Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Giambac...I think all I have ever read from you is complaints against TFC players. Do you like ANY players at all?
    I dont even think he likes the team or the league, let alone any players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I like his analysis sometimes. I think his passion for the TFC is just as great as ours. Its good to be critical, as long as its constructive. I think we all want our Red's to be GIANTS in this league, so why not hold everyone to a very high standard?? Carver will lead us to the promised land!!

IN CARVER WE TRUST!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your wrong Buddy.

I love TFC. That's why I have 4 season tickets and support them.

Having said that I'm not going to call a player great just because he wears the Red TFC Jersey. As a suporter and fan you have the right to your opinion. I have constantly said the following:

Goaltending - Sutton is solid, amongst the leagues best
    Defenece - They are decent and getting better by the game, including Valez.
    Midfielders- 2 of our 3 midfilders are amazing and amongst the leagues best. I'm talking about Gueveras and Robert. The other midfielder (Ricketts ) is just average as his game ratings have been showing - 5 out of 10 by soccer analysts.
    Strikers - very poor and that's where the team is lacking

Summary - If the team had a quality striker it would be one of the most if not the most feared team in the league.

Most of you guys are such HOMERS and think that if you critcize a player your not a supporter. Shit man these guys are professionals and are paid to play like professionals. If I single out a player because he isn't performing to all the hype that surrounded his signings people get bent out of shape. Not everyone on our team is a star, and you have to realize that.

P.s.- Jloome wanted facts to support my opinion and said I was generalizing in my opinion. Now that I provided support for my opinion (Score soccer analysts and even Coach Carver indicated Ricketts had a sub par game - a rating of 5 out of 10), the dude Jloome has gone quite. Go figure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Your wrong Buddy.

I love TFC. That's why I have 4 season tickets and support them.

Having said that I'm not going to call a player great just because he wears the Red TFC Jersey. As a suporter and fan you have the right to your opinion. I have constantly said the following:

Goaltending - Sutton is solid, amongst the leagues best
    Defenece - They are decent and getting better by the game, including Valez.
    Midfielders- 2 of our 3 midfilders are amazing and amongst the leagues best. I'm talking about Gueveras and Robert. The other midfielder (Ricketts ) is just average as his game ratings have been showing - 5 out of 10 by soccer analysts.
    Strikers - very poor and that's where the team is lacking

Summary - If the team had a quality striker it would be one of the most if not the most feared team in the league.

Most of you guys are such HOMERS and think that if you critcize a player your not a supporter. Shit man these guys are professionals and are paid to play like professionals. If I single out a player because he isn't performing to all the hype that surrounded his signings people get bent out of shape. Not everyone on our team is a star, and you have to realize that.

P.s.- Jloome wanted facts to support my opinion and said I was generalizing in my opinion. Now that I provided support for my opinion (Score soccer analysts and even Coach Carver indicated Ricketts had a sub par game - a rating of 5 out of 10), the dude Jloome has gone quite. Go figure.
    No dude, I'm just fed up with arguing with a child who doesn't even know what "proof" is. Find me one quote -- one single quote -- where Carver said Rohan Ricketts, specifically, had a bad game. And 5 isn't a bad rating according to most NA anaylsts. Go look at the ratings from Geoff Goff one week, as he's the only professional, competent newspaper reporter covering the sport 100% of his professional time. 5 is considered average over here, not sub par.

Look, you can waste your time sitting around here wanking to get the last post in if you want, but I've made my points. Hasta.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point is that every thread you start is about putting DOWN a player.

Listen...I am all for objective analysis. Even I am sometimes accused of ragging on players too much. But I have never seen a POSITIVE comment from you from anyone and it gets real tired when you ride players like Dichio about things that were never part of their portfolio and complain that he isn't doing more than what his job actually is. Or Ricketts.

Stick to the facts and participate in a couple of positive threads. Because all you are doing is coming across as bitter and negative, especially towards TFC. Until now...none of us even knew if you even liked anyone on TFC. That says something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Ricketts is great now... he'll be amazing once he gets the swing of the MLS! I didnt' pay 150$ for an Official, Red, Ricketts #10 Jersey for nothing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The point is that every thread you start is about putting DOWN a player.
    Thats pretty much it.
    All your comments come off as negative as opposed to constructive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No dude, I'm just fed up with arguing with a child who doesn't even know what "proof" is. Find me one quote -- one single quote -- where Carver said Rohan Ricketts, specifically, had a bad game. And 5 isn't a bad rating according to most NA anaylsts. Go look at the ratings from Geoff Goff one week, as he's the only professional, competent newspaper reporter covering the sport 100% of his professional time. 5 is considered average over here, not sub par.

Look, you can waste your time sitting around here wanking to get the last post in if you want, but I've made my points. Hasta.
    Baby, stop crying.

Your getting upset because I proved you wrong.

5 isn't bad? Not for you becasue your a failure. RR got a 5 out of 10 from soccer analysts. If you look at the column RR had the worst on the team. Of the 11 starters only 2 had 5 (Ricketts and Dichio). What else do you need? For you it is good because 5 is a passing grade WoW man that tells me alot.

Stop with the stupid threads and analysts of the game and player when true soccer analysts show otherwise. Your in the wrong sport.

Like I said take up baseball where a .500Avearge is considered good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say your comments have been getting better, i dont know that i agree that Ricketts is average, especially for this league. Granted he hasnt been tearing up the field but he hasnt been lagging either and we are only 7 games into the season, of which hes played, 4? I think we have more to see of him yet. Right now things are in his favor, according to stats and to be frank i dont think hes given us reason to believe otherwise.
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 05-20-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats pretty much it.
    All your comments come off as negative as opposed to constructive.

Show me where I criticized RR?

I said he was an average joe type of player. His ratings (5 out of 10 ) and his stas show it. Soccer analyst have said the same thing.

Shit not every player on this team is a star. Why can't people stop being such homers and take him for what he is. You have a Jloome who starts a thread saying that RR is the next bets thing to C Ronaldo and gives all this detailed minute by minute coverage of RR. All I said is that he must be watching a different game and player because RR hasn't lived up to the hype. I'm not going to kiss the ground he walks on just because he is aTFC player. I went him to do well for his sake and for the teams sake but as of now he hasn't lived up to his billing. He is Average. That is not criticizing him, that's telling it like it is. Nothing wrong with that comment.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally disagree.

Listen I'm not a Ricketts basher or hater. He isn't aterrible player but he is just an average joe at best.

Problem with Ricketts is that he signed after Robert and Guevera. When Mo signed Robert and Guevera everyone was saying we had the best midfield in the league. Then Mo signed Ricketts and there was alot of hype. After watching him play I think we have the best 2/3 midfield in the league and Ricketts isn't part of it. Maybe people thought because of his experience in the English league he would adjust easily to the MLS but he hasn't.

In his first game he blew a 4 on 1 chance. He didn't pass and he didn't shoot. Well I know why he didn't shoot beacause he has no force whatsoever in his shot. And why didn't he pass? Because the guy always dribbles with his head down. By doing so he never sees the open player or the opposing player coming onto him and eventually losing the ball. This constantly ahppened yesterday and in his previous games. Yes he can dribble buty for fuck sakes man they reach you in Soccer 101 to dribble with your head up. Just watch him on tapes and my point will be proven.

Like I said he isn't a bad player but has become a bashing boy because people realize that he is just average and there was to much hype when he came over. He is no where near the calibre of Robert and guevera.

But what people have to realize is that Ricketts isn't our problem They should be screaming more about our strikers. They are our problem and why we can't score. Both Dichio and Cunny should hang up the boots. If Carter brings in a striker who trully is a striker, than this team will be the most feared team in the league

Here is my first comment in this thread.
    I start out by saying I'm not a RR basher.
    All I call him is an average player.
    I end up by saying that RR isn't our problem and that the bigge rproblem is with our strikers.
    I end up saying that if we get a quality striker we will be the most feared team in the league.

That isn't being negative, that is providing an opinion. If people think otherwise they need to get alife.

Problem is you get dicks like Jloome who take things out of context and get upset because people don't agree with his silly analysis of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts is an average mid in this league? Are you serious? I do not give a shit about how American analysts rate him, they also think that Donavan is a top stiker on the international stage. I rate him on what I see. He is a better then average MLS mid, he has supperi speed and dribling skills, and with time he can become great. I am very happy with him , and he creates problems for defenders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Ricketts is an average mid in this league? Are you serious? I do not give a shit about how American analysts rate him, they also think that Donavan is a top stiker on the international stage. I rate him on what I see. He is a better then average MLS mid, he has supperi speed and dribling skills, and with time he can become great. I am very happy with him , and he creates problems for defenders.
    Hey your entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to bad mouth you beacuse I don't agree. Everyone has their opinions and not everyone will agree. Some people think Dichio is great, some think he should hang up the cleats. Some think Valez is good others think he isn't. This is always going to happen in the sports world.

The thing is some people on this forum don't know how to react when someone counters ther view (right Jloome)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't want to comment on this thread, but now I feel I have to.

RR has skill, no doubt about it. He played with Arsenal youth team, not just anybody gets on that team. He played in the EPL regularly at Spurs. How many players in MLS can you say played in top leagues around Europe? A handful at best.

People criticize Rohan for not scoring, but he does create chances, many chances. He causes havoc on opposing defenders. Have you ever seen just one defender on him? No, the opposition always puts 2 defenders on him, and he still beats them. He is still adjusting to the league, maybe to turf, to his teammates. It doesn't come overnight. I know RR is very passionate about soccer and especially his performance on the field. He wants to do well for Toronto.

as well, every game after the RSL game, teams are not letting TFC make the field larger, which as contributed to both lack of touches for both Robert and Rickettts.

So who is next week's whipping boy? We have gone throught.......Robbo, Edu, Velez, Dichio, now RR.......if Robert or Guevara misses a FK......are we going to start bashing them.

Relax people, we are undefeated at home, undefeated in 5 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey your entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to bad mouth you beacuse I don't agree. Everyone has their opinions and not everyone will agree. Some people think Dichio is great, some think he should hang up the cleats. Some think Valez is good others think he isn't. This is always going to happen in the sports world.

The thing is some people on this forum don't know how to react when someone counters ther view (right Jloome)
    You mean they call you names and stuff? or is that just you doing that?
    Try not to engage in the behavior while critisizing people for not taking opposing views well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my first comment in this thread.
    I start out by saying I'm not a RR basher.
    All I call him is an average player.
    I end up by saying that RR isn't our problem and that the bigge rproblem is with our strikers.
    I end up saying that if we get a quality striker we will be the most feared team in the league.

That isn't being negative, that is providing an opinion. If people think otherwise they need to get alife.
    I know what you said and i retorted by saying that you make alot (if not all) negative comments. That is a fact and you know it is. If you pay attention i did give you credit saying that your comments in this particular thread (although i disagree with them) are better then previous. Im simply suggesting constructive criticism goes alot further then simple negative comments.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if they are wrong. Not mentioning any names *wink* *wink*. RR has only played a handful of games so far give the kid a friggin break. Its obvious hes not a goal scorer, hes an out and out winger, don't expect goals because it wont happen. Our problem lays in our strikers our lack of them. This system with Dichio by himself is not working. The midfield is solid and in my opinion we have the best defence/goalkeeper in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if they are wrong. Not mentioning any names *wink* *wink*. RR has only played a handful of games so far give the kid a friggin break. Its obvious hes not a goal scorer, hes an out and out winger, don't expect goals because it wont happen. Our problem lays in our strikers our lack of them. This system with Dichio by himself is not working. The midfield is solid and in my opinion we have the best defence/goalkeeper in the league.

I second this and am looking forward to our DP striker (godwilling we get one and get one quick. Lets see Pizzaro in here!!!! i know thats never going to happen).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    here here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a premise for you(GiamBac)...I just want to put this out there...Let me know your thoughts...But, you must seriously think about it for a quick minute!

Years Club App Gls)*

2001-2002 Arsenal 00 (0)
    (Young, fast lots of potential, very though academy to get into)

2002-2005 Tottenham Hotspur 30 (1)
    (Glen Huddle is a big part of the move, does well at the Spurs)

2004 → Coventry City (loan) 06 (0)
    2005 → Wolves (loan) 07 (1)
    (Has some management issues, has some injury issues)

2005-2007 Wolves 44 (0)
    (Has a pretty good run, causes a lot of problems for opposing teams)

2007 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 02 (0)

2007-2008 Barnsley 10 (0)
    (Has some injury problems early on, can't crack the starting lineup again)

2008- Toronto FC 04 (0)

Never was Ricketts a goal scorer!!! So i don't know why GIAMBAC has a hard on for Ricketts to turn into a goal scorer!?!?
    I mean GIAMBAC get real. Ricketts used to have very high expectations, and was even linked to get a call up for the English
    National team..But Politics stepped in the way of that...Shit went down with him choosing to leave Arsenal to go to rival Spurs'
    That left a very bad taste in Arsenal's mouth!! Then politics crushed Glen Huddle over at Spurs' and as soon as that happened
    Ricketts career in the EPL was DOOMED! he hit some loan spells, got some injuries, and was never really given the chance to crack
    the starting line-up ever again, yes, the wolves allowed him to start, but then they relagated him to the bench. Some of his misfortune
    is attributed to bad luck, injuries, broken promises, vendetta's, mismangement, and even sometimes lack of skill. Somewhere though, deep
    down inside, we know of what he is capable of, which is, pace, control, and dangerous crosses that set-up strikers for the kill switch!
    He is capable of all these things, we have seen it in years past! He will never be a goal scorer!! thats just not what he was growing up!
    The beauty of all the hope, is that he is ONLY 25 yrs old!! And he has a hunger and desire to prove his worth, and quite possibly end up
    ion the Premiership again, now we all know that for him to go back to the Premiership is a tall order and probably won't happen, but who
    are we to crush his dreams?? I hope he finds his rhythm and starts massacre'ing people on the right hand side of the pitch. Trust me, John
    Carver knows what to look for...I think for right now, he wants Ricketts to stretch out that right side, nice and wide and cause some big problems
    for defenders down low, in order to free up space for Robert, Guevara and (soon to be DP Striker!) Carver knows what he his doing!

Have some faith my fellow TFC'ers!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Here's a premise for you(GiamBac)...I just want to put this out there...Let me know your thoughts...But, you must seriously think about it for a quick minute!

Years Club App Gls)*

2001-2002 Arsenal 00 (0)
    (Young, fast lots of potential, very though academy to get into)

2002-2005 Tottenham Hotspur 30 (1)
    (Glen Huddle is a big part of the move, does well at the Spurs)

2004 → Coventry City (loan) 06 (0)
    2005 → Wolves (loan) 07 (1)
    (Has some management issues, has some injury issues)

2005-2007 Wolves 44 (0)
    (Has a pretty good run, causes a lot of problems for opposing teams)

2007 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 02 (0)

2007-2008 Barnsley 10 (0)
    (Has some injury problems early on, can't crack the starting lineup again)

2008- Toronto FC 04 (0)

Never was Ricketts a goal scorer!!! So i don't know why GIAMBAC has a hard on for Ricketts to turn into a goal scorer!?!?
    I mean GIAMBAC get real. Ricketts used to have very high expectations, and was even linked to get a call up for the English
    National team..But Politics stepped in the way of that...Shit went down with him choosing to leave Arsenal to go to rival Spurs'
    That left a very bad taste in Arsenal's mouth!! Then politics crushed Glen Huddle over at Spurs' and as soon as that happened
    Ricketts career in the EPL was DOOMED! he hit some loan spells, got some injuries, and was never really given the chance to crack
    the starting line-up ever again, yes, the wolves allowed him to start, but then they relagated him to the bench. Some of his misfortune
    is attributed to bad luck, injuries, broken promises, vendetta's, mismangement, and even sometimes lack of skill. Somewhere though, deep
    down inside, we know of what he is capable of, which is, pace, control, and dangerous crosses that set-up strikers for the kill switch!
    He is capable of all these things, we have seen it in years past! He will never be a goal scorer!! thats just not what he was growing up!
    The beauty of all the hope, is that he is ONLY 25 yrs old!! And he has a hunger and desire to prove his worth, and quite possibly end up
    ion the Premiership again, now we all know that for him to go back to the Premiership is a tall order and probably won't happen, but who
    are we to crush his dreams?? I hope he finds his rhythm and starts massacre'ing people on the right hand side of the pitch. Trust me, John
    Carver knows what to look for...I think for right now, he wants Ricketts to stretch out that right side, nice and wide and cause some big problems
    for defenders down low, in order to free up space for Robert, Guevara and (soon to be DP Striker!) Carver knows what he his doing!

Have some faith my fellow TFC'ers!
    Dude,

read before you right.

I wrote 5-6 comments on this thread. I don't want RR to be a goal scorer. He isn't a striker an dwasn't brought here for that.

All I've said is that he is an avergae player . sure he is 25 and has upside and alot of potential. Hopefully one day he lives up to it. as of now your summary shows that it's been one excuse after another (bad management, politics, injuries, bad spells, regulated to the bench etc etc etc etc...) Now it's new teammates, new league. I don't want him to score, his record shows he isn't a goal scorer. On my charts he ranks behing Guevera, Robert, Edu an dRobinson on our midfield. Can you dispute this.?

All I'm saying is when will that change . So far it hasn't maybe it will wuth TFC but at the moment he is what he is. Plain and simple.

Remember read before you right your comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He plays on the left
    He plays on the riggghtttttttt
    That boy Ricketts, makes MLS look shite!