Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soccer net says this:

MLS rosters can total 28, including Generation Adidas players and various other categories, a number which would be sufficient if all players were full professionals without designations

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I. MLS ROSTER COMPOSITION
    A Major League Soccer team's full roster is comprised of the Senior Roster and the Developmental Roster. The full roster shall exceed no more than 28 total players: 18 players on the Senior Roster and no more than 10 players on the Developmental Roster. All 28 players are eligible for selection as part of the game-day squad during the regular season and playoffs.

http://www.mlsnet.com/about/league.j...ntent=overview
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so it is 28 and not 25. So TFC should have signed more players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    ok so it is 28 and not 25. So TFC should have signed more players
    Might not have been able to... You can have *up to* 28 players as long as you stay under the salary cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bangersandmash View Post
    Might not have been able to... You can have *up to* 28 players as long as you stay under the salary cap.

Ah yes, you're right! But then the question woulb be, how come Mo can't manage the Cap in order to have 28 players so that we have enough to field a team when there are callups. He knew months ago about the WC games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you know what they say about "best laid plans." I'm willing to bet that Mo didn't plan on needing to replace two strikers, two defenders and a midfielder part way through the season.

Again, I sound like a Mo apologist (I'm more of a Mo indifferentist), but this is one game out of a season and he probably thought he could get away with dropping one or two. And if you look at our form up until June 21 (6-4-3) you'd probably think he was right. If we continued that form we'd eventually be 12-8-6 and locked into a decent playoff spot.

Sometimes shit just doesn't go your way. Look at Chelsea last year... unlimited transfer funds, top players, top keeper, deep bench, latin players, European players, African players, an easy draw through the FA Cup... how many new trophies did they come home with? (and don't point out that Graham got sacked for the performance because he was never keeping the job anyways!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point but I am sure that othet teams have similar and other problems too.

My point is taht we cannot be satisfied with our situation. I want to see improvments..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says they are satisfied, i think youd be hardpressed to find people happy withour current situation. What is ridiculous is throwing hte baby out with the bathwater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    IMy point is taht we cannot be satisfied with our situation. I want to see improvments..
    Oh definitely, improvements are on the order. I'd like to see our players understand that a football match is 90+ minutes, not 80+ minutes. That change alone would make us a playoff team already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Who says they are satisfied, i think youd be hardpressed to find people happy withour current situation. What is ridiculous is throwing hte baby out with the bathwater.
    lol@ metaphor.

The MLS is completely responsible for this one, even if they can't respect international FIFA dates, then they should at least have the decency to reschedule games like this upcoming one against Chivas if they want the best talent to come here, or else the Managers won't bother bringing them in, and this league will become even more of a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of Brennan, Robinson and Wynne I'm having a hard time caring about the loss of our international call-ups. Sutton makes too many howlers to be a serious number 1. Our back line might as well have missed last weeks game. In fact, the only shame is that Velez isn't going to go watch his linemates play. Guevera's a head case, and Ruiz appears to be destined to take over Roberts' invisibility role.

I predict a more entertaining and more tightly contested match.

But then again what do I know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    What's funny is that the team will be missing so many players from so many different countries - none of them European - and the complaint here is that the team is too Euro-centered.

Clearly we need more players like Danny D and Ricketts who won't get called up
    Too true!

Does anyone know if nine players away on international duty is an MLS record or not?

Another thing I was thinking about...remember the movie Bull Durham, when the Bulls were in dire need of a rainout, the guys snuck into the ballpark, cranked on the sprinklers and totally flooded the grass.

We should do the same thing! We sneak into BMO Friday night and totally drench the gra...

Nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be noted that we are completely allowed to add another player because of dunivants injury.