Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking My video from the Can-Jam game

Yes... I know it's not Toronto FC per say....

but the march was EPIC, the giant banner was EPIC,
    the sunset was EPIC and the Food Building is well.... an EPIC artery clog.

just watch it.
    It's 10 minutes that you're not working, so enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSQT1GAZf8

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video. Just one question that was bothering me at the game (which you can see at the beginning of the video). You know the "Hey Toronto! Lo lo lo lo lo (or oooeeoooeeoooeooo, whichever) chant that we adapted for Canada? Why were people still singing "lo lo lo lo lo". That doesn't rhyme with Canada. "La la la la la la la" works perfectly. Lo, Toronto, La, Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

missed the march cause my bill wasn't settled at Shoeless on time

Looked like fun

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always great Vid Parkdale!!
    :scarf:TFC #1
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea
    Away Trips: Columbus 08, DC 08,New England 09,Seattle 09, New York 09,New England 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmmmmmmmm dead pig

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Great video. Just one question that was bothering me at the game (which you can see at the beginning of the video). You know the "Hey Toronto! Lo lo lo lo lo (or oooeeoooeeoooeooo, whichever) chant that we adapted for Canada? Why were people still singing "lo lo lo lo lo". That doesn't rhyme with Canada. "La la la la la la la" works perfectly. Lo, Toronto, La, Canada.

how about the people who just walk? Sometimes you have to admit Barbarez is right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
    how about the people who just walk? Sometimes you have to admit Barbarez is right
    What? Barbaraz? Right? NEVER!

blackandwhite

the bar is set sooooo low that even people just showing up to a game or a "march"
    is considered an accomplishment.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the bar is set sooooo low that even people just showing up to a game or a "march"

okay then. Next time I'll do the march while walking on my hands, with my feet on fire. Then I'll jump into a tank of alligators (painted red) and fly my hovercraft through a ring of fire.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta crawl before you walk, Wednesday was a huge accomplishment for Canadian football fans

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice song at the end Parky!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typical response.. you keep crawling..people who don't see each other every weekend will run pass you.
    We're all crawling, that should be obvious right now. You keep trying to do intricate things in a group that can't do basic things yet. I commend the attitude but it'll only leave disappointment. However if you help teach those who don't know then they will learn. But before you teach someone Beethoven, you must teach them what keys are what notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, the thing i have learned most from my year and a half of being apart of this forum is that no matter what happens, people will continually find something to bitch about. it makes me wonder if this is a supporters groups of mostly adults or a private school for rich spoiled children.

i am truly sick of this place and what it represents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    We're all crawling, that should be obvious right now. You keep trying to do intricate things in a group that can't do basic things yet. I commend the attitude but it'll only leave disappointment. However if you help teach those who don't know then they will learn. But before you teach someone Beethoven, you must teach them what keys are what notes.
    The group can't do basic things yet because people are afraid to take that jump. Asking people to join in with the march is fine, but why not push people to actually join in with more than walking? Imagine 20% more people had joined in clapping and singing, how much more EPIC it would have been.

You don't strive for success by accepting mediocrity.

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    you know, the thing i have learned most from my year and a half of being apart of this forum is that no matter what happens, people will continually find something to bitch about. it makes me wonder if this is a supporters groups of mostly adults or a private school for rich spoiled children.

If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards.. I am talking about people who are in the same groups and see each other at the same stadium or pubs almost every week...We should be able to walk/march in an organized manner better than this...We have over 1000 people in that march..we could have been louder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, it's a message board. Chill the fuck out.

Second off, message boards are used to voice opinions, positive or negative. Nobody will agree with everything, that's life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can't handle criticism don't read the boards.. I am talking about people who are in the same groups and see each other at the same stadium or pubs almost every week...We should be able to walk/march in an organized manner better than this...We have over 1000 people in that march..we could have been louder.
    It was louder at other points last year for TFC games with less than 1/3 the amount of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy to criticize when you're not there...

blackandwhite

another thing... people were in a rush to get to the stadium.

You walk BEHIND the banners...you don't run to pass them!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    The group can't do basic things yet because people are afraid to take that jump. Asking people to join in with the march is fine, but why not push people to actually join in with more than walking? Imagine 20% more people had joined in clapping and singing, how much more EPIC it would have been.

You don't strive for success by accepting mediocrity.
    I agree we need to strive to be better but it's being done poorly IMO. We aren't allowing the new people any comfort zone. We're telling them to "be good now"! and it's intimidating and won't work. Deniz said in the post after your that he's talking to people to people who see each other and are on the board but I largely disagree with this. I don't think many of those people are the ones not clapping/singing. It's the others who only occasionally check these things or hear about them through friends/colleagues. The people who have been doing this for a while have to take one step back before they can take two steps forward. Agreed we can't settle, but we can't expect miracles, and that's what's happening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, i'm tired of the needless bitching. i noticed that you challennging somebody to a fight in the stands dissapeared quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whose ass is that in the white pants at 2:45 into it?

blackandwhite

no, i'm tired of the needless bitching. i noticed that you challennging somebody to a fight in the stands dissapeared quickly.
    when did i say I wanted to "fight"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The march wasn't perfect - for one I still don't understand why the V's decided to leave the Rhino at 6:15 - we were supposed to leave at 6:30 sharp - as per Rudi.

The march between Rhino and The Gate was way to spread out as a result but getting to the gate early turned out to be okay since we stopped at the corner singing and chanting. That was the best & loudest part of the march imo - the corner of King & Dufferin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have liked to be right at the front...but of course shoeless had a shitload of people...and it took forever to get my bill...I even did it early so I would get the march as it came by....it came a bit early and was caught off guard.....I was closer to back and middle...and the singing wasn't the greatest...but effort was there.....but it is getting better...

BUT I think if you were there because you wanted to be part of the march...you have to put the effort into it....just coming out to walk along and to say you were there IS NOT ENOUGH!

of course...just my opinion....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I agree we need to strive to be better but it's being done poorly IMO. We aren't allowing the new people any comfort zone. We're telling them to "be good now"! and it's intimidating and won't work. Deniz said in the post after your that he's talking to people to people who see each other and are on the board but I largely disagree with this. I don't think many of those people are the ones not clapping/singing. It's the others who only occasionally check these things or hear about them through friends/colleagues. The people who have been doing this for a while have to take one step back before they can take two steps forward. Agreed we can't settle, but we can't expect miracles, and that's what's happening
    He said he's talking about the regulars not to them. The people that are on the boards should and do know what the deal is. Yet, for some reason they still don't join in. They walk along, laughing, talking, enjoying the march but rarely join in on the songs and clapping.

We're not expecting miracles, if you can't learn a simple lesson in 2 years how do you expect to progress?

Who's challenging someone to a fight in the stands?

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post

BUT I think if you were there because you wanted to be part of the march...you have to put the effort into it....just coming out to walk along and to say you were there IS NOT ENOUGH!

I could have said it this way too.. i just choose not to offend people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    That was the best & loudest part of the march imo - the corner of King & Dufferin.
    Agreed, maybe it's just the RPB's that accept mediocrity then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post

Ok, maybe not all of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have said it this way too.. i just choose not to offend people
    You could have said it that way, but certain people would have taken offense to it because you said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Agreed, maybe it's just the RPB's that accept mediocrity then?

Maybe we can't walk and chant at the same time!