Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I fucking love this guy : John Carver

Could we ask for a better head coach?

TORONTO (AP)—Toronto FC and Columbus tied 0-0 Sunday, keeping both teams’ unbeaten streaks alive in a dull game enlivened afterward by Toronto coach John Carver’s comments.

Carver singled out the Crew’s Guillermo Barros Schelotto, who spent the afternoon theatrically tumbling to the ground and complaining to the referee.

“I’ve not seen anything like it, to be honest,” Carver said. “I’ve never been involved with anything like that before.”

Columbus coach Sigi Schmid said he talked to his player at halftime and would have more words with him. But he chose not to engage Carver in a war of words. “I think he’s got to worry about his players and I’ll worry about my players,” Schmid said.

“Guillermo is a very competitive individual who plays with a lot of passion and fire, he felt he got fouled a couple of times and it didn’t get called,” he added. “He plays with that emotion but that’s also what makes him a good player.”

Adding to Carver’s ire, the 43-year-old rookie coach had been singled out in a DVD sent to game officials for his behavior at Toronto’s previous home game.

“Rightly so, possibly,” Carver said. “But today we saw a fellow professional, diving all over the park and is anything going to be done about that? I don’t know.”

The English coach was clearly upset at being featured in the DVD.

“I’m a very passionate guy and I love the game. And that’s the way I am. And apparently they don’t want that in the MLS. They don’t want passionate people. They don’t want people who care for the game and wear their heart on the sleeve.”

“They want me to sit down on the chair, in the dugout with my arms folded, my legs crossed and just be a nice little boy and get a suntan,” he continued. “Well, no. If that’s what they want to get, I’ll get on a plane and fly home again.”

Carver acknowledged his behavior last time out was “probably out of order.”

“But whether it merits a DVD going out to all the officials in the league, I’m not so sure.”

Toronto FC’s fans didn’t care for Schelotto’s act, either.

A drink was hurled in his direction after he toppled to the turf near the corner for no apparent reason late in the half and he was eventually given a yellow card for diving late in the game and was substituted to a chorus of boos in injury time.

Columbus (6-1-1) had a five-game winning streak ended. Laurent Robert nearly scored for Toronto in the 60th minute, drifting in from the right, beating two defenders and sending a left-footed shot past goalkeeper William Hesner and off the post.

Columbus hasn’t lost in six games while Toronto (3-2-2) is unbeaten in five.
    In the 77th, Robert sent in a short cross that substitute Jeff Cunningham couldn’t handle. Minutes later, Rohan Ricketts wasted an opportunity when his weak shot went straight at Hesmer.

Columbus’ best chance in the second half came in the 54th minute when Venezuelan striker Alejandro Moreno sent a shot wide.

Columbus didn’t get a shot off until the 22nd minute, but Greg Sutton easily caught it. In the 25th, Robbie Rogers turned a defender and put a shot on target while Sutton was out of position, but defender cleared it off the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree with Carver on this - that little prick wearing #7 today has officially taken over Landycakes as the BIGGEST cunt in MLS

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Carver. I like him because he's a big loud-mouthed asshole. He's a big loudmouth asshole who knows how to run a proper football team and brings intensity to our club. Fuck, he brings a level of intensity not seen before on the sidelines in this whole fucking league.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diving asses like Schelotto and Ruiz are one of the reasons why footie won't be taken seriously by the American public. The MLS needs to do something about it now before it starts getting out of hand.

As for Carver going out on DVD, what did he do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I like Carver. I like him because he's a big loud-mouthed asshole. He's a big loudmouth asshole who knows how to run a proper football team and brings intensity to our club. Fuck, he brings a level of intensity not seen before on the sidelines in this whole fucking league.
    I agree. I really like Carver as a coach. He really knows how to push his players to perform better. Hell, he even pushes us supporters to up our game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with everything but the asshole part....Carver has been great so far...class guy who clearly cares a great deal for this team and fans..
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike many people in the league, Carver has balls and brains. That Schelotto is a serious Landycakesque douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    Diving asses like Schelotto and Ruiz are one of the reasons why footie won't be taken seriously by the American public. The MLS needs to do something about it now before it starts getting out of hand.

As for Carver going out on DVD, what did he do?
    Yeah, its the biggest complaint I hear from non footy fans. I was glad to see the ref give him a yellow for it... now if they could just do it more often it might actually stop the diving.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    agree with everything but the asshole part....Carver has been great so far...class guy who clearly cares a great deal for this team and fans..
    I should have mentioned that I mean it as a term of endearment.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to go for a beer or 12 with Carver... If he says this shit in a press conference, what do you think he'd be like in a bar???

I like Carver a lot!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see someone with passion and someone who wears his heart on his sleeve.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant. Where can I buy the DVD...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Carver as well.

I'd love him if he could put a rocket under Ricketts & Robert. Ricketts is very overrated & Robert, while a talent, is a lazy prick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the fact that he speaks his mind. I’m less impressed with his threat to pack up and go back to England.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    I like Carver as well.

I'd love him if he could put a rocket under Ricketts & Robert. Ricketts is very overrated & Robert, while a talent, is a lazy prick
    You always speak true truths.. good to see
    I have heard stories about both Robert and Guv that when things are good its cool but once the times get tough , they grow vageens a bit

will see ..if we don't lose then no problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw those pricks. Carver is OUR coach. We aren't askin them to like him. We need a coach who will go nuts for this team, not some ballet teacher in Ohio. I would hope he wouldn't leave us unless they made him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just curious... what did JC do at the NYRB match? i hadn't heard anything?... surely JC can do no wrong

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John is a great guy, love what he brings to this team, he pulls no punches and says it as he sees it, met him at the TFC-A game on Fridaynight, class act. Was standing in front of what turned out to be the Red section and after some chants with a laugh said it is a little too loud for him as he made his way to the top of the stands, which is where you want to be anyways when scouting.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

London: "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." B. Shankly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a Fuckin-Boy! Carvs..Fuck that argentinian twat-diver! (and I like plenty an argentinian, just not that beaver-doucher)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Carver ran over to the corner and kissed the Tommy Burns you guys had hung up.

I thought that was going to by why you fucking loved him.

That article only makes him even better!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this article was posted...but in case it wasn't...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/...er_toronto_fc/

Anyways...we need to do something to show Carver he has OUR support if nothing else...but MLS is doing absolutely NOTHING about their friggin referees.

Buttfuck Schelotto should have had a yellow card in the first half...PERIOD. The fact that he didn't and played the whole game whinging, flopping, threatening, railing and in the face of referees is an embarrassment. And the fact that the MLS has made a point of singling out Carver is disrespectful to a man who has more credibility than most of MLS.

And it is a disrespect to US....the Toronto fans. And we should show that we are not going to accept it.

Would it not have been wiser and more discreet for a private meeting with Carver to simply ask him to tone it down a little IF they felt he was stepping over a line? Instead, they slap him in the face but let that ass on the yellow football team scream at the refs as if he was a pimp and they were his bitches. It's a disgrace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, for posting that Roogsy, it does not suprise me, that is the attitude that the MLS has shown to me, they have their own ideas about how things should be, and convinced themsleves that they are a great league. Fuck them we have to show our support for Carver. I love him as our coach and each week he shows me that he is the right choise for us, if the MLS drives him out, I will stop supporting this league as it will prove to me that they will always be second rate, and that there is no place for our kind of passion and love for the game in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANother comment I fucking hate this North American media they called it a "dull game" what the fuck was dull about that game. They realy know shit about Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Not sure if this article was posted...but in case it wasn't...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/...er_toronto_fc/

Anyways...we need to do something to show Carver he has OUR support if nothing else...but MLS is doing absolutely NOTHING about their friggin referees.
    Start a donation drive to pay the fine for Carver???

Everyone contribute $1. He needs a $1,000. Even if he doesn't accept it, it can be given to charity. This would definately make news, showing our support for our coach, and our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would vote for Caver for team MVP. He is very strong with tactics and I think with Mo moving up stairs, he can continue to make deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not an asshole, he has a backbone and calls a spade a spade.

Oh wait, that does make you an asshole around here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until the league reviews game tape and issues fines for diving AFTER the game, this will always be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on Cash, tell us how you really feel, no more of this beating around the bush.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    He's not an asshole, he has a backbone and calls a spade a spade.

Oh wait, that does make you an asshole around here...
    An asshole is not necessarily a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    An asshole is not necessarily a bad thing.
    We're both essentially saying the same thing. Cash uses the term as a compliment and I whole heartedly agree.

He's annoyed with politicking, dishonest players, and unprofessional refs. He's beginning to realize just how low-rent this league is.