Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Ah, vous habiter a Ottawa, c'est pour ça vous êtes bilingue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I see it live here on CBC main network:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/torontofc-schedule.html

oh wait, it's on "Bold" channel 277 not the main network. it's repeated at midnight on the main network.

Thank god I have that 277.
    Thanks for the info! Cool, I get that channel too. Still, it should be broadcast live on the main CBC network...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    ^^ Ah, vous habitez à Ottawa, c'est pour ça que vous êtes bilingue.
    Lol, actually no. It's just a coincidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh....Toronto we love you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManU4ever View Post
    FFS, no one can score!
    You basically just summed up the USL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Shooting the games with HD cameras will do that, even when broadcast in SD.
    I watched on SRC's HD channel. The game wasn't shown in HD - it was shown in SD; widescreen, but SD.

Probably just completely digital, so less signal loss, than there being HD involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal last year averaged about 11000 a game which is amazing for usl soccer. The small crowd is soly do to the weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I love about Stade saputo is that it seems soo cozy. The seats are nice and close and even the "open" end has those tents set up and it looks really nice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    this wasn't a Canada Cup game.

Montreal plays Van in June at Saputo for the CC.

You're clueless once again.. hahaha.

Oh okay i thought I few guys here were saying it was a CC Game.

Never the less it was bad boring pathetic soccer. I feel sorry for you guys who are going to watch the CC games and dished out good money for it. MLSE has taken all of you for a ride and you bought it. All it prove is that you have no concept of what quality soccer is.

I've watched live soccer in Europe for less. The USL soccer is at best division 3 . Fuck I would rather watch my sons rep league. Better quality soccer tahn what was on tv today..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post

Never the less it was bad boring pathetic soccer. I feel sorry for you guys who are going to watch the CC games and dished out good money for it. MLSE has taken all of you for a ride and you bought it. All it prove is that you have no concept of what quality soccer is.

I've watched live soccer in Europe for less. The USL soccer is at best division 3 . Fuck I would rather watch my sons rep league. Better quality soccer tahn what was on tv today..
    We watch and go because we Support TORONTO FC!!! BOTTOM LINE!! NO MATTER WHO WE PLAY! WE BLEED RED!..

UNlike yourself!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds will beat both of these teams, today showed their is a pretty good difference in the quality between the USL and MLS.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    We watch and go because we Support TORONTO FC!!! BOTTOM LINE!! NO MATTER WHO WE PLAY! WE BLEED RED!..

UNlike yourself!
    Well said!
    giambac: We're not comparing MLS w/ the Euro leagues! You don't have any interest in the Canada Cup games, that's your choice let us enjoy it and go back to your thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel sorry for you for a) thinking that we give a fuck what some Eurosnob has to say, and b) feeling the need to spout off such trash on this board.

Why the fuck are you on a TFC supporters board anyways? Did you make a wrong turn when looking for the "self-loathing losers who think they're European" board?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We support Toronto FC. We support our boys in red no matter where they play or who they face on the pitch. It shouldn't matter to real supporters who our boys play on a weekly basis because all that matters to us is supporting our club, winning games, collecting points and hopefully winning the Canada Cup and everything after that, including the MLS Cup. Nothing else matters to us except TFC because it runs in our blood. I'd walk to the ends of the earth to support this team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does this prove that we have no concept about what quality soccer is... i support juventus no matter what they go through serie b , serie a, scandal.. i support tfc because they are my hometown team.. i could care less what quality they are playing because they are MY team.. you my friend have no idea about what a quality supporter is... if your looking for the best value to watch a soccer game then it isn't tfc.. you seem to like watching bargain soccer matches in europe.. you'd like wal mart too they have lots of bargains too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u got problems buddy, whats a matter, you dont have seasons tickets?! so pissed at everyone else that got first dibs on the Concacaf games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if Giambac is from Italy (judging from "Azurri Nation" - which makes no sense to begin with; who associates blue with Italy?!?), then does this mean that during the Euro qualifiers when they played the Faroe Islands (who for the record lost all 12 games with a goal differential of -39), you wouldn't go see your team? What kind of supporter are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    So if Giambac is from Italy (judging from "Azurri Nation" - which makes no sense to begin with; who associates blue with Italy?!?), then does this mean that during the Euro qualifiers when they played the Faroe Islands (who for the record lost all 12 games with a goal differential of -39), you wouldn't go see your team? What kind of supporter are you?
    Blue (azurri) comes from a monarch or nobility that used the colour blue. I think it was their coat of arms in the way in which they dressed.
    Anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, you guys have to admit that if nothing else, Giambac is entertaining...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was tim90.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=CBlake;9988]The Reds will beat both of these teams, today showed their is a pretty good difference in the quality between the USL and MLS.[/quote]

Agreed .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that what this forum is for . entertainment.

For the record, I am a STH, actualy I have 4 season tickets. I purchased my CC games and then sold them at cost to other fans on this site who wanted them so they could go watch these games for I don't care for.

I go to each game and support TFC.

My beef isn't with TFC or the MLS.

My beef is with these CC games. We already play enough matches and now they throw in another 4 games against crappy teams from a bullshit league. My concern is that the team risks injury to players playing these games and this could then affect our league matches.

The Conancaff tourny can and will be exciting but shit this is the qualifiers just to get in. I know you have to win to get in but from what I've seen Carver can use mostly reserve players with maybe 4 starters and they would win. Hopefully this is the approach he uses and he rests his palyers like Guevera and Robert for the LA game on May 31st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that what this forum is for . entertainment.

For the record, I am a STH, actualy I have 4 season tickets. I purchased my CC games and then sold them at cost to other fans on this site who wanted them so they could go watch these games for I don't care for.

I go to each game and support TFC.

My beef isn't with TFC or the MLS.

My beef is with these CC games. We already play enough matches and now they throw in another 4 games against crappy teams from a bullshit league. My concern is that the team risks injury to players playing these games and this could then affect our league matches.

The Conancaff tourny can and will be exciting but shit this is the qualifiers just to get in. I know you have to win to get in but from what I've seen Carver can use mostly reserve players with maybe 4 starters and they would win. Hopefully this is the approach he uses and he rests his palyers like Guevera and Robert for the LA game on May 31st.

Again, USL ain't bullshit. Remember that Toronto-Portland friendly? Where we lost like 4-1. And if there were relegation, TFC would be in USL this season and get this, Montreal would be in MLS. Oh yeah, the whitecaps, of this shit league beat the LA Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Again, USL ain't bullshit. Remember that Toronto-Portland friendly? Where we lost like 4-1. And if there were relegation, TFC would be in USL this season and get this, Montreal would be in MLS. Oh yeah, the whitecaps, of this shit league beat the LA Galaxy.
    Aside from the friendlies, MLS sides lost (in some cases got smoked) by USL sides last year in the US Open Cup. USL sides are no pushover. If Manchester United fans can watch games against Derby, we can watch games against Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only have USL-1 one teams have knocked off MLS sides but so have USL-2 teams and in one instance I know of a USASA team, Dallas Roma knocked off Chivas.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that Rochester (USL) beat all of the MLS sides to win the US Open Cup one year, so winning is not guaranteed. Sure they are lower sides, but if I were in the UK, I would still watch my club's FA Cup games, and if I were in Italy, I'd watch my club playing for the Italian Cup (even if it is less important than the Scudetto). Besides, it's not just a bunch of friendlies, these are for a meaningful goal, so TFC needs our support.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I just assumed you guys were watching the CC game. So this was a USL match? Because if you're watching USL friendlies...Either way, good on ya.( I gotta find out why my mac wouldn't stream...)

Giambic is spoiled with high quality calcio from the couch. It's alright I'm wishing his kid the best of luck with their soccer so he gets to see EVERY level of the game live.

TFC!
    Academy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Wow, I just assumed you guys were watching the CC game. So this was a USL match? Because if you're watching USL friendlies...Either way, good on ya.( I gotta find out why my mac wouldn't stream...)

Giambic is spoiled with high quality calcio from the couch. It's alright I'm wishing his kid the best of luck with their soccer so he gets to see EVERY level of the game live.

TFC!
    Academy!
    I ended up booting in to XP to watch it. For some reason the quicktime codec wouldn't run it in either safari or firefox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel sorry when your pathetic ass is sitting at home with your boyfriend who's cheating on you and I'm at the stadium drinking, chanting and watching TFC score 5 goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it was opening day and all but that grass looked really good! Even with the rain - the drainage seemed to be working well. Especially when you compare it to that disgraceful surface in Edmonton for the Whitecaps and Galaxy game last week. I think by looking at some pics of the stadium a lot of fans probably crammed into the area that is covered - which is where the cameras and press boxes are.