Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I'll be happy to see some improvement and some consistency in the remaining games. I'll remain hopeful but realistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    At this point, I'll be happy to see some improvement and some consistency in the remaining games. I'll remain hopeful but realistic.
    I'd love to see the current club gel, light the league on fire, even if they don't make the playoffs. Then put the same squad out on the pitch for next season, with some major alterations in the depth department.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still have a pretty good shot at the playoffs if you ask me. MLS teams are super streaky, they play great for three or four games and then suck balls for a few. Unfortunately, TFC have just been sucking balls a little longer and harder then a couple other teams lately. Things'll turn around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats everyone making a big deal about? he said he "thinks" they aren't going to make the playoffs, its just his opinion. Its not like he said they have no chance in hell of making the playoffs.... and unfortunately i don’t think he’s wrong either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all those other games are in the past, we have Chivas coming up saturday we need
    a win or not lose. A win is possible as Chivas is not as good as LA and we won against LA in the same stadium.....2-0 TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...f-your--1.html

WTF- Do you think with the addition of Smith and Ruiz, does TFC have what it takes to go deep in the MLS playoffs?
    Not in the slightest, unless Ruiz somehow regains his form of several years ago and Smith somehow becomes way better than advertised, way sooner than expected.

We've added nothing significant compared to plenty of other teams and we've won one game in our last 14.

I think he's just stating the obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post

how pissed would all of us be if you found out this was the attitude of the players in the change rooms.
    if in an interview jimmy said yea i hope we make it.. but realisticly we probably wont, everyone would be mad.
    how about we stand behind are team and dont give up until the last whistle in that last game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Sky is blue" - Ives

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_Brantford_08 View Post
    all those other games are in the past, we have Chivas coming up saturday we need
    a win or not lose. A win is possible as Chivas is not as good as LA and we won against LA in the same stadium.....2-0 TFC
    For future reference, I believe a 'not lose' is called a tie or a draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Tyler View Post
    Can a mod temporarily suspend this guy's account or something? I swear to God every post he makes here, usually begins or ends with him being a dick to someone.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond that, I'm looking forward without dwelling on playoffs. Playoffs are just a benchmark to qualify for anyway. I want to concentrate on how we finish in the table. I don't want to start looking at MLS like every other NA sport-If we just make the playoffs and get on a good run we don't have to be good all season. There's a reason most of us watch other leagues than our own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, even if we qualify for the playoffs, we'd be hard pressed to be anything but an underdog. I'd rather have a longer term competitive team. But that doesn't change my desire to see the team win and do well in the short term. Some of the losses and draws this year have left me feeling that my heart has been torn out - games that should have had better results. But I'll always be there supporting the boys!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Sorry, I shouldnt have helpfully corrected him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I shouldnt have helpfully corrected him?
    If he was hard to understand, which he wasn't. Sometimes, being a pretentious wanker is being a pretentious wanker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If he was hard to understand, which he wasn't. Sometimes, being a pretentious wanker is being a pretentious wanker.
    Welcome to his ignore list, haha.

- Scott