Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

P.S. It's been said already but it has to be said again.

But I hope Toronto City Council/MLS was watching the game last night because fuck it was hard to watch that game - TFC's quality aside.

And the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere. Can't fault ESC, they did their best, but man, it's bad.

There was a guy lounged out in one of the seats, reading a book!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    For the most part BC is right. The numbers were disappointing but most of us knew that coming in. Sunday at 5 p.m. is shit time. I mean if we were two or three hours apart then fine, but not when you're 8 hours by car at best.
    Having said that while there were about 50 of us there, only about 15-20 people were really making noise and for the most part the NEE guys were the ones that really brought it.
    ESC is a lot better now that they are all in one section, but that shitty stadium doesn't help.
    GSS... no comment.

I figure the Oct. 4th game will be better.

Still pissed TFC could not get a point on the road after playing half the game a man up.

And the Road Warriors banners needs some weights sewn in at the bottom.

Ending up staying at the same hotel as the team. Ended up seeing them before the game having their pre-game meal and listening in on Carver talk to some players before the game. Once back at the hotel, saw some players getting ready to go out. As my gf said, they didn't deserve to go out after the game they played.

At the end of the day we tried. Next year should be a lot better when Red Bulls get their new SSS.

Despite all that, I will try to make it again on the 4th.
    your girlfriend is right. that's ridiculous. maybe they didn't play well on the pitch because they were excited about going out in big old NYC.

they should have been getting ready to practice.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

True enough.

But as ANY athlete will tell you, "Win or lose, hit the booze."

Hell, you can count the supporters in that one too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    P.S. It's been said already but it has to be said again.

But I hope Toronto City Council/MLS was watching the game last night because fuck it was hard to watch that game - TFC's quality aside.

And the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere. Can't fault ESC, they did their best, but man, it's bad.

There was a guy lounged out in one of the seats, reading a book!
    lol HOWS YOUR BOOK!?!?!??! HOWS YOUR BOOK!?!?! that was a great chant

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Whoopee;143863]

Ending up staying at the same hotel as the team. Ended up seeing them before the game having their pre-game meal and listening in on Carver talk to some players before the game. Once back at the hotel, saw some players getting ready to go out. As my gf said, they didn't deserve to go out after the game they played.

quote]

We stayed there as well. What was really funny was that a few of the players (Velez, Smith, Barrett) were in the hotel bar having a drink when we walked in. Mrs Miko was still wearing her TFC shirt and the players were standing there looking like they were expecting her to go up and say hi and she blanked them.

They looked kind of hurt.

Classic.

Saw Dichio and Ricketts in the lobby as well (still in TFC gear). Dichio looked ok but was holding his back when walking so maybe he didn't aggravate the concussion.
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, was bored/hungover at work on Monday and figured I would check out your forum to see how you guys enjoyed your trip to NY, err NJ. Didn't expect to see the picture of my friend and I holding your flag, so thought that was funny as shit. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by our tailgate, it was fun as shit hanging out with the Red Patch Boys (and I think Northend Elite). And if you guys come down in Oct., be sure to keep an eye out for us. We will bring more beer next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ct2ram View Post
    Well, was bored/hungover at work on Monday and figured I would check out your forum to see how you guys enjoyed your trip to NY, err NJ. Didn't expect to see the picture of my friend and I holding your flag, so thought that was funny as shit. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by our tailgate, it was fun as shit hanging out with the Red Patch Boys (and I think Northend Elite). And if you guys come down in Oct., be sure to keep an eye out for us. We will bring more beer next time.
    I warned you I'd post that photo.

Let me tell you, you guys made our day. The young lady I was with said afterwards, "It was awesome how friendly everyone was. Especially those guys that invited us over and offered us their beer."

Thanks for being so classy, and for having a good sense of humour! You're more than welcome to come up for a match, and we'll provide some frosty barley goodness!