay, but come on, this thread is pretty silly, isn't it?)

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is getting off the rails and becoming a flame war for guys. Thanks for the insight bgnewf, I agree with what you said for the most part.

Closing this thread for now, go to PM's for you flame wars.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil