Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a complaint Parkdale does not answer his questiosn fast enough. There shuold be a time frame in which we can expect answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- " I hate this job! "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I understand this thread is the product and result of continued foolishness by some users and members, I do have to say that its goal was somewhat off the mark.

Why?

Because its evident that no one can agree what is constructive debate and name calling.

Other than that it's fascinating and quite a read! Onward fellows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna complain about my Mo, he said he's down with grass... and when I call him.. he got none and i'm jonesin'... he should be fired...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Unless it offends the rules under which you established their membership it does. Private clubs are subject to the same rules regarding charter infringement in Canada as public forums, which is how they can so easily ban smoking due to the risk from second hand smoke, even at private clubs where the members all smoke.

So as long as you've okayed their participation and haven't changed -- and had them acquiesce to -- the rules, sorry bud, but you do have to respect people's charter rights.

Having said that, the definitions of what could constitute infractions could be pretty legally broad, and anyone inclined to take on a challenge -- while potentially legally enticing -- would find picking up the tab for such a court battle not worth the effort. And it would have to be civil, as the authorities would never pursue a private forum owner for a charter breach, unless the public fallout was substantial.

And as someone in the newspaper biz, I can tell you legally it's not the same thing at all. You don't have to sign up to have access to a newspaper, and there's is no implied "membership" or public responsiblity.
    The thing is, what is acceptable or not acceptable to be posted is at the discretion of the administration of the forum. I don't have to host your comments here if I don't want to. I pay money on a monthly basis for hosting. I pay money for this software. I allow you to post out of the goodness of my heart, not because of any god-given right you may have (note that I use "I" here out of convenience and as a representative of the forum ownership).

Bottom line is, if you post something out of line according to the forum management, expect censorship.

If you don't like it, expect your forum membership to be revoked.

This isn't a question of charter rights. The ability to post here is a privelege, not a right.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate construction. Fucking 427

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Ditto. Fucking Lakeshore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Hate F'in Streamers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entire QEW Hamilton is on construction. A good chunk of it was reduced to one f'ing lane.

Took us 1 1/2 hours to get home from Gardiner (not including the bloody traffic by the CNE)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, this issue is not about free speech as much as it is the group's right to permit a person to remain a member or participant. There is no right as far as I am aware that demands a person have perpetual or continual membership in a private group that no longer wishes to have them. Access to a forum, club or any other private venture is up to the discretion of those in control of said organization and if they insist you leave, either a cyber forum or a physical personal property...then you have no legal standing to demand to remain.

And with most private clubs and in the case of forums on the internet, that permission is usually withdrawn if the person violates a rule of the forum/club or if their views differ from the stated goals of the organization.

In the case of free speech, if a person is not inhibited of pursuing his rights to express his opinion, there is nothing to say any private club or organization is under any obligation to facilitate that for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When in the name of all that is Holy will they finish the construction on that bridge to the QEW? To get out of work in Brampton to go home to High Park I have to take Tomken and then go east on Bloor just because of that thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The thing is, what is acceptable or not acceptable to be posted is at the discretion of the administration of the forum. I don't have to host your comments here if I don't want to. I pay money on a monthly basis for hosting. I pay money for this software. I allow you to post out of the goodness of my heart, not because of any god-given right you may have (note that I use "I" here out of convenience and as a representative of the forum ownership).

Bottom line is, if you post something out of line according to the forum management, expect censorship.

If you don't like it, expect your forum membership to be revoked.

This isn't a question of charter rights. The ability to post here is a privelege, not a right.

Exactly. If these people want to express these opinions, there are plenty of other places to do so (blogs, other message boards). And if they're that worked up about "free speech", they can start their own board. Nobody is preventing them from speaking freely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I HATE SEEING KIDS IN FUTEBOL MATCHES. I HATE SEEING OBESE WOMEN AT MATCHES.

anything gos, im letting it all out...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Uh-oh... overweight little girls: watch out! He'll beat you with a stick!
    Support Local Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hate it with the hot burning passion of a thousand suns. Fucking 2 1/2 hour drive home last night. I must of slapped my face a hundred times trying to stay awake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    IT shouldn't. Being private guarantees you nothing under the charter with respect to restricting the speech of people whom you've allowed access to you "private business." This place, once they've accepted someone's membership, is as vulnerable to civil action as anyone; the hedge you have, in terms of banning people, is that you have codes of conduct they've already agreed to that might, in some respects, limit free speech but do so for the purpose of civil responsibility.

Maybe you should actually read the fine print of this forums user agreement (Which, if you are posting here, you've agreed to):

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Red Patch Boys Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Red Patch Boys Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Red Patch Boys Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate people who throw their cigarette butts all over the place.

Using a fucking garbage can you fucking lazy asses.

Do you not give a shit about anything or anyone?

Do you think that the half smoked butt you just squashed all over the sidewalk is just going to disintegrate?

Have some civic pride and stop littering.

Oh, and don't get me started on littering.....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post

Maybe you should actually read the fine print of this forums user agreement (Which, if you are posting here, you've agreed to):

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Red Patch Boys Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Red Patch Boys Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Red Patch Boys Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

---
    Thanks MM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, this complaints thread is mighty popular. maybe we should have a "happy comments" thread and see which gets the most views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsbyTown View Post

Do you think that the half smoked butt you just squashed all over the sidewalk is just going to disintegrate?

agreed. and loud, obnoxious people on streetcars who speak so loudly on their cellphones that everyone knows their social calendar by the end of the journey. can't people speak quietly these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrimsbyTown View Post

Throwing burning embers into a garbage can might not be the smartest thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    I'd like to complain about misplaced apostrophes.
    Know your possessives! Know your plurals! Know your contractions!
    Garrrrr!
    Thank you.

I would also like to point out that "would have" does not turn into "would of" but "would've". That particular mistake annoys me more than "their" and "they're".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hate when people do formations with people playing completely out of position. Are they even watching the games? Do they have a fundamental understanding of football positions? They do realize that Carver has barely switched from 4-4-2/4-5-1 formation right? And that when a player is played out of position its a result of necessity as opposed to the player has the actual capabilities to play their regularly. (IE Wynne as a winger)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

john "blame it on the refs" carver, shows lots of passion, but lacks class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to work on Sept 7th, therefor I can't go to the Canada/Honduras game on September 6th...

BITCH, MOAN, GROAN, GROWL, COMPLAIN...

I don't feel better...
    Beer me...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neuf View Post
    Throwing burning embers into a garbage can might not be the smartest thing to do.
    Yes. Any genius would understand that. BUT, that does NOT mean throw it out the window, or squash it on the sidewalk and leave it, or throw it onto someones lawn etc...

When you are done the smoke knock the "tobacco" if you can call it that out of the rest of the smoke and throw the butt in the garbage.

I smoked for 10 years and for the last few I never once threw a butt anywhere other than the garbage.

Where there's a will there's a way dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to carry a low empty bottle of water.

esp in some areas where they really frown upon littering cigarettes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHawk View Post
    I try to carry a low empty bottle of water.

esp in some areas where they really frown upon littering cigarettes
    That works great, although it gets a bit raunchy sometimes...
    A dark coloured bottle works best. And NEVER ever EVER make the mistake of getting your real water mixed up with the one with a butt or 2 floating around in the bottom.

If I was walking around, or going to the game, I'd carry a ziploc in one of my cargo pockets and keep them in there.

Its possible to do without reeking like an ashtray too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just throw the bottle out after a few times of usage or just empty it and fill it with water from a bathroom tap.

other than that, my sister has a butt stop which she uses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post

STOP! Grammar Time!

There are several very intelligent people who post on this board; hell, there are lots, but I see so many basic grammar and punctuation errors that a couple seconds' review would sort out. So... Let's get a few things straight.

Part 1 – That damned apostrophe.

Possessive

My favourite team; this jersey is mine.
    Your favourite team; this jersey is yours.
    His favourite team; this jersey is his.
    Her favourite team; this jersey is hers.
    Our favourite team; this jersey is ours.
    Their favourite team; this jersey is theirs.
    The team is in its prime.
    Jack’s drumming gets me jumping.
    Whose jersey is that? It's Roogsy's.
    The team’s performance is poor.
    Many MLS teams’ performances are poor.
    A couple seconds’ review would sort it out.

Contractions

It’s our favourite team. (It IS our favourite team.)
    He’s a good left winger. (He IS…)
    They’re playing well. (They ARE…)
    You’re not singing. (You ARE not..)
    The ball’s in the net. (The ball IS…)
    Mo’s been busy. (Mo HAS been…)
    Who's not jumping? (Who IS...)
    Let’s get a few things straight. (Let US get…)

Plural

TFC needs good defenders.
    Cats like cheeseburgers.
    There are too many complainers. There are lots.
    I downed six pints.
    Internets are serious business.

Etc.

Ha ha ha! I love Gobi!

Classic.