Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    This is an utterly stupid post. You claim you don't want TFC to win every game and the MLS Cup to boot, and then you set out a list of requirements for them to meet which basically amounts to exactly that.

If you want to watch world class football every week then buy a season ticket to Barcelona. This is Toronto FC, they are a new MLS side who play on a plastic pitch where most of the players have had less than a season together and the coach has had half a season in charge. That's not shielding the team by crying "expansion team, leave us alone", it's a simple fact. Most of our players are not good enough to play the kind of football you seem to want - if they were they'd all be playing in Europe. And you don't get crisp, slick passing with lethal creative build up from ANY side that hasn't had a few seasons together to hone their understanding, let alone our guys who have been cobbled together as recently as a few days ago. That takes time, even for top sides with top players under a top coach.

The fact is they do try hard, they all want to win and you can see from the devastation on their faces that losing away in the final minute when they've grafted their bollocks off to earn a draw despite injury problems is killing them.

So, instead of whinging like a glory seeking whore, why don't you try putting all that extra effort into your support of the team and see if you can help them turn it around.

Otherwise, I heard New England are pretty good - why don't you try supporting them when they turn up at BMO Field and see if they can give you what you want?

Actually I support TFC more than you do!

But I also realize that you admire and love shite footy! You need to realize that MLS is shite! and until TFC turn it around 180 degrees then you can clap and yell and chant and support and buy their merchandise gear and own season's tix! (all of which i have by the way!!!!) I'm done lying to myself in the mirror though!! The Quality is the worst i've seen the world over!! Its horrible, Thats why MLS has a ten year plan of improving Stadiums and Quality and Style of play!! Its not my plan, its MLS's plan!!
    Until then i'll go to the games and drink my face off and wish for 3 completed passes in a row!!! Don't you understand that SOUTH AMERICA, MEXICO, EUROPE, AFRICA all have better leagues then us!! Thats pretty much the REST of the fucking PLANET!! So you go on and enjoy your cheerleaders in Houston or your Gun blasting cannons in New England and your STUPID NFL lines in New York and your 8,000 person BASEBALL stadium in Kansas City and your 300 season's tix holders in Chivas and your 5000 people in Columbus(who are retards BTW) and shove it up your arse! Quality is laughable and i expect more is that such a crime, I love football more then my mother Football is life and the MLS better turn things around fast!! Maybe you get all star struck by Beckham but i don't because i have grown up watching him and i know what true football looks like!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Why quote his post - you didn't address a single issue... Just a longwinded personal attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put it this way - the BMO Field support is one of the few things that might really make a difference to the results right now. Now if we take that away, how much help do you really think that's going to be? And what kind of statement does that make about us as fans?

Sure, express your disenchantment to the club and the players, but don't do it during the game. Turn up, do what you can to help the situation, and then unfurl a big banner outside the exit for the players to see when they leave, post them blogs, write letters, do whatever you want OUTSIDE the game. But if you're not going to turn up and support the team on match days, then give your ticket to someone who will. Otherwsie, what's the point in having one?!
    why are you their mother?? Are they babies that need a bottle??

They are professional fucking footballers!! They need to SUCK it up and deal with the criticisim, are you gonna sheild them from bad comments all their life??? Maybe Mo Edu is gonna cry like a baby when Celtic fans boo him!!! or when Rangers fans get sick of his play in the mid and start booing him!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    But I also realize that you admire and love shite footy! You need to realize that MLS is shite! and until TFC turn it around 180 degrees then you can clap and yell and chant and support and buy their merchandise gear and own season's tix! (all of which i have by the way!!!!)
    I still don't get these kind of quotes. Anyone coming out to an MLS match expecting European/South American quality is delusional. MLS is better now than it was a few years ago and will be better in a few years still. To expect the quality to drastically improve in a very limited time simply because I want it to is unrealistic.

What are the options? Going back to watching "real" football on TV and come back in 10 to 15 years when the quality has improved. Or suffer through the growing pains with the league and the team? I know which option I prefer - feel free to choose your own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I still don't get these kind of quotes. Anyone coming out to an MLS match expecting European/South American quality is delusional. MLS is better now than it was a few years ago and will be better in a few years still. To expect the quality to drastically improve in a very limited time simply because I want it to is unrealistic.

What are the options? Going back to watching "real" football on TV and come back in 10 to 15 years when the quality has improved. Or suffer through the growing pains with the league and the team? I know which option I prefer - feel free to choose your own...

What and easy option to choose, since you put it like that!

Please understand a couple of points that i struggle with:

1) I have watched every world cup since the 1990
    2)watched every over the last 20 years
    3)watched every champions league over the last 15 years
    4)follow premiership religiously
    5)follow and keep up with other leagues like Serie A and La Liga
    6)Try to stay current with the English and Canadian National teams
    7)I am an insider in the politics of soccer in Canada

So when i really want our beloved reds to succeed i mean it! But the I don't want them to be near the basement of one of the worlds worst leagues in terms of quality! it breaks my heart!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I seriously think that there are way too many people on these boards who are signing in just to try and get as many people as possible to spew out negative shit at the games. If you don't want to come to the games until you see what you like, then don't come. If other people want to try supporting the team through a rough patch then let them. You're totally entitled to your opinion, and it's as valid as anyone else's, but it's sickening to see so much negativity being put up here in an attempt to get others to follow it. Just stay at home and be miserable until you get the kind of performance you want, then come back to the games and cheer like you never left.

And if you think the players don't realise the shape they are in then you're wrong. They feel it more than we do as fans, and I don't believe for a second that they don't care and are not giving it their all to try and turn it around - of course they are. But that's sport - players and teams get into bad runs of form and try as they might they can't break it for a while. It happens to all teams, from DC Utd to Hull City to England - it doesn't mean they don;t care and theyl;re not trying their damndest to fix it. Eventually they'll get it right and their effort will pay off. In the meantime, there are those of us who think it's more productive to do what we can to help the team through this, rather than getting on their backs about it. They know we're pissed off, they know the press is pissed off and they know Carver is pissed off at them too. What they don;t need is a bunch of people turning up to the games and booing them, making the whole thing even worse.

Put it this way - the BMO Field support is one of the few things that might really make a difference to the results right now. Now if we take that away, how much help do you really think that's going to be? And what kind of statement does that make about us as fans?

Sure, express your disenchantment to the club and the players, but don't do it during the game. Turn up, do what you can to help the situation, and then unfurl a big banner outside the exit for the players to see when they leave, post them blogs, write letters, do whatever you want OUTSIDE the game. But if you're not going to turn up and support the team on match days, then give your ticket to someone who will. Otherwsie, what's the point in having one?!

I understand where you're coming from and I used to feel the same way but every man has his breaking point and Sunday was it for me. I could just as easily say that it sickens me to see people show up for a game at BMO expecting their team to play DECENT football and get nothing. Even more sickening is when, during TFC's shit play, fans decide it is appropriate to sing "We're red, we're white, we're fucking dynomite". That is sickening to me and I just want to know if anyone feels the same. So please...if you want to pat our boys on the back after and during every shit game they play, please stay home. Does that sound logical? Keep letting them know that well love them no matter what.

As for the second bolded comment. Take a look at these home results:

June 14th- TFC beats Colorado 3-1
    June 21st- TFC tie K.C. 0-0
    July 1st- TFC lose to Vancouver 1-0
    July 19th TFC tie San Jose 0-0
    July 22nd- TFC tie Montreal 1-1
    August 3rd- TFC lose to Dallas 2-0

That middle stretch is ONE goal in 3 games (two of which were arguably the most important games of the year) against 2 USL teams and and MLS expansion team. Not that I needed to point that out to you.

Please tell me how the unwavering support of TFC fans has sparked the boys. Please tell me how they've shown us that all of our strained vocal chords were rewarded. You know what, you can't. Makes me wonder if they can even hear us anymore. Maybe their ears need a bit of a shock?

I think your rose coloured glasses have been permanently frosted over red my friend.