Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC considering Grassmaster pitch

Speculation is mounting that a good portion of the transfer fee for US international Maurice Edu paid to MLS and Toronto FC will be used to bring a world class Desso DD Grassmaster pitch to BMO field.
    Grassmaster is a natural grass pitch that has been reinforced with artificial grass fibers. Both the Emirates and Anfield feature state of the art Grassmaster pitches and as ever TFC looks to make their footballing experience as close to an English one as possible.
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=node/199903

Grassmaster isn't just a grass pitch like there is in Montreal. It is the best there is.

It's used by: Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, the Spurs, West Ham, Norwich City, Feyenoord and Real Madrid, amongst others.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice! Our national soccer stadium deserves the best.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some good news to start the day...interesting....hopefully the wheels are in motion!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Arsenal-grade pitch at BMO? That would be amazing, haha.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O-m-g

Please!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal's pitch

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the basis for this rumour, anyway?

The post doesn't give any sources or anything - even anonymous ones - it just says that "speculation is mounting", and then pulls the type of grass pitch out of nowhere.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we gonna still be able to play on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO

if its a grass pitch, it should only be played on during game days.

other wise you see the montreal pitch effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

The post doesn't give any sources or anything - even anonymous ones - it just says that "speculation is mounting", and then pulls the type of grass pitch out of nowhere.

- Scott
    Tribal Football is almost as bad as MLS rumours. They probably pulled it out of Mo's quote that he wants grass and went from there lol.

I looked at their site and it says it takes 6-8 weeks. If they did install this I wonder when they would do it? I wonder if they could get away with installing it in October so it would be ready to go next season. It would makes sense in order to get some quality players who are shying away from turf. I would be surprised though as there are a lot of moving pieces like finding another place to set up a field, moving the bubble and of course and dealing with city council.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well..... we only play on it for uber important supporters matches anyway........

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... it's probably rumour based on nothing...

but it got me excited this morning none the less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news first thing in the morning! Hopefully they can get the wheels in motion for next year to lure some quality players here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NICE!! Now if we can get the players to go with it that would be great!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    NICE!! Now if we can get the players to go with it that would be great!!
    I'll take any of Asenal's starting 11.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Arsenal's pitch

I never thought a I'd look at a grass pitch and think "God damn that's sexy!" Even if it's just a Rumour ... I still think this would be a sexy and well deserved addition to BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

they probably got it from this board.. we discussed grassmaster recently in one of these threads.

mlsrumours does that all the time...

i think we'd know about this before tribalrumours does, because it would have to be a political decision. there'd have to be something agreed upon by the local politicians and the CNE Board before TFC could just write a cheque for this DD Grassmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys, heres a link to Desso, with visuals to go along with their explanation,

http://www.dessosports.com/en/desso-grassmaster.html

some good things i gathered:
    -The main benefit of artificial grass is its durability
    -
    smooth drainage of excess rainwater
    -
    Ball behaviour, the interaction between player and pitch, grip and sliding characteristics…all have the natural grass feel.
    -natural grass pitch can be played on for a maximum of 300 hours per season. A Desso GrassMaster pitch can easily take three times that
    -stadium managers, local authorities and sports clubs increasingly prefer a multifunctional use of the infrastructure. Just think of the organisation of events, concerts, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I Like!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note to TFC coffers....

I'll pre-pay for a 25 year season ticket if you make our pitch look like Arsenal's pitch in the picture above.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's throw some big money at this guy, who grows the best pitch in the Prem.

Maybe Ar5ena1 will get one as good as this someday, though they certainly didn't enjoy playing on it last time they visited.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Ma...239676,00.html

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG, happiness is not marineland today

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Desso GrassMaster is a sports field of 100% natural grass reinforced with Desso synthetic grass fibres. The unique element of this patented reinforced natural grass system is the 20 million artificial grass fibres injected 20 cm deep into the pitch. During the growing process, the roots of the natural grass entwine with the synthetic grass fibres and anchor the turf into a stable and even field. In this way the natural grass fibres are well protected against tackles and sliding. Moreover, it ensures better drainage of the pitch. Despite the fact that 3% of the pitch is made up of synthetic grass fibres, Desso GrassMaster gives players the feeling of playing on a 100% natural grass pitch.

Expressed in figures: Desso GrassMaster comprises 100% natural grass and 20 million individual artificial grass fibres, or 40 000 km artificial fibres, in a single field (the circumference of the globe). Desso GrassMaster has the playing capacity of 3 standard natural grass pitches and over 250 Desso GrassMaster pitches have been installed worldwide

Top clubs like Arsenal FC, Feyenoord, Denver Broncos, Tottenham Hotspur FC and RSC Anderlecht are certainly convinced of the benefits. Desso GrassMaster is authorized both by FIFA and UEFA for top competitions.

http://www.dessosports.com/en/sports/football.html
    Last edited by denime; 09-10-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Desso GrassMaster is a sports field of 100% natural grass reinforced with Desso synthetic grass fibres. The unique element of this patented reinforced natural grass system is the 20 million artificial grass fibres injected 20 cm deep into the pitch. During the growing process, the roots of the natural grass entwine with the synthetic grass fibres and anchor the turf into a stable and even field. In this way the natural grass fibres are well protected against tackles and sliding. Moreover, it ensures better drainage of the pitch. Despite the fact that 3% of the pitch is made up of synthetic grass fibres, Desso GrassMaster gives players the feeling of playing on a 100% natural grass pitch.

Expressed in figures: Desso GrassMaster comprises 100% natural grass and 20 million individual artificial grass fibres, or 40 000 km artificial fibres, in a single field (the circumference of the globe). Desso GrassMaster has the playing capacity of 3 standard natural grass pitches and over 250 Desso GrassMaster pitches have been installed worldwide

Top clubs like Arsenal FC, Feyenoord, Denver Broncos, Tottenham Hotspur FC and RSC Anderlecht are certainly convinced of the benefits. Desso GrassMaster is authorized both by FIFA and UEFA for top competitions.

http://www.dessosports.com/en/sports/football.html

I'm wondering why the site has no mention of Villa Park. Aston Villa uses it at Villa Park as well as their training ground.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmin...7319-21215029/

“The exact replica pitch has the same crown – 16 inches high in the middle – same sand, same grass seed and the same artificial grass that is used at Villa Park called Desso, where artificial grass is “stitched” into the surface.”
    The only difference is that the undersoil heating will be electric – just like in an electric blanket, not like the pipe system in operation at Villa Park and 99 per cent of other grounds.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that is some beautiful looking vegetation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really thought I would be this happy about anything related to grass but this would an amazing addition...I hope it true !

olegunnar

I should win seasons tickets for suggesting this product in the grass at bmo field thread way back when

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good pitch + good players = better soccer + happier fans.

It all adds up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it will smell great on game day.

I_AM_CANADIAN

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope this isn't just a stupid rumour, because this is absolutely fantastic news. The pitch will no longer be an excuse... Playing at BMO would now be equivalent to playing at the Bernabeu or the Emirates!!