Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still with Cashcleaner and see the need for simplicity.

And I have an idea that I hope gets positive feedback.

Lets take a song that is already done well and add something.

And I am taking a page out of the SSJ on this one.

Let's do the Seven Nation Army and get everyone to jump while doing it.

Its a simple song. The visuals of the jumping will look cool. And it adds something new. How about it?

The only problem I see? In 118 for example...we can only get about 40% of the people do do anything in unison at any given time. but 111-114 I think would have a much higher participation rate.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wind does have an impact and it was very windy towards the south end. Some people in 222 and 221 tried to follow the south end lead but it was hard to keep it going.

I do think the anthem situation needs to be dealt with, it was particularly bad yesterday. A big part of the problem is the shit quality of the anthems played over the PA system. Whether this is due to the playback equipment or the recordings themselves I don't know but if this was improved it would be easier to stay in sync.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I think a big mistake IMO is doing simple chants. Its not about getting everyone involved because that will never happen, its about being loud and having chants together and holding them for a long time. TFC, this our house, etc. I am starting to hate those chants. I want chants more like Ohhh Toronto, I am going crazy, oh yes its true! type of thing, and maybe signing my town and Legend TFc. We are going backwards it seems.

Ooh Toronto

and

We Love You Toronto

Are not simple chants at all... Cash: I don't buy the simplicity factor one bit... it's all about learning it and practicing at the tailgates and post game sessions! =P
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Ooh Toronto

and

We Love You Toronto

Are not simple chants at all... Cash: I don't buy the simplicity factor one bit... it's all about learning it and practicing at the tailgates and post game sessions! =P

I know there not..those are the chants I would prefer to hear more of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I know there not..those are the chants I would prefer to hear more of.

'We love you' was discussed on the boards, but it was born at the tailgate... I can even tell you the day that it was born as we chanted it several times trying to get everyone on board!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'We love you' was discussed on the boards, but it was born at the tailgate... I can even tell you the day that it was born as we chanted it several times trying to get everyone on board!
    I know i agree. I aint in for all the simple chants, people will eventually learn the more complicated ones with time. Not everyone wants to chant either...so i say the longer the songs, the better! Because the longer they are, the longer the songs are song for, and more people will catch on in the stands
    Last edited by Laurignano; 05-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of the biggest problems I found yesterday was the multiple self proclaimed capos in the 112.

I was on the drum for the first 25 minutes and all I could hear were these guys around me starting random chants every 2 minutes.

but when I stood up and heard what the majority were singing, be it in 112 or 11 or even 113, it was totally different.

Seems like no one wants a leader, but everyone wants to lead.

With that being said, I think most of the stadium doesn't look to 112 to lead the chants anymore....mainly because we have no idea what you guys are singing. 110 was doing their own thing hand in hand with the top of 109. I can see the NEE doing their own thing. 111 has even taken it upon themselves to do their own thing.

This is much bigger problem than you guys think...it's not just having complicated chants, it's no one wants to shut up and ilsten for a second before starting a chant. Self imposed Capos are killing it...Big time!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I say what everyone is thinking?

Yeah...it's been done to death.

But man do we need a roof!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVERY CHANT NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH JUMPING!

We will be the most fit supporters group in MLS! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is jumping in any chant it will make it better.

All we need are some more simple chants, everyone who has a flag to bring it, bring some flares and smoke bombs (just kidding, but seriously smoke bombs would be sweet) and we're set.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This last match there seemed to be a lot more unfamiliar faces. I think that due to the long weekend, a lot more tickets were given to friends, sold, scalped than normal. A lot of these people didn't know the chants, and just stood around.

Another factor new for this year is that our team is playing much more exciting football! Last year, we had all the time in the world to chant, etc. while the team hoofed it up and down the field, and Lombardo vainly tried to score. This year, I find myself tending to watch one exciting play after another as Robert or Guevara sets things up. It's often so exciting I forget to sing or don't feel like doing anything but watching. Then comes a slow period and I start singing again. I expect there are others who find this true...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, make a donation on buying a good megaphone and use a capo.

No walkie talkie, or anything like that.

Just place a guy in the middle, with a megaphone that your actually able to hear (can never hear Usectors or even ours at times) and than let the people follow. Seriously its that simple....

imo, this is the best solution if you wanna get people organized. Won't hurt to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the watts and range on the megaphone that usector has?

masrawy

Dude, but when has it ever been about TIFOs? What is a TIFO? I even hate using that word...

Everyone supports the team differently... You don't see 'TIFOs' used widely in Latin America... it happens but not every game.

If support was about 'TIFO's' then Asians would be the best supporters in the WORLD, and we would be striving to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l...eature=related

I personally think that shit above is cool, but It's just not me... I wanna drink my beer; and chant my lungs away.

Support means something different for everyone
    In our (North African) supporter culture, the concept of making a brand new visual display for every game is huge, the da5la (the intro in Arabic) is a major part of every big derby. Groups rank themselves based on how they got their da5la made (club vs. group money), how many times they do a da5la, and of course, how complicated it is. To me, and to a lot of members in our group, it's been about the tifos from day one.

It's spelled tifo, not all caps, it ain't MF DOOM. If the word irks you so much, you can call it a choreography, or choreo for short, or you can call it an action or a visual display, call it what you want. If you think the visual aspect of our support isn't important, well that's a major difference between our groups, I guess. The visual is as important as the sound to us, we've set a target to pass Barra Brava as the best visual group in the MLS. You want to know why they are the best visual group in the MLS? Because they have a new action every game, whether it's an overhead flag, their huge waving flags, or a pyro show.

So it pisses me off when we're on track to doing that, and some dude's friend is "dissapointed" with us for some fucking reason or another. This friend has probably never come out to help paint a banner or make an overhead with us. Rather than getting together with his friend like a bunch of hens and bitching about us, he could come up to the front rows, introduce himself, and be a part of the solution. It's a problem we're having in 127, lack of participation.

And like you said, different methods of support, we're lucky that we have 20 or so people that have the continental mentality of making visual displays for your club. Drinking and singing is no where near enough for me, sorry.
    Last edited by masrawy; 05-18-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kudos to the creator of this sign:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gittingsc/2501570637/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just not united...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottom line is that people need to step it up a bit and join in on at the very least the main chants when they do go on. I see SO many people in 111, 112 and 113 (I am in the top of 112) and they aren't singing AT ALL. In fact, most people don't participate. It's sad as shit because just standing there does not support the team AT ALL!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    In our (North African) supporter culture, the concept of making a brand new visual display for every game is huge, the da5la (the intro in Arabic) is a major part of every big derby. Groups rank themselves based on how they got their da5la made (club vs. group money), how many times they do a da5la, and of course, how complicated it is. To me, and to a lot of members in our group, it's been about the tifos from day one.

It's spelled tifo, not all caps, it ain't MF DOOM. If the word irks you so much, you can call it a choreography, or choreo for short, or you can call it an action or a visual display, call it what you want. If you think the visual aspect of our support isn't important, well that's a major difference between our groups, I guess. The visual is as important as the sound to us, we've set a target to pass Barra Brava as the best visual group in the MLS. You want to know why they are the best visual group in the MLS? Because they have a new action every game, whether it's an overhead flag, their huge waving flags, or a pyro show.

So it pisses me off when we're on track to doing that, and some dude's friend is "dissapointed" with us for some fucking reason or another. This friend has probably never come out to help paint a banner or make an overhead with us. Rather than getting together with his friend like a bunch of hens and bitching about us, he could come up to the front rows, introduce himself, and be a part of the solution. It's a problem we're having in 127, lack of participation.

And like you said, different methods of support, we're lucky that we have 20 or so people that have the continental mentality of making visual displays for your club. Drinking and singing is no where near enough for me, sorry.
    Well,

I'm sure this guy's friend is not dissapointed at the choreo... I'm actually glad that I have an alternative word now!

and don't get me wrong I like choreo... but too me the chanting/sound aspect comes first... then all of the extras can fit in... that's just my take.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Bottom line is that people need to step it up a bit and join in on at the very least the main chants when they do go on. I see SO many people in 111, 112 and 113 (I am in the top of 112) and they aren't singing AT ALL. In fact, most people don't participate. It's sad as shit because just standing there does not support the team AT ALL!
    I noticed that a bit as well. I agree with what you said. We need to find a way to get more people involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly the thing that is keeping us all off track form being united. NEE tifos are awesome imo, my only regret is I work too far away/late to help them make them.

But this new thing where everyones bitching about everyone else is gonna end up tearing us (supporters) apart. Someone doesnt like something, thats great, but just tell yer buddies or stfu. Nothing is gained by publically calling down someones method of support. Like the ribbons.. when people were starting on about them too.. its more becomming a big bitch session then supporting the team lately imo anyways.

Screw it, show up, support how you want, NEE does alot of tifo work, in 126 we try to sing with the 20 or so people we got who will, and we streamer the hell when we get the chance (which have been few this yr so far oddly).

But above all esle, dont publically call someone down for supporting the team in a fashion you may deem as unacceptable, because its not good for morale and it could be someone doing it to you tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    One of the biggest problems I found yesterday was the multiple self proclaimed capos in the 112.

I was on the drum for the first 25 minutes and all I could hear were these guys around me starting random chants every 2 minutes.

but when I stood up and heard what the majority were singing, be it in 112 or 11 or even 113, it was totally different.

Seems like no one wants a leader, but everyone wants to lead.

With that being said, I think most of the stadium doesn't look to 112 to lead the chants anymore....mainly because we have no idea what you guys are singing. 110 was doing their own thing hand in hand with the top of 109. I can see the NEE doing their own thing. 111 has even taken it upon themselves to do their own thing.

This is much bigger problem than you guys think...it's not just having complicated chants, it's no one wants to shut up and ilsten for a second before starting a chant. Self imposed Capos are killing it...Big time!
    I agree with you 100% here...

Yesterday it was Brutal... and it came from one of my close friends... The time for official Capos is NOW. Otherwise it's going to be like the Wild Wilde West out there with everyone shooting off chants as they please

We need 2-3 Capos in Section 112

and

We need 1-2 Capos in Section 111
    Last edited by FluSH; 05-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    Like the ribbons.. when people were starting on about them too.. its more becomming a big bitch session then supporting the team lately imo anyways.
    I think I missed that day... what ribbons?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw one section actually handing out a chant/song to its group. Could we consider that? That way everyone will know the words. So long as, of course, they don't end up blowing all over the pitch along with the streamers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBaby View Post
    I saw one section actually handing out a chant/song to its group. Could we consider that? That way everyone will know the words. So long as, of course, they don't end up blowing all over the pitch along with the streamers.

I think this is something that TFC HO should head up with the support of all the supporters group.

They should be handing out supporters group approved song sheets to the whole stadium every game.

That's more of a suggestion than a demand BTW....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBaby View Post

I believe that was Sparta in Section 110.... he did a great thing yesterday!! Check the Songs / Chants section...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

masrawy

and don't get me wrong I like choreo... but too me the chanting/sound aspect comes first... then all of the extras can fit in... that's just my take.
    Go look at this thread I started on our forum after last night's game, I don't disagree with you, I just believe the visual is pretty important.

I was just venting about the dude that likes to gossip with his friends about us after the game. Again, if you're "disappointed" with how your section is, don't bitch and fucking do something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go look at this thread I started on our forum after last night's game, I don't disagree with you, I just believe the visual is pretty important.

I was just venting about the dude that likes to gossip with his friends about us after the game. Again, if you're "disappointed" with how your section is, don't bitch and fucking do something.

That first post on your thread is EPIC lol... the chanting has been brutal this year in the South End... down right brutal.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Flush, I invite you into 110 next game....you'll be able to see it all from there! It'll give you a better understanding as to what is really going on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the footyblog's Joe Ross sayz:

∙ Every game should kick off half an hour later than what’s listed on the match ticket. The majority of fans got in their seats before kickoff, and the atmosphere was ten times better than the New York match.
    sorry but if people are too lazy to get to the game on time their deserve to miss out. work/ family excepted there is no reason not to get to a game on time. as far as the supporters performance goes, it has gone down a bit, but that has more to do with 2-3 chants going at differnent
    times/locations, until that is sorted people won't know whats happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    sorry but if people are too lazy to get to the game on time their deserve to miss out.
    Joe Ross wasn't complaining on their behalf, he was complaining that not enough people get to the game on time.