Marshall is my MoM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Marshall is my MoM.
    Defenders often get overlooked. Marshall played a great game, had 1 or two slip ups but a great last man clearance on the shot in the first half that beat Sutton. Well Done Tyrone.

I love with our defenders they have to start as villains before they become heroes. Both Marshall and Valez had rough starts now they are loved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Robert was lazy yesterday?? huh???

I guess you missed the long runs he made, the great dekes, the moves past ballwatching Columbus players, nearly scoring a goal and nearly assisting on another.

Anyone who thinks robert played bad, Im convinced you didnt even see the game. Im a committed student of the game, and from what I saw his performance was easily the best on the field that day. Its just a shame for that post, or that nobody could get on the end of one of those "gimmes" he put into the box. They were tap-ins. Robert is the best player on our team hands down. I think you all need to get off his back.

Dont forget there are ties in football, it happens, our defence is solid.. our midfield can both move the ball, and two maybe 3 of those mids can even attack with it. We all know the problem is the finishing touch up front, so get off the midfields backs, without them we would be losing every game....whend did this unbeaten streak start, oh yah when guevara and robert started playing...coincidence, i think not. and ricketts well he just adds to it, he has definitely proven to be overated so far, I hope he proves me wrong. But we're better off with him than without.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkus_420 View Post
    Anyone who thinks robert played bad, Im convinced you didnt even see the game. Im a committed student of the game, and from what I saw his performance was easily the best on the field that day. Its just a shame for that post, or that nobody could get on the end of one of those "gimmes" he put into the box. They were tap-ins. Robert is the best player on our team hands down. I think you all need to get off his back.

Dont forget there are ties in football, it happens, our defence is solid.. our midfield can both move the ball, and two maybe 3 of those mids can even attack with it. We all know the problem is the finishing touch up front, so get off the midfields backs, without them we would be losing every game....whend did this unbeaten streak start, oh yah when guevara and robert started playing...coincidence, i think not. and ricketts well he just adds to it, he has definitely proven to be overated so far, I hope he proves me wrong. But we're better off with him than without.
    QFT!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that robert had a great game for 3/4 of the match, and with a bit of luck he would have won the game for us. when he cut inside before hitting the post, that was a great play. he looked like he had lost the ball before cutting inside, then looked like he was trying to beat one man too many, but he beat him, then it looked like he had pushed the ball too far in front of him and the defender was gonna get it but he still managed to get a fantastic shot away before that happened. however, after that his influence seemed to die down. he is not helped by the fact that he has absolutely no right foot, which is a shame as there have been several occassions in the past few games when he was in a position where he could only use his right foot, but because he can't the play died.

one player who has really impressed me this season is wynne. the guy is unbeatable on the right, and i would go so far as to say he is a poor mans cafu. a tremendous attacking option, he must be one of the fastest players in the league, and even when he gets caught out of position his speed and strength usually are enough for him to recover and eliminate any danger. one thing which disappointed me was a few times in the first half, when he did cut into their box he crossed the ball low on the ground. i would have liked to have seen him cross in a bit earlier to dichio to attack the ball, but instead the low crosses were easily dealt with by the defenders.

which leads me to dichio. i am not a dichio fan by any means, and i have to laugh at the fact that the dichio nut huggers always seem to resort to insults to back up their 'points'. usually something along the lines of 'what are you watching, you don't understand the game, stop drinking' etc etc. basically offering up excuses for the fact that their hero is not as effective as they would like. having said that, i thought that the first 20 mins yesterday he was tremendous. he fought to win balls, and had some nice layoffs, and even showed a surprising turn of speed on a couple of occassions. however as the game wore on he didn't do much. he poses little to no threat as a goalscorer right now, which hurts the team as in a 4-5-1 formation it usually falls to the 1 to score goals. so you can label him a striker or a centre forward, bottom line is he should be scoring goals. with 5 midfielders it should not be the place of the man up front to come back into the midfield to win balls. i have said it before and i will say it again, dichio cannot play as the lone front man. he will only be effective with a partner as some of you have alluded too. for those of you that insult dichio 'dis-likers' i can only assume you are all rangers fans and are used to the entire team coming back to win balls and posing no attacking threat. that is the only conclusion i can make based on your 'what are you watching/you know nothing about soccer' statements. what should be happening is the defence should play long ball to dichio who can knock it back to the midfield, who in turn can knock it down the wing, who can cross to dichio to score. he should not be coming back to win balls when there are already 5 men in the midfield to be doing this. i think we will struggle to turn these draws into wins unless we switch to 4-4-2, or even better sign a proper goal scorer.

bored at work essay is now over... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I'll buy you a beer!! if Dichio scores
    If he scores I'll get you a round in as well. cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This was in 112?

Tell them I'd switch my 118 tickets with them please. I'd give anything to sing in support of team with my brothers and sisters.

This is completely shocking.

Ya. What's even funnier is that I've never seen them in our section before....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always say that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that.

However, anyone that has played or coached a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 really understands the outstanding job that DD does. I just finished watching the game again...Danny was brilliant. I though he was fanatastic in the first 45. When he flagged in the first 10 of the second I thought okay bring on Cunny and he did exactly what he always does...fuck all!

Every time we got the ball he ran away...we're play 5 in the midfield and where's Jeff...50 yards away...

Do we need a striker...YES...and then who do you drop from the MF? Bye Rohan...your too busy looking at your feet...

When people on here say, "Yeah, but the strikers job is to score goals" I think don't these people understand DD isn't playing a striker in Carver's role?
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post

However, anyone that has played or coached a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 really understands the outstanding job that DD does. I just finished watching the game again...Danny was brilliant. I though he was fanatastic in the first 45. When he flagged in the first 10 of the second I thought okay bring on Cunny and he did exactly what he always does...fuck all!

Every time we got the ball he ran away...we're play 5 in the midfield and where's Jeff...50 yards away...

Do we need a striker...YES...and then who do you drop from the MF? Bye Rohan...your too busy looking at your feet...

When people on here say, "Yeah, but the strikers job is to score goals" I think don't these people understand DD isn't playing a striker in Carver's role?
    Only disagreement is that i don't think rohan needs to go quite yet .

I agree that we need a new striker though, and i agree that DD should stay b/c he does his job well, where cunny does... ... well nothing.

Some speed and flair up front would make robert and armando's play look sooooo much better. And having DD around would offer sommit different tactically when we get our DP striker (as a liverpool supporter i know the value of a tall front man with skill at his feet). I have no idea what cunny would offer.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    Only disagreement is that i don't think rohan needs to go quite yet .

I agree that we need a new striker though, and i agree that DD should stay b/c he does his job well, where cunny does... ... well nothing.

Some speed and flair up front would make robert and armando's play look sooooo much better. And having DD around would offer sommit different tactically when we get our DP striker (as a liverpool supporter i know the value of a tall front man with skill at his feet). I have no idea what cunny would offer.
    If not RR...who?
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not RR...who?
    EDU ?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, I think what people are saying about Danny is that although he does a fantastic job as a target man up front, because of his ability to hold up the ball and control the pace of play, he is not the type of player that we need up front. I appreciate what Danny does, I always have, but we simply cannot have Danny playing as a lone man up front. Guevara needs to have the option of playing through balls forward, and he simply cannot do that with Danny in front of him. If Danny were playing beside a small, quick striker, his skills would be better utilized; just like last season. This is not the case this season.

To allow us to play our 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 formation properly, we need a striker with pace, strength, and the ability to continually put the ball in the back of the net. Danny Dichio does not fit that description. No one is slagging Dichio, they are just pointing out the fact that he no longer fits our tactics, he's not a bad player, he's just not the right striker for this team anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not RR...who?
    no one yet... just cunny (for the right price)

without RR and robert (could he move into the centre and let armando move wide?) on the wings i really don't know what we'll offer offensively. would edu move out wide? i don't think that would be an improvement, although mo could do it.

I think the solution is to either have Armando push up further and edu play more centrally in-front of robbo. The other is get a striker with speed and strength, and use dichio off the bench to exploit tactical weaknesses.

As it is removing RR doesn't make sense to me b/c i don't see anyone on the bench who can fill that role, and i don't see anyone on the pitch who can do it either. Unless you move jimmy b up on the left, but can he do the job better? can his LB position be filled?

I know you've seen some problems w/ RR play like having his head down, and i agree he needs to look up, and his passing has not been up to snuff yet (although no one's was on saturday). But given a bit of time i think he'll get better. this is b/c i think our MF problems are the result of a system working itself out. Given time (and a striker other than cunny) i think we'll have a lot of options up front and RR is a part of that.

I guess the time argument is always the hardest to accept, especially w/ the way our league is set up, but look at lvp's transition to a rafa's defensive system... the adjustment sucked but they've got it
    Last edited by graeme117; 05-19-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what you are saying is, we are the only team in world football that doesn't have a player who's main purpose is to score goals??

the fact is, that is dichio's role, but he's not very good at it, so he does what he can do, which is come back into midfield and try and win the ball. we are playing 4-5-1. if the 1 (dichio)'s role isn't to score goals, then who's role is it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spot on

tfc88

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    QFT - Can you put that in 20 point bold font and make it a sticky thread? So many of the posts here and ignorant comments in the stands are made by people who can't grasp this simple fact.
    i agree, but at the same time, everyone knows eventually we'll have to change tactics (eventually meaning as soon as they find a solid goal scoring striker from some 2nd division team in europe).

i love dichio, but don't think he's gonna cut it in the long run.