Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    We're both essentially saying the same thing. Cash uses the term as a compliment and I whole heartedly agree.

He's annoyed with politicking, dishonest players, and unprofessional refs. He's beginning to realize just how low-rent this league is.
    Oh, by 'around here', you mean the league, not the forum. Understood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    Oh, by 'around here', you mean the league, not the forum. Understood.
    I do, and should have clarified.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    John Carver ran over to the corner and kissed the Tommy Burns you guys had hung up.

I thought that was going to by why you fucking loved him.

That article only makes him even better!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver rocks.

I fuckin love the man. He's done nothing but impress me since he got here.

And has anyone noticed? Despite his reputation of wanting to bring attractive football here...not only is the team able to string more than 2 passes together...but our defence is friggin rocking right now???

I am in heaven. The only thing left is to score a little more and we will be awesome. AWESOME!!!

JC for Prime Minister...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man is quality we've gone from mediocre to challenging the top teams in the MLS. I'm very excited to see where he will take our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he's a heck of a nice guy as well. Saw him at the TFC Academy game. When he walked in I was just staring at him all star struck. He looks at me, smiles and waves his hand like saying in a humble way, yes I'm Carver

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not an asshole, he has a backbone and calls a spade a spade.

Oh wait, that does make you an asshole around here...

Yes it does... Big time!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post

CB is going to be so stoked you captured this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    Diving asses like Schelotto and Ruiz are one of the reasons why footie won't be taken seriously by the American public. The MLS needs to do something about it now before it starts getting out of hand.

As for Carver going out on DVD, what did he do?
    i agree, but "diving" in MLS is nothing compared to how much it happens in south america and in europe. it's the part of the game that makes me embarrassed to be such a big fan.

i remember talking to a co-worker prior to the 2007 season and i mentioned i had toronto fc season tickets.
    "ah, soccer, nothing but a bunch of diving."
    to which i said, "well, north americans don't really dive like the south americans and europeans do."
    to which he said, "it's cuz they're not good enough yet."

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not an asshole, he has a backbone and calls a spade a spade.

Oh wait, that does make you an asshole around here...
    But, of course!

And I'm down with Nuvinho's idea of pooling together to pay towards a future fine. He's standing up against the crap refereeing and diving that's making this league a laughingstock. Maybe if he had some of the supporters covering his back (financially speaking), he'd speak out a bit more when it's warranted.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Could we ask for a better head coach?
    \

dull game? was this guy who wrote the article even watching? toronto took the game to the eastern leaders keeping them to 3 shots on goal with only one a real scoring chance...great save by marshall on the line.
    Mo found the right man to be manger of TFC and Carver is doing a bang up job

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone needs an asshole, otherwise we'd all be full of shite>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JC is TFC's messiah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One would have to have a heart of stone not be touched by Carver's incredible emotional gesture.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Has he seen it yet? He's the one guy I was hoping would get to see these shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    One would have to have a heart of stone not be touched by Carver's incredible emotional gesture.
    I was blown away when it happened. I can't beleive I was quick enough to get the camera up in time to capture the moment.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has he seen it yet? He's the one guy I was hoping would get to see these shots.

I was blown away when it happened. I can't beleive I was quick enough to get the camera up in time to capture the moment.
    Well, he was standing right there when it happened, but I doubt he's seen the pic yet as he rushed off to the cottage right after the game.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well, he was standing right there when it happened, but I doubt he's seen the pic yet as he rushed off to the cottage right after the game.
    I told him about it and texted him the pic... He's well aware!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He had a tear in his eye when Carver did that. (for real)
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    He had a tear in his eye when Carver did that. (for real)

Yea, he told me that on the phone... He called (text) me right after to let me know. He was quite stoked... I wish I was there to see that, it would have been right in front of me (as that's where I used to stand as you know). Top moment of the season to date from what I can gather... Quite Awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Carver's great, and funny, and all that, and I do recognize and love his passion....

but....

has he really never seen that before in his life? Ever?

I think he was a bit over the top there.

It was an above average but still essentially run-of-the-mill diving exhibition.

Going on like that, and showing up an opposing coach, can't help his rep with the league office.

MUFC_Niagara

We need a Carver chant....this mans tactics are the class of MLS. Our team looks organized and the players know exactly what they're role on the pitch is. That is down to the manager. Carver and Winsper have made all the difference this season. Our conditioning is top notch. The MLS can stick it in their ass. As for him leaving, I don't think he'd leave over this...he just needs to keep doing what he's doing. MLSE and Mo need to communicate on behalf of the coach to the league that these strong arm tactics from the 4th official are not acceptable!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the cottage now. I still can't believe what Carver did on Sat, I'm still gobsmacked about the whole thing. It was a surreal moment. I thought he was just coming over to give us a clap but as he got closer and closer, I knew why he was coming over and that's when emotions got the best of me.

Burns was an assistant in 97 following his Celtic manager role, so I am assuming that they would have known each other.
    Sorry, but Carver can do no wrong now in my eyes, instant legend.

This just goes to show the type of impact that Burns had on people and the type of person he was...respected by both sides of the OF and quite rightly.

I want the thank Bluenose for his gesture of bringing a Rangers top to place on the side of the banner (with the celtic one on the other side). It was a great sentiment from you and was much appreciated.

Normally I do my best to keep anything not related to TFC out of BMO, but sorry, I just had to to something small for TB on the weekend.

Can't believe Carver though........Legendary, Class act. And calling Sh!tletto a diver as well....good on ya Carver!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was sitting with my Dad when we saw it...as classy as Carver's gesture was...the banner itself was first rate...Old Firm well represented thanks to C_B with honorary mention to BN_13.

Thanks guys!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a picture of the Burns homage? I haven't really seen it...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Just got back from the cottage now. I still can't believe what Carver did on Sat, I'm still gobsmacked about the whole thing. It was a surreal moment. I thought he was just coming over to give us a clap but as he got closer and closer, I knew why he was coming over and that's when emotions got the best of me.

Burns was an assistant in 97 following his Celtic manager role, so I am assuming that they would have known each other.
    Sorry, but Carver can do no wrong now in my eyes, instant legend.

This just goes to show the type of impact that Burns had on people and the type of person he was...respected by both sides of the OF and quite rightly.

I want the thank Bluenose for his gesture of bringing a Rangers top to place on the side of the banner (with the celtic one on the other side). It was a great sentiment from you and was much appreciated.

Normally I do my best to keep anything not related to TFC out of BMO, but sorry, I just had to to something small for TB on the weekend.

Can't believe Carver though........Legendary, Class act. And calling Sh!tletto a diver as well....good on ya Carver!

Tip of the hat to Bluenose, classy all round. As for JC, he'll never walk alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he doesnt get on plane and fly home again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    i agree, but "diving" in MLS is nothing compared to how much it happens in south america and in europe. it's the part of the game that makes me embarrassed to be such a big fan.

i remember talking to a co-worker prior to the 2007 season and i mentioned i had toronto fc season tickets.
    "ah, soccer, nothing but a bunch of diving."
    to which i said, "well, north americans don't really dive like the south americans and europeans do."
    to which he said, "it's cuz they're not good enough yet."
    And that is why I don't watch South American games. I hate diving and dislike embellishment almost as much.

Towards the end of last season Samuel was starting to piss me off with his embellishing and am glad he is gone for that reason alone. He would hold his hands up and do a perfect forward breakfall from a little bump from behind. If I see any TFC players start doing this I hope Carver kicks their ass.

According to some posters in B.S. the USSF has told the MLS to cut down on the foul calls to bring about more flow to the game. I am praying that this does not bring more flopping to the league for those who want minor fouls to look a lot more serious. If I can find a link to this I will add it later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver's a pro; he knows exactly what he's doing, and this wasn't just an off the cuff rant. He knows we've got DC coming in and they're going to be playing with desperation; he wants the Refs to be aware that Gallardo, Moreno and Emilio may be flopping around like mackerel on a dock, and like any long time pro he knows refs are super concious of trying to be fair and balanced -- it's their main stressor.

So he's planting the seed that teams are going to flop against our dominant play at home -- and based on RSL, NY and Columbus, it ain't exactly inaccurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

carver stays...we will continue to get better, front office has been making some great decisions and the boys on the pitch are responding...we keep doing our job and they'll take care of the field work!! unbeaten in 5!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Class move in memory of a fine man.