RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Saturday, Aug.23

Important match day info
    CNE currently taking place

Supporters are reminded that the Canadian National Exhibition is currently taking place on the Exhibition Grounds outside BMO Field. If you are coming to the game against New England Revolution on Saturday, here is some information you may find useful: There is no parking available at the stadium on Saturday. It is best to take public transit (TTC or Go Transit), but if you have to drive, there is limited parking available in the areas surrounding the Exhibition Grounds.
    Your ticket to game is also a pass to the CNE, so you can come down to the grounds early and enjoy the EX before kick off!
    If you have to pick up tickets at Will Call, you'll have to purchase a voucher for $14 to get into the EX (but you must say you are going to the soccer game when you purchase the voucher). Once you pick up or purchase tickets at the Ticket Office you'll get your money back for the voucher.

Smith hopes for home debut
    Winger happy to be in Toronto

Toronto FC winger Johann Smith is hoping to make his home debut against New England Revolution at BMO Field on Saturday night (kick off 7:30 p.m. live on Rogers Sportsnet). Smith made his debut as a substitute in the defeat at New York Red Bulls last week. The 21 year old joined Toronto FC after spending the bulk of his time with Bolton Wanderers Academy in England. He made his Wanderers debut in Bolton's Carling Cup defeat at Charlton Athletic in October of 2006 when he came on as a second half substitute.
    Smith has enjoyed his first week in Toronto. "It's a good place and I really like the City. I'm really happy I came here because I think it's the right place for me. There are British staff here so I feel at home because I was playing in England for three years. The manager is a good guy and I feel comfortable here."

Read more

Edu thanks Toronto FC fans

Midfielder Maurice Edu was granted his British work permit on Friday, clearing the way for him to play for the Scottish Premier League club Rangers.
    Edu, 22, signed a five-year deal with the Glasgow club last week. Toronto FC and Major League Soccer will receive $5 million US as a result of the transfer.
    "I'm excited about this new chapter in my career," Edu said Friday. "I will miss Toronto, and the team's amazing supporters and fans. Toronto FC will always have special meaning for me because it's the club that gave me my professional start."

Read more

TFC still searching for win against Revolution

LARRY MILLSON

TORONTO — Toronto FC head coach John Carver feels the timing could not be better for his team to finally earn its first Major League Soccer victory against the New England Revolution.
    Carver was not in the league last season, but he remembers the 2-1 loss to the Revolution on June 28 at Gillette Stadium and remembers a good second half from his side after some adjustments and the victory-saving stop on Jarrod Smith by New England goalkeeper Matt Reis.
    The loss put Toronto at three losses and one tie from four games against the Revolution since the club began playing last year. The tie was in Toronto's final game of last season, when Danny Dichio tied the score with a last-second goal as the BMO Field fans erupted.
    The teams go at it again tonight at BMO Field, and the Revolution come in after a 2-1 victory over D.C. United at home on Wednesday that put them back into first place in the Eastern Conference. New England has had a tough schedule lately, including last Saturday's loss 4-0 to the San Jose Earthquakes on the West Coast.

Read more

TFC's coach has to cope with ever-changing roster
    Starting lineup tonight vs. Revolution could have three players who didn't start last week

MORGAN CAMPBELL

For Toronto FC head coach John Carver it almost feels like the pre-season again, and not because his club has again dropped near the bottom of the East Division standings.
    For him it's about the revolving door.
    Given all the players who have either left, joined or returned to the club over the last 10 days, Carver once again has to figure out how to get an ever-changing cast to perform cohesively on the field.
    And he's got to do it with just 10 regular-season games remaining, beginning with tonight's match against the league-leading New England Revolution.
    "In an ideal world, you don't like working that way, but this is not an ideal world," Carver said after yesterday's practice.
    With defender Marvell Wynne recovered from his post-Olympic jet lag, midfielder Amado Guevara back from suspension, and winger-forward Johann Smith replacing the departed Laurent Robert, TFC's starting lineup might feature three players who didn't start last week against New York.
    And that's not even including newly acquired striker Carlos Ruiz, who was still travelling to Toronto from Guatemala and didn't practise with TFC yesterday.

Read more

TFC a piecemeal project
    By FRANK ZICARELLI, SUN MEDIA

It's almost fitting that Toronto FC should meet the New England Revolution tonight, given the revolving door that has been the Reds roster this past week.
    The dizzying events have left head coach John Carver uncertain as to who will line up where for tonight's kickoff at BMO Field, who will be coming off the bench and which of the walking wounded will be capable of answering the bell.
    Players have been released, trades have been completed and a high-profile transfer finalized at a time when Carver has been trying to piece together a lineup that has scored but one goal in its past three outings.
    In many ways, with only 10 games remaining on its Major League Soccer schedule, Carver is starting from scratch.
    "In an ideal world, you don't like working that way,'' Carver said yesterday following the team's workout. "But this is not an ideal world. You have to adjust and get on with it. It's a test of your management skills and how you deal with certain situations."

Recently acquired goal scorer Carlos Ruiz may make his TFC debut after representing his native Guatemala in a World Cup qualifier against the U.S. on Wednesday.
    Carver plans to sit down with Ruiz this morning and figure out if the former L.A. Galaxy forward is fit to play.

Read more

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin' Denime. It's Game Day!
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Denime. News & coffee. Perfect way to start match day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Thanks Denime. News & coffee. Perfect way to start match day!
    You do this too?

I thought I had invented that. Go figure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denime, gracias amigo

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Morning !
    News & Coffee on the game day?
    It must be a Saturday,let's get 3 points tonight to keep our playoff race going.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how optimistic I am every game day, especially when there has been a few TFC changes. TFC could hire a new water boy, and I'll be thinking that's the magic ingredient we needed.

Can't wait to hopefully see Mr. Smith, Ruiz, DD, Geuvara back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck in Scotland, Edu!

...but way more importantly: let's pull an upset against the top team in the league today! It would be glorious!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tks denime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    It's amazing how optimistic I am every game day,
    I'm always optimistic before games.. I mean, the game hasn't been played yet!
    to go into games pessimistic seems like an awful way to live a life!
    pessimism is fine after they lose or whatever, but before games the slate is clean and anything can happen in this crazy league.

i think some people act pessimistic before games because it's easier psychologically. if TFC does lose, they won't feel emotionally gutted, cuz they prepared themselves. if TFC wins, it's a nice surprise. but I prefer to go into each game pumped and excited.