View Poll Results: $1 donation from TFC fans to pay for the dumbass fine Carver will get?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

92 75.41%
  • No

30 24.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    I'll go one further - I'll donate a buck for every game the rest of the way so he can keep doing what he's doing.

He can go Allen Iverson on them - when Iverson got a fine for not wearing a tie on a flight, violating a team rule, he pulled out his chequebook and said "okay, let me know what the rest of the year is going to cost me". Let 'em have it J.C.!
    lol good story.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what did Carver do to get the fine? anyone? anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I reading this right? "the league distributed a DVD to officials of him (Carver) on the sideline last week".

Was Carver the only coach on this DVD? Is this common? I didn't even know that our very own John Carver was such a problem child that he deserved his own DVD. If anything, the bloody league should be happy that he's taking the 'golden child' of a team up to the next level in his first year... first few games! draws crowds, raises excitement... blah blah blah....

I can understand not disrespecting officials and behaving yerself on the sidelines as a 'good example' for the kiddies but if refs cross the line, they too should have their very own DVD sent around to all the coaches.

... please ignore this rant if i've missed something somewhere but that is how i'm reading it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am down with this.

Friggin MLS...pisses me off.

WE GOT YOUR BACK CARVER!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    How about this:

Carver doesn't need our money, he already has plenty. Instead we match the fine and give it to a charity. My choice:

Something for the vision impared. Make it clear what we're donating it for when we do it.
    how about this is a supporters group, not a charitable association... really RPB should be about TFC and enhancing the experience at BMO, not building up a reputation as a charitable body to give some self gratification to donators...

If we raise $1,000 put it to good use by making banners that would support Carver and what he says...

No, I'm not anti-charity, I just think money raised from a supporter group should go towards the supporter group in funding road trips, tifos, etc...
    Last edited by egoodwin; 05-18-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides...if you REALLY want to give to charity, go ahead! I give to charities all the time. It has nothing to do with my support of TFC.

My wish is to show Carver we support him and we think the MLS are acting like douchebags. However we do that...I am happy with.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be down for this. Show Carver we're 100% behind him.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having infinitely more loyalty to my team and it's coach than to this league, I've got no problems shelling out a fiver to help pay for any future fine levied on Carver.

As I mentioned in another thread, maybe by helping subsidise his fines, it will encouarge him more to point out the terrible refereeing and player shinenigans that go on in MLS.

Would love to see him go after the Galaxy and the special treatment they get from Garber and Co.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he keeps going they could suspend him like they did Kreis

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you all serious?!?!
    Let the team pay for Carver's fine.
    I back Carver and the team 100% but offering to pay his fine is crazy. If your all gung ho about donating to charity then fine lets choose one, but it should be a seperate issue from the fine. I'm sure there are other ways to show support for carver and, IMO our money is better spent on tifo's

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    what was he fined for?
    Keeping it too fucking real.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle P...they are just trying to figure out a way to show Carver support. It's one idea. If you have a better one...put it forward. It's not about the team's or Carver's ability to pay the fine. Obviously they can. This is about figuring out a way to send Carver a message the supporters support him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies, i didnt want it to sound like i was shiting on the idea.....I just think the money would be better spent elsewhere. In terms of ideas, i'm sure a song or chant would show the proper support

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle p View Post
    Apologies, In terms of ideas, i'm sure a song or chant would show the proper support
    We can't chant as a group, remember??

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

We're fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless Garber is in the stadium a chant won't mean anything.

now, if garber shows up to the All-star game I could see something being in order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    How about this:

Carver doesn't need our money, he already has plenty. Instead we match the fine and give it to a charity. My choice:

Something for the vision impared. Make it clear what we're donating it for when we do it.
    There's the winning idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah someone called my friend an MLS ref this weekend and a fight broke out, He's not even visually impaired. lol

Also I think this is good on many levels as we're showing our support for carver AND donating to charity, b/c some people need a reason and this is a damn good one, we'll match carver's fines for the year and donate it.

Finally, I'm actually shocked a rinky-dink league like MLS can afford to make DVDs like that. Are you sure they didn't mean Betamax?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We can't chant as a group, remember??
    HA HA, good point.....maybe we can get multiple chants going in multiple sections (jokes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are u guys fukin serious??? lett him deal with the fine and we will make a chant or banner or both for him..... what are we the Red Cross Boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a.ungaro View Post
    are u guys fukin serious??? lett him deal with the fine and we will make a chant or banner or both for him..... what are we the Red Cross Boys
    lol, I have to agree...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a.ungaro View Post
    *sigh*...again...it's not about the money. Some here were just trying to come up with ideas to "show" him that he has our support. Even if the fine was $50, the point still stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of matching it and donating it to charity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roogsy..... thats why i said make a chant or banner..... we are a supporter group lets support him the best way we know how.... lets get creative and do this right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Carver and MLSE can't afford to pay the fine?
    I love Carver and hope he keeps doing what hes doing but $1000 could be better spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sign me up

it's symbolic, and sends a message to the league.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...there are many ways of supporting. All I am saying is some people want to do A some people want to do B. If you don't want to do A, then do B...or even come up with a C. But it doesnt make A any less valid.

Besides...I think this idea was just talk anyways...I don't think we are actually going to do it. But it does put us in the right frame of mind.

And for those of us short on time...sometimes putting $2 forward is a lot easier for those that have difficult times putting aside 2 or 3 hours to help with a Tifo. I mean...how many people actually show up when the call goes out for Tifo help? I have to admit, I haven't shown up...yet.

Anyways...I liked the idea, even if it meant matching it for charity and telling Carver about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the idea of us giving it to charity, I am sure John would appreciate it, I really like the style John brings to the field and would not want it any other way. Love what he said this weekend about maybe the MLS is not the right place for him because they want they want him to sit on the bench with his arms crossed and to be nice. That is just not the way he coaches, so lets all show our support.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I agree...there are many ways of supporting. All I am saying is some people want to do A some people want to do B. If you don't want to do A, then do B...or even come up with a C. But it doesnt make A any less valid.
    QFT.

And I'm in. A whole buck shouldn't break anyone's bank and I think we could get 1000 supporters to donate.
    It shows support for Carver and does some good for charity, so why are we arguing?
    Support Local Football.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the $1000.00 could go towards supporting the club Carver manages. I believe the greatest retribution for the fine levied would be the supporters urging the club towards success. Not every fundraiser has to be for charity, some can actually go towards supporting TFC and helping fellow RPB's with Road Trips, Banners, Tifo's, Chant Coordination, etc etc etc... When these elements are as best as can be, then the remaining funds could go to a RPB sanctioned charity.