Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC: Last place by tomorrow?

San Jose is up 1 nil on DC....oh boy....here they go past us.....I called it several Earthquake wins ago...and here they are....biting our sophomore heels.

Quite amusing...or embarrassing, Im not sure which.

LA tied, KC plays tomorrow...

either way....we could be reunited with our friend the cantina by tomorrow.

Can't wait til the Sounders are in the league....another organization to fly past us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can also officially stop making fun of the GBS's Columbus Crew.....they f*ckin blasted the Revs today 4 zip.

Very heavy defeat....they're clear in first by several points now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no reason we should be this bad.

It's so difficult to be a sports fan in this city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its not tomorrow its next week, its only a matter of time.

columbus in first place, TFC in last, san jose finish with more points than us..... this season is turning out to be a nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post

columbus in first place, TFC in last, san jose finish with more points than us..... this season is turning out to be a nightmare.
    And to think, we were what....5-2-1 at one point.

My how things have gone ridiculously pear-shaped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    We can also officially stop making fun of the GBS's Columbus Crew.....they f*ckin blasted the Revs today 4 zip.

Although the Rev's will have no problem hobbling into the playoffs, they really seem to be limping along right now.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your damn right we will be in last place by tomorrow, we will not be winning again this year, tell me, with what we have and morale so strong, who can we beat? last place is bad enough, but to be embarassed in last place really hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 more game left 3 home & 4 away and we are going to lose everyone 3-0 and next season no one will get there own banner I'm paint over all my banners. I will replace with a team banner.
    Last edited by nascarguy; 09-07-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post

no last year was a nightmare

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they have a good team....but they're in COLUMBUS! You can always make fun of that fact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We never made fun of Columbus because their team was bad. We made fun of Columbus because... it's Columbus.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    It's so difficult to be a sports fan in this city.
    Its tough at times thats for sure...

I just got so pissed off yesterday I just kept heckling the tender - probably drove everyone around me nuts... Sorry all... Then the big guy gets hurt, and then gets dropped by the medical staff - poor bastard...

Looking back, I should have walked out with 7-8 minutes left in the match and caught the 6:00pm GO train...

At least my chinese take out was good...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey...its tomorrow......Guess...where...we...aaare?

Yup. Last place.

A spot that resonates with a lot of ppl in the MLSE organization.

Wooden spoon action here we come.

Billy Bean and Frankie Yallop must be absolutely rolling around with laughter of how they've put together a better team in San Jose then we have already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience people. We have the hardest challenges of any of the clubs. We started the year of with all our starters, and we only signed better. With Garber and his goons hopefully making some progress in terms of scheduling, etc, we will have a much stronger product next year. This is our 2nd year people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being world-beaters, (or even MLS beaters) isn't my problem. It's the fact that we are in last place. Sorry but being a 2nd year team doesn't excuse that. Not in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a friend of mine at the match yesterday, he is over from England and has played professional football in the 60's, I don't know whether it was because of me, (TFC supporter) but commented on how TFC was playing not too bad, should have scored at least 3 in the first half and another near the end of the second. Noted to me in the first 15 minutes that Kambere was out of posistion too many times and Harmse was ball watching on the first goal, Harmse did not come back to attempt a tackle even before the pass off to the Chivas player who struck the first goal.
    His observations are that TFC are a second year team and are building in a very difficult situation, salary caps, MLS owning the contracts and the turf makes the ball bounce way too much.

Yes we are in last place, but I have to support my team, I am staying on the bandwagon, have never jumped off, so I won't have jump back on when we start winning again, not like many of the shallow supporters that seem to be out in the 'Ether', we like many others stayed and applauded the team as they left the field.
    Criticism is very good when constructive!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Yes we are in last place, but I have to support my team, I am staying on the bandwagon, have never jumped off, so I won't have jump back on when we start winning again, not like many of the shallow supporters that seem to be out in the 'Ether', we like many others stayed and applauded the team as they left the field.
    Criticism is very good when constructive!!!
    Two things.

1) You are not on a bandwagon my friend. You are a loyal fan. For this to be a bandwagon, we'd need to be a winning team. Be proud...you are supporting this team during tough times and you can hold your head high for when the good times come.

2) People can't seem to manage to criticize this team without shitting on it. I am sure as hell hopeful none of these people are managing people or in some other position of responsibility. Nobody said this forum can't have criticism, but when all you are doing is riling people up...well...thanks but no thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's always positive criticism (We had many guys out) and negative (we're shit).

There's always a silver lining in the cloud. Look at Columbus Blue Jackets. The only NHL team to not make the playoffs. And it doesn't look like they will be anytime soon. However, their expansion counterpart has made it 3 times and won a Division title. Bad management? Players? Fans?

As Roogsy said (DYNOMITE), it's tough to be a sports fan in this city when technically, the Toronto Rock/Argos have been the most successful franchises in this city, in sports barely recognized continentally. However, realize good times are ahead and when we are the victors, it just makes it sweeter.

Either that or opens up more Season Tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is the whiners on this board stagnate any attempt at real discussion by continually showing themselves as fans and not supporters.. Is our club is dire straits atm; Hell yes. Is it our job to continue to support our club regardless of outcomes; Hell Yes.

Too many ppl that call themselves supporters on this board are more interested in protesting this or that, then supporting the club they "profess" to love and it's a joke.

You bitch and complain when you should be concentrating on what supporters do best, Supporting your club. So many of us are under the assumption that our support is the best in the league, well it just isn't the case. All the support in the south end is to blame. Instead of unifying for the glory of the club, we still continue to each forage ahead in separate directions. The south end claims to be the heart of BMO's support and I call bullshit.

If the south end is the heart of our support it's a withering, festering, decrepit black heart. How a group like the NEE can continue to create and produce Tifo and maintain cohesion with an 1/20 of the numbers in the south end, every game is outstanding.

It's time to put aside the personal agenda's and the bitterness to fellow supporters and high time we actually started to produce results in the stands.. We don't need 15 supporteres groups, we need one group united in support for our club.. dare I say it, we need a proper supporters association.. everyone working together, not against each other.

If half you people spent as much time supporting the club as you did bitching and moaning like little prats, we'd be in a better place.. use that negative energy to affect change my good people. Feeling pissed off or down, then funnel that energy into things that will show our lads that win by 4 or lose by 4 we're right behind them, regardless.

End of pointless rant.. feel free to bash all you want.. after all the truth does hurt.
    Last edited by kshep; 09-07-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Last place.

Billy Bean and Frankie Yallop must be absolutely rolling around with laughter of how they've put together a better team in San Jose then we have already.
    They're only laughing because the field turf at BMO gifted them their two best players. Two guys that SHOULD be in TFC Red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But for real guys, we all expect tfc to win today

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    The problem is the whiners on this board stagnate any attempt at real discussion by continually showing themselves as fans and not supporters.. Is our club is dire straits atm; Hell yes. Is it our job to continue to support our club regardless of outcomes; Hell Yes.

Too many ppl that call themselves supporters on this board are more interested in protesting this or that, then supporting the club they "profess" to love and it's a joke.

You bitch and complain when you should be concentrating on what supporters do best, Supporting your club. So many of us are under the assumption that our support is the best in the league, well it just isn't the case. All the support in the south end is to blame. Instead of unifying for the glory of the club, we still continue to each forage ahead in separate directions. The south end claims to be the heart of BMO's support and I call bullshit.

If the south end is the heart of our support it's a withering, festering, decrepit black heart. How a group like the NEE can continue to create and produce Tifo and maintain cohesion with an 1/20 of the numbers in the south end, every game is outstanding.

It's time to put aside the personal agenda's and the bitterness to fellow supporters and high time we actually started to produce results in the stands.. We don't need 15 supporteres groups, we need one group united in support for our club.. dare I say it, we need a proper supporters association.. everyone working together, not against each other.

If half you people spent as much time supporting the club as you did bitching and moaning like little prats, we'd be in a better place.. use that negative energy to affect change my good people. Feeling pissed off or down, then funnel that energy into things that will show our lads that win by 4 or lose by 4 we're right behind them, regardless.

End of pointless rant.. feel free to bash all you want.. after all the truth does hurt.
    No bashing. Just a big fat...

QFFT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Last place.

They won't be laughing for long, when they realize that they've mortgaged the club's future, in order to have a middling record this season, instead of a bad one.

What kind of an expansion team trades away their first round draft pick?

While I guess it's sort of embarrassing, I keep looking at some of the talent we've got on our roster, coupled with all of our high draft picks, and allocation coming out of our nose - we will be alright.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, Kansas City just lost 3-1 to Houston so they are now in last on goal difference. Wahoo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have any of KC's draft picks? Please say yes! LOL!

It's incredible that the two teams that started off so well this season have hit the crapper so badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it interesting how last place is 6 points out of the playoffs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_vw View Post
    Isn't it interesting how last place is 6 points out of the playoffs?
    Not completely.

I mean it is a league with a salary cap where parity is pretty much guaranteed.

You'll never have runaway teams, and you'll never have teams so bad, they might only manage 1 win a season.