Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Guyana NT player training with TFC

It's not exactly huge news because it was speculated widely that TFC was interested in bringing him to camp but this article from a Guyana newspaper confirms that Gregory Richardson will be training with TFC next week in Flo-rida.

http://www.kaieteurnews.com/2009/02/...victor-wright/

Richardson's the guy who scored a bunch of goals against NERevs while playing for Joe Public last year.

Here is a bio I could find about him

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1
    Last edited by denime; 02-01-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice one!
    Cant hurt, i think we've prob got enough strikers by this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be promising, yet another instance of Mo looking for non-British, non-playing in the UK, non-old players. Tough to say anything about the trial though, there's very little information out there on the guy. But, trials cost nothing so it's a good move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah basically its all hearsay from when he played against the revs in the CL, i guess he scored something stupid like 4 goals and two teams put discovery claims on him which have since lapsed. Also i dont think he did too amazing for the rest of his season at joe public. dont know what he was like previous to that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Here is a bio I could find about him

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

hmmmm he looks like an old white guy from the '50s and he's got not stats!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, he's got a strike rate of 0% according to his stats... therefore, we can get him cheaper than Vitti... SIGN HIM NOW, MO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, he's never played a game in the past 8 years either!

somebody tell those people to update their website....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just checked the TT league official site and Daniel and Richardson scored three goals each in 2008. They don't keep any other stats on that website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he signs, Ageroo's head is going to explode trying to decide who to put on the back of his jersey.

We need all the scoring help we can get against NE...
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    yeah basically its all hearsay from when he played against the revs in the CL, i guess he scored something stupid like 4 goals and two teams put discovery claims on him which have since lapsed. Also i dont think he did too amazing for the rest of his season at joe public. dont know what he was like previous to that
    Saw him in the CL matches against Montreal. He was certainly the most skilled player for Joe Public. He's a flashy player with a lot of deft moves... makes me think of how RR would be if he were a striker. He's not strong defensively, but could cause trouble for other teams up front.

He had trouble with Montreal's stingy defense, however, as has been noted numerous times, most MLS teams are weak in D.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Saw him in the CL matches against Montreal. He was certainly the most skilled player for Joe Public. He's a flashy player with a lot of deft moves... makes me think of how RR would be if he were a striker. He's not strong defensively, but could cause trouble for other teams up front.

He had trouble with Montreal's stingy defense, however, as has been noted numerous times, most MLS teams are weak in D.
    Wow this kid must be a great striker if you're one complaint is this striker's Defensive abilities.
    And just curious, is Montreal's D that good really? I mean Braz is a starter

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Wow this kid must be a great striker if you're one complaint is this striker's Defensive abilities.
    His defensive abilities is his weakest point. He looks decent, but wouldn't be a starter in the EPL ever.

Montreal's D is very good, not because of the players (mostly standard USL-1 issue), but due to great organization (I'm sure their annual training in Italy helps in this regard). Montreal is one of the most boring teams to watch, but they give up very few goals. That's mainly what has propelled them this far in the CCL.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn we should train in Italy FFS why doesn't Carver think of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, seeing this again, I forgot how good those goals were. He could be quite the signing indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNNyrwRW5g

Scored 1st, 2nd and 4th goal. Assisted on the 3rd. What a performance indeed. Hope it wasn't the only highlight of his career though, but he clearly looks like a guy who can play the game.
    Last edited by Super; 02-03-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone has been hating on Braz since he was let go, personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players and when he had to step into a starters role he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

TFC supporters low point: ruthlessly booing, taunting and ridiculing a legitimately injured Adam Braz on his return to Toronto. Embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    nice one!
    Cant hurt, i think we've prob got enough strikers by this point
    What? the only striker we've added since last season is White who will be out most of the season. Are you assuming Ibbe is ready to go and Danny will be healthy all season? That's bold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro118 View Post
    he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

TFC supporters low point: ruthlessly booing, taunting and ridiculing a legitimately injured Adam Braz on his return to Toronto. Embarrassing.
    I don't remember any "really good games" that he had.

He had way more than a couple glaring errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone has been hating on Braz since he was let go, personally I thought he was one of our hardest working depth players and when he had to step into a starters role he had a couple of really good games.... unfortunately also a couple glaring errors which are all anyone remembers.

Agreed. Happened at one of the few games I managed to get tickets to and I was pretty embarassed myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

As you say in the later post Montreal is one of the better defensive teams in North America, despite its tallent. I agree with you not being to score with ease with them, is certainly no indication of his ability to score in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so is he just training with us (similar to beckham with arsenal last year)? or is he actually looking for a spot on the roster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deschamp86 View Post
    Agreed. Happened at one of the few games I managed to get tickets to and I was pretty embarassed myself.
    Braz, was not a good player in our system ( or should I say lack of system) he was caught up field to often, and made to many poor passes to the attacking players. In a well organized Montreal side he is solid.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn we should train in Italy FFS why doesn't Carver think of that
    That's a good idea actually.
    No MLS sides do that, but we could be the first.
    Maybe DD has some good contacts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? the only striker we've added since last season is White who will be out most of the season. Are you assuming Ibbe is ready to go and Danny will be healthy all season? That's bold.

not really that bold my friend, id argue its bolder of you to suggest that Braz had/has any talent.

We've got Barrett starting, Dichio prob starting more often then not, Ibby although hes not full developed can start if we want, Obrien White who is injured until April or May but even then cant jump into first team, So thats two, but if all are healthy thats 4.

Then we potentially have Hall and Vitti potentially signing, that would be 6 as well as Richardson trialing for the team which is 7.

At very least we have 2 with Barrett and Ibby. We can easily play a 4-5-1 with the players we have.

Im simply saying we have ALOT of strikers on our plate right now, its not a said and done deal and its not a bad thing.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that in all likelihood we see Ibbe in ten games maximum. If he plays more we lose a draft pick to Dallas - either round 2 or round 1, can't remember which right now - which is pretty significant.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a side note, it looks like "Ibbe" may just be his nickname, as opposed to his first name as the team had stated last year. On TFC TV and the website his name is now "Fuad." If that was old news, then disregard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if Vitti comes on board, we have more than enough strikers. Especially when you consider our fully stocked midfield, which could cause Carver to go with a single striker up front.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious to see if Vitti or Barrett gets first pick, i cant imagine that Vitti will want to come play here and play second fiddle as he seems to have done every where else recently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we keep talking about Vitti?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because his name is being dropped in basically every article.
    yes i know we should wait until we see him in a jersey but why not jump the gun and live a little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FOGES View Post
    so is he just training with us (similar to beckham with arsenal last year)? or is he actually looking for a spot on the roster?
    the article clearly states that Richardson is looking to be the first Guyanese NT player to make it to the MLS.

This is a legit trial.