Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading all of this I don't even know where to start.

Ok First problem is CAPO'S. There should be ONE capo, nothing more. And everyone should listen to that capo and follow him/her.The more leaders u have, the worst off it could be. You put that Capo in the middle, and hopefully everyone will follow along. But you know why we could probably never have one capo?! Because every suppporters group is going to want to have a say, or a person involved. I say just vote one person in who's the best..regardless of supporters club. If you look at some clubs, the capo ussually is in a visiable spot and everyone knows who he/she is..and pays attention. I am iffy on the whole subject because its tough to controll that many people, who ever thinks they can do it all for them.

Tifo, comes from the word Tifoso (Fan) in Italian. Being a Tifo can include visuals, chants, smoke bombs, flares, etc. Which the only thing we have really is chants and some visuals...some.

I think our atmopshere really suffers when people have drinks in their hands most of the game, or eating something. I understand you want to drink and eat...but if you goto games in certain countries most people dont have drinks in their hand or food, they are focusing on the game, jumping up and down, clapping and chanting (I dont know about you, but can you do that with a hotdog and a beer in your hand?).

The simple chants I do not like too much...I think if we really want to get the whole stadium rocking we need to not make it acceptable for people to stand around and do nothing...we our selves are kind of setting our own standards for TFC games.

Seriously , I just find it so hard to believe the atmosphere at BMO field is getting worse and worse. I honestly think some people just goto games for the fact of going to games. In my section I see different people everyday, I see people bringing in Babies, sitting around, not standing up for goals, too busy making out with their girlfriends. I am honestly getting to the point where I am going to start to snap everytime i see it. If you bring a kid to a game, expect them to hear swearing and see drunk people. I promised my self, i will NEVER take a girlfriend to a game if she isn't going to enjoy her self and not even pay attention to whats going on and just wants to make out. (But ofcourse when I get a girlfriend she will be a TFC fan lol ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post

I think our atmopshere really suffers when people have drinks in their hands most of the game, or eating something. I understand you want to drink and eat...but if you goto games in certain countries most people dont have drinks in their hand or food, they are focusing on the game, jumping up and down, clapping and chanting (I dont know about you, but can you do that with a hotdog and a beer in your hand?).
    This is a very overlooked and underestimated problem. I was drinking a powerade to begin the second half on saturday, I felt like I belonged in 123.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    After reading all of this I don't even know where to start.

Ok First problem is CAPO'S. There should be ONE capo, nothing more. And everyone should listen to that capo and follow him/her.The more leaders u have, the worst off it could be. You put that Capo in the middle, and hopefully everyone will follow along. But you know why we could probably never have one capo?! Because every suppporters group is going to want to have a say, or a person involved. I say just vote one person in who's the best..regardless of supporters club. If you look at some clubs, the capo ussually is in a visiable spot and everyone knows who he/she is..and pays attention. I am iffy on the whole subject because its tough to controll that many people, who ever thinks they can do it all for them.

Tifo, comes from the word Tifoso (Fan) in Italian. Being a Tifo can include visuals, chants, smoke bombs, flares, etc. Which the only thing we have really is chants and some visuals...some.

The simple chants I do not like too much...I think if we really want to get the whole stadium rocking we need to not make it acceptable for people to stand around and do nothing...we our selves are kind of setting our own standards for TFC games.

Seriously , I just find it so hard to believe the atmosphere at BMO field is getting worse and worse. I honestly think some people just goto games for the fact of going to games. In my section I see different people everyday, I see people bringing in Babies, sitting around, not standing up for goals, too busy making out with their girlfriends. I am honestly getting to the point where I am going to start to snap everytime i see it. If you bring a kid to a game, expect them to hear swearing and see drunk people. I promised my self, i will NEVER take a girlfriend to a game if she isn't going to enjoy her self and not even pay attention to whats going on and just wants to make out. (But ofcourse when I get a girlfriend she will be a TFC fan lol ).
    Laurignano I hear you man and I am just as frustrated as you are but you have to understand that this is the sports culture here in north america. People are brought up with the belief that going to a match of any sport is more like an outing, time to kill and pick up some chicks if they're lucky. There is no history here with the teams, no meaning, no reason to fight and support your team, clubs r run by corporations that dont give a fuck about the supporter when they can replace him/her with 10 others. The problem is deep rooted and its going to take time to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    Laurignano I hear you man and I am just as frustrated as you are but you have to understand that this is the sports culture here in north america. People are brought up with the belief that going to a match of any sport is more like an outing, time to kill and pick up some chicks if they're lucky. There is no history here with the teams, no meaning, no reason to fight and support your team, clubs r run by corporations that dont give a fuck about the supporter when they can replace him/her with 10 others. The problem is deep rooted and its going to take time to change.
    in other words, reflects a society that is largely without passion.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue with the chanting is simple. There are a whole lot of people who want to run the show (including about 15 separate ones in 112).

The idea of coming to the stadium with a "plan" on what you're going to sing is what kills the atmosphere.

every time there is a short lull in singing you get these spazzes who start to freak out and start thinking "OMG we need a chant what do we do! something quick!!!!".
    That's why we end up with people singing "can you hear columbus sing" when it's 0 f'n 0 or you get people singing "there's only one greg sutton" when he picks up a back pass.

Sure, there are 3-4 chants going on at once, but people need to sort out which is the dominant one and then go with it...within a few seconds, all those 4 chants can be unified (but people need to pay attention and stop trying to get "their song" (and I don't mean supporters groups, I mean individuals) going.

Finally, people need to start watching the match, properly and sing appropriate songs. Columbus was about to take a corner and someone wanted to start the massive....that's just dumb.

The point of it all is....stop trying so damn hard, go with the flow of things and if you hear something new, try to pick it up.

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    The issue with the chanting is simple. There are a whole lot of people who want to run the show (including about 15 separate ones in 112).

The idea of coming to the stadium with a "plan" on what you're going to sing is what kills the atmosphere.

every time there is a short lull in singing you get these spazzes who start to freak out and start thinking "OMG we need a chant what do we do! something quick!!!!".
    That's why we end up with people singing "can you hear columbus sing" when it's 0 f'n 0 or you get people singing "there's only one greg sutton" when he picks up a back pass.

Sure, there are 3-4 chants going on at once, but people need to sort out which is the dominant one and then go with it...within a few seconds, all those 4 chants can be unified (but people need to pay attention and stop trying to get "their song" (and I don't mean supporters groups, I mean individuals) going.

Finally, people need to start watching the match, properly and sing appropriate songs. Columbus was about to take a corner and someone wanted to start the massive....that's just dumb.

The point of it all is....stop trying so damn hard, go with the flow of things and if you hear something new, try to pick it up.
    What kills the atmosphere is a 100 idiots singing a 100 different songs. We have had a plan on what to sing since day one. This is why we come up with different songs. Why do we have all these songs if you wanna be so spontaneous all the time? English style is boring, get over it. Always has been and always will be. Put up a youtube video of the best English atmosphere and Ill find you one from the rest of Europe a 100 times more exciting, and guess what? It's all planned, they have capos leading, flags, banners and its all PRE PLANNED! This is why it works, you cant expect 2000 people to start singing the same song at once without having a leader, organization and planning.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had 3000 people in the south stand who were committed and wanted to sing/chant all game, we could use any system we want. English, eastern euro, south american, whatever, it'd all work.

The fact is that at least (and I'm being generous) 50% of the people in each section of the south stand have no intention of chanting or singing. The just want to stand there and drink their beer. They like the atmosphere, but they don't want to participate in it. There is also a large contingent of "wow i'm in the south stand, this is cool, lets take a picture" people....who are pretty much....wankers.

Barbarez

If we had 3000 people in the south stand who were committed and wanted to sing/chant all game, we could use any system we want. English, eastern euro, south american, whatever, it'd all work.

The fact is that at least (and I'm being generous) 50% of the people in each section of the south stand have no intention of chanting or singing. The just want to stand there and drink their beer. They like the atmosphere, but they don't want to participate in it. There is also a large contingent of "wow i'm in the south stand, this is cool, lets take a picture" people....who are pretty much....wankers.
    Agree with that, and the question still remains. How to change that mentality...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is our fault for letting this happen, believe me. I have tried SO hard in 106 to make it a fun section, but only 4 to 10 people chant with me. At least i chant though right?

And because I try to follow the south end to chant along with them, I sit and I listen, and I have no idea what the fuck anyone is chanting! We can blame a roof as much as we want, but last year we didnt have a roof and I could follow off of you guys easily.

The english style is boring to me as well. You may say whatever will work but I dont think so.. A large amount of our fans are English at these games. I prefer flares, smoke bombs, flags, jumping up and down non-stop chanting...Like Serie A or Southern American teams. Goto a game in Italy, or even Greece... notice how no one drinks in the stands?!
    Why is that you must think?!?
    Maybe because they are more concerned with holding a flare and a smoke bomb and chanting their team as much as they can to victory.

Obviously I know we will never get smoke bombs or flares into BMO field, but my main point here is the pinciplal...I think drinking and eating at games is a bigger problem to the atmosphere then people realise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give supporters groups more control over tickets (like DCU), get rid of scalpers.

of course both those ideas could potentially hurt profits, so I doubt it would ever happen.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kills the atmosphere is a 100 idiots singing a 100 different songs. We have had a plan on what to sing since day one. This is why we come up with different songs. Why do we have all these songs if you wanna be so spontaneous all the time? English style is boring, get over it. Always has been and always will be. Put up a youtube video of the best English atmosphere and Ill find you one from the rest of Europe a 100 times more exciting, and guess what? It's all planned, they have capos leading, flags, banners and its all PRE PLANNED! This is why it works, you cant expect 2000 people to start singing the same song at once without having a leader, organization and planning.
    Exactly !you always seem to pin point! look at yourselfs....its not an englaish vs south american...ect..ect..the thing thats hurts the most ..thats there is 50 differnt supporters groups going on with there own shit...and yes MR Barbarez......im inlcuding your group as well! Your fucking quick to always point the fingers..Ive been in 113 when the supporters in there and are chanting one song....while I look over at 114...and something esle is going on over there...as i then look over to 112 and another song has just started...too many supporter groups its simple...do what you want on your own time out side of the park as groups.....but FFS UNITE in side the park!! leave your supporter NAMES at the DOOR!

Until the SouthEND BECOMES UNITED..we will never be effective..what you see it waht you'll always get!! There was a time when i thought it was possible when USEC and RPB could get threr shit together and get the southend rocking.....but with differnt supporter groups popping up on an hourly basis.....it'll never work!

ALL FOR ONE! ALL TOGETHER!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 05-19-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Exactly !you always seem to pin point! look at yourselfs....its not an englaish vs south american...ect..ect..the thing thats hurts the most ..thats there is 50 differnt supporters groups going on with there own shit...and yes MR Barbarez......im inlcuding your group as well! Your fucking quick to always point the fingers

Until the SouthEND BECOMES UNITED..we will never be effective..what you see it waht you'll always get!! There was a time when i thought it was possible when USEC and RPB could get threr shit together and get the southend rocking.....but with differnt supporter groups popping up on an hourly basis.....it'll never work!

ALL FOR ONE! ALL TOGETHER!
    It has nothing to do with the number of supporter groups. If everybody can just stop trying to lead and follow instead things would go a lot smoother. We in 114 look to U sector for chants and coordination. If there is a song going in 114 and U sector starts one we tell everybody in our section to STFU and follow. We're not individualists like some, we are there to enhance the overall atmosphere not to promote ourselves. Thanks.

Fuck off

Barbarez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has nothing to do with the number of supporter groups. If everybody can just stop trying to lead and follow instead things would go a lot smoother. We in 114 look to U sector for chants and coordination. If there is a song going in 114 and U sector starts one we tell everybody in our section to STFU and follow. We're not individualists like some, we are there to enhance the overall atmosphere not to promote ourselves. Thanks.

Fuck off

Barbarez

Lol i love you Barbarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great post, alot of this does have to do with the society people live in, the instinct, the guts, and the freedom that people have, is different in every country/continent. people would rather, walk out, get some food, stay there for a while, take some pictures, talk with some ppl on the phone, etc During the game. people would rather concentrate more on their ego, and not looking stupid after a goal is scored, than to be a chant for the team. the hostile enviornment, the roars you hear after a goal from a boca vs. river game:

will probably, never be heard in north america, maybe in 2 or 3 seconds after, but after that, people will be back to their seats (not the supporters though). unfortunatly, these casual fans will be the majority of the entire stadium.everyone knows my dying need for flares in a game , i only suggest them to clear out the casual, "cool" fans who think this is a golf game, and really promote, and bring the hardcore supporters, for their club. sort of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjXY...eature=related

you rarely see those casual fans in these fan bases and in the ones around the world. the society just does not fit the type that others live in and are accostumed to in other places. i applaud any real fan and every supporter group that is really behind their team at all times. i really think bmo has the potential to be like them, i just hope its not to late, one of the reasons im pouring out ideas
    i believe a UNITED south end can really help. supporter groups are fine, but them singing the same song, everyone on the same page is what tfc fans need

TFC !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Angelo1405; 05-19-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporters sections should be controlled by supporters groups, at least as far as I'm concerned. Isn't that what happens in DC?

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo1405 View Post
    great post, alot of this does have to do with the society people live in, the instinct, the guts, and the freedom that people have, is different in every country/continent. people would rather, walk out, get some food, stay there for a while, take some pictures, talk with some ppl on the phone, etc During the game. people would rather concentrate more on their ego, and not looking stupid after a goal is scored, than to be a chant for the team. the hostile enviornment, the roars you hear after a goal from a boca vs. river game:

will probably, never be heard in north america, maybe in 2 or 3 seconds after, but after that, people will be back to their seats (not the supporters though). unfortunatly, these casual fans will be the majority of the entire stadium.everyone knows my dying need for flares in a game , i only suggest them to clear out the casual, "cool" fans who think this is a golf game, and really promote, and bring the hardcore supporters, for their club. sort of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjXY...eature=related

you rarely see those casual fans in these fan bases and in the ones around the world. the society just does not fit the type that others live in and are accostumed to in other places. i applaud any real fan and every supporter group that is really behind their team at all times. i really think bmo has the potential to be like them, i just hope its not to late, one of the reasons im pouring out ideas
    i believe a UNITED south end can really help.

TFC !!!!!!!
    Dude I love that atmosphere, passion and commitment to your club but it's going to take years to see that kind of passion here. YEARS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Operation Pest Control>?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    Supporters sections should be controlled by supporters groups, at least as far as I'm concerned. Isn't that what happens in DC?

In a perfect world....USECTOR and RPB....would of been approached by TFC last season!!...."here you go boys..the entire southend is yours!!!! NOW FILL IT!"

hmmm..amagin that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think all teams need an instuctional video, itll speed up the process read that for me barbarez please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what it should look like outside Gate 3 after a win.
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbarez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much would it cost for a microphone and some speakers. Each supporter group has one capo that will start the songs/chants. RPB for the first half U S for the second half.

It would also be good to have the first verse of Oh Canada as a recording to get everyone started at the same time...like YNWA at Parkhead
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=au4b7FUBhso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a capo would be a good idea. maybe someone could inform bmo to allow some sort of stand where a capo could lead the chants. and the fans will see from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if we make an attempt to get people to stick after the game (obviously not all of them are gonna stay, but try to keep a good number) and just practice the capo during a reserve game, see how easy it is to follow etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll never get MLSE to allow us control of supporters seats as long as there is a waiting list for season tickets. DC can get away with it because there's 30,000 empty seats every game.

As for getting sound through the speakers at the south end, it would be great if the sound technicians at BMO field would allow us to tap into those speakers so we can override what's coming out of them, but I don't think the sponsors would like that too much. Sure a mic'd up south end with live chants coming through the speakers would be a good compromise for the lack of roof we have and it would get everybody on the same page, but it's not happening, so lets every one of us try to stick with the chant we hear and stop trying to start our own.

masrawy

Capo stand right in the middle of 112, 113, and 114, rotate the capos between all groups so no one bitches.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    Capo stand right in the middle of 112, 113, and 114, rotate the capos between all groups so no one bitches.

Thank you.

I agree....we need to develop unity....and come together for one cause...and that is to support our team as best we can...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the other side of the south end. If you haven't noticed, 117 and company are aways the ones starting chants in the middle of other chants. They want to get in it but they are stuck because they only know like 5 chants.

I still say we follow what the chicago wankers did:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of suggestion -- a lot of good suggestion -- but nothing really done yet.

I say we keep it simple and start at the Galaxy game -- lets make that the first trial game -- lets have a poll or recommendations or volunteers for the Capo.

What do you think about this plan ...

1 Capo in section 109/110 stairway
    1 Capo in section 111/110 stairway
    1 Capo in section 112/113 stairway
    1 Capo in section 112/113 stairway

For a total of 4 Capo's

Now we create(which is already done) chants which are assigned numbers

(ie. (1)"Oh when the reds.." -- the LEAD CAPO is the only decision maker for that game -- if he is good and there aren't any complaints -- then he remains -- if not -- next person is the LEAD CAPO for the NEXT game.

Now the LEAD CAPO raises signs with numbers on it -- this works 2 ways -- it shows the other Capos which song is next and it gives the heads up too the fans on which song to prepare for.

Now each Capo will raise the number so that the next capo next to him can see the number and so forth.

LEAD CAPO will start the chant -- it is up to the other capos (and fans) to listen and join in the chant at the right time -- DONT JUST START AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHANT -- listen and join in -- timing

I think this should be done -- I think it will work if we all put the effort -- once the trail is over -- add more Capos to other sections to have the whole stadium going

We can start it simple and say we have each capo with 3 signs with the numbers 1-6(back and front) in BIG letters. Each number is designated to a chant.

The LEAD CAPO doesn't have to wait to start the chant -- the other capos must join in at the right time -- it wont be hard, once 2 sections are on board, it will be so clear and loud for the rest of the capos to join in.

So what do you guys and gals think -- is this do able???????