Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on Johann Smith

Well he is fast like everyone said, what do you guys think about his play today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he actually as fast as wynne?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's fast. Can cross on the odd time. I'm not sure his touch is the best or his shooting ability. But I liked enough to think he could start on the left.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His first run where he shot was fantastic. Wish he woulda chipped it over like Dane Richards did for NY's second so hopefully he can work on looking up a bit. He is freakish fast and will obviously beat a lot of people to a lot of balls. Now it's about working that style into a formation. I liked what I saw.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was a lone bright spot, and should have been fucking starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought Nana played really well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^ yup this guy was the only one running at the defenders because he's not a pussy.

Harmse ain't a pussy either, but has no quality.

To be honest, our team doesn't deserve this guy after our play today....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was the only player out there who did not resemble a mindless robot.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    ^^^^^ yup this guy was the only one running at the defenders because he's not a pussy.

Harmse ain't a pussy either, but has no quality.

To be honest, our team doesn't deserve this guy after our play today..
    I don't understand what things like this mean. This is a very silly place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sure looked like he had the NYRB defenders scrambling and wondering what the hell he was gonna do!

great for his first game. can't ask for any more.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was impressed with his skill with the ball... not amazing, but he had a few nice moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great prospect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He impressed me. He ran balls down, he hustled on every play and just overall showed his teammates what hard work looks like.

I hope he gets the start against NE as his work ethic is sorely needed on our fragile club right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good edition compared to what we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast. he was good and fought hard

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I don't understand what things like this mean. This is a very silly place.
    It means the team is shitty and he deserves better. If you really dont understand that, I would suggest a remedial english class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Tyler View Post
    It means the team is shitty and he deserves better. If you really dont understand that, I would suggest a remedial english class.
    Come on man, really? We're all frustrated with the game but don't turn on people like that. Its also pretty shitty to say Johann Smith deserves better team than TFC but to lash out at people on the board is a bit ridiculous. H Bomb did not deserve a comment like that at all. Calma calma calma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the good thing with him is that yes, he does have good pace, but its really his acceleration thats amazing. This guy can go from standstill to fullout sprint in a second!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he did well considering he has barely got to meet his new teammates. Lots of pace and decent crosses. If Dichio had not been injured, I could see the big fella getting on the end of his service.
    No doubt he'll get injured vs NE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOTM tonight - that’s not saying too much though. Created our only real scoring chance. I’d like to see him play in the centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Tyler View Post
    so rather than add players of quality to improve the team, you'd rather have the better players leave because they deserve better? if he needs remedial english, you need problem solving for infants.

back on topic, he was good from what we saw, look forward to him getting comfortable with the team
    Last edited by justin; 08-17-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well he's fast and seems to like the step over a lot.....but we need someone to put the ball in the back of the net, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    well he's fast and seems to like the step over a lot.....but we need someone to put the ball in the back of the net, plain and simple.
    well he wasnt "up-front", so you should really hold-judgement on this until you see him in an upfront role (and thus getting the chance to go 1-on-1 to put the ball in the net) rather than just as someone swinging it in (robert + Ricketts can already do that)

Theroetically, with the skillsets we had in place today, he shouldhve just switched Johann in for Ibbe, and see how he looked with Robert crossing it in to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked what i saw, it was refreshing to see someone with half a brain who can hold onto the ball for longer then 10 seconds! And like someone said earlier, he's not a pussy and can run at defenders! Lets hope he keeps playing with heart!!

sidenote: I'm soo sick and tired of the fucking amateur play we've been bringing to the table! I'm a die-hard TFC fan trust me!! I'm on the gold waiting list for seasons tix, i've already been to 4 home games plus all the Canada Cup home games, plus i have both jerseys, training gear, scarf, keychain, hat, raincoat and the list goes on and on! I'm a DIE HARD!! anyways my point was is that this fucking team and this league SUCK! the lack of quality is really starting to blow my mind!! ...sorry but i'm just venting!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Johann. Hes really fast (faster then Wynne?) throws defenders off with his sort of sloppy but super quick footwork, and can anyone catch him around the corners? Give him some time with the big man up front and chaulk one up for the boys in red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as of right now i think Jo Smith should start up front because we have not got much quality up there....with time i would like to see someone take that spot so that he can drop to the left mid and give robert his walking papers

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Come on man, really? We're all frustrated with the game but don't turn on people like that. Its also pretty shitty to say Johann Smith deserves better team than TFC but to lash out at people on the board is a bit ridiculous. H Bomb did not deserve a comment like that at all. Calma calma calma
    What the hell are you talking about?

He said he did not understand what people meant when they said that, so I explained it to him, I never once said I agreed. I would suggest you take your own advice and avoid jumping to conclusions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    so rather than add players of quality to improve the team, you'd rather have the better players leave because they deserve better? if he needs remedial english, you need problem solving for infants.
    My goodness, see above.

Although, really, what can you expect from a Habs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your explaining it because he didnt understand no need to throw in the immature remedial english class shot towards a fellow fan....if you even call yourself a fan, like many others have said, we all have frustrations with todays game, that being said smith was provided a glimmer of hope because one would hope he will only get better for us as he grows to know his teammates, if u think he deserves better feel free to try and get ahold of Mo to let him know that cuz no one hear is interested in hearing that

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgs88 View Post
    if your explaining it because he didnt understand no need to throw in the immature remedial english class shot towards a fellow fan....if you even call yourself a fan, like many others have said, we all have frustrations with todays game, that being said smith was provided a glimmer of hope because one would hope he will only get better for us as he grows to know his teammates, if u think he deserves better feel free to try and get ahold of Mo to let him know that cuz no one hear is interested in hearing that
    In cases like you, the remedial english remarks are necessary. Look, just two posts up if you can manage, and you should see "I never once said I agree." Repeat that a few times.

But yeah, go ahead and question my loyalty, it cuts deep.