Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    115-118 is getting louder and louder every game,sometimes even louder than 111-114,and that creates problem now,one side can't hear the other.
    We don't chant in unison,CAPOS are more than needed.
    This is true! the atmosphere in 117 keeps getting better, although the amount of chants we know doesn't increase.

Capos who know the chants would help

It sounds lame to blame stuff on the wind, but i also think that was a factor today, blowing the sound back into our faces. although no excuse. I think i heard 112 once during the massive... which is supper unusual, i can only think it was a combo of the south-end echo and the wind.

Walk on!
    Last edited by graeme117; 05-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched on TV. 1st half was a lot better. Chants seemed more in unison (although still sporadic) but better.
    2nd half is a dif story. Until the 60-65min, it was super quiet. All I heard was the dude on the megaphone trying to get the Marco Velez chant going, which got annoying really fast. No clue where it was coming from though.
    Although like el trueno rojo saved the day. Man that thing is LOUD! Heard it PERFECTLY on tv. Even better than the last game I was at (NYRB).

But about the anthems, I have to agree. south end seems too fast almost and I was in 111. Seems like their was a rush to get the anthem done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know whats also bullshit? Our chants are getting shittier and shittier as time goes on. Before, we had plenty of amazing chants IMO and we did them right. Now during a game I only hear "this is our house", "TFC", and sometimes TFC Massive. Everyone wanted to keep it simple but i think this is a horrible idea in the first place. Me and my brother in my section know every chant in the book and chant them continuously. Its sad bec i look over at the south end and we def. are not half as good as I thought we were last year.

I am sick of this is our house. I've heard it way too mcuh this year..its time to add some new chants. Its very tiring being the only chanting in my section but thats what i get for getting seasons late..but seriously though, its time to start singing new songs / bring back some old ones and get everyone singing them long and hard.

Another problem is people think this is a party and a family event now. Slowly its starting to become some family section in 106. Some people brought a BABY, who was SLEEPING, to the game. they didnt even pay attention to the game! I felt so bad chanting bec i didnt want to wake the baby up ( I know im a nice guy eh?).

We have to realise that we are here to support TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dichio chant was a bit weak today, It could be because Columbus was mounting their only charge during that time. Though it may have been suggested before I think that if we assign a chant to each 10 minute interval then the supporters section would be better unified. Now I don't mean that this is the only time that we should sing but the fact that 4+ chants are going on at any given moment on the south side results in a lot of white noise.

Say we sing "Oh when the reds..." in the 10th minute, "Ohhh Toronto" in the 20th minute...etc. This will surely unite the supporters in song after a few games (I know in my section, 115, "One man and his dog" is sung in the 70th minute of every game, it started with just a few guys and now a good lot of the section sings it).

With that said, I am not saying we should get rid of the spontaneously started chants, it's just important that we have some sort of structure if we hope to present a united front.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the game on tv today and would have to say i didn't hear many chants other than 7 nation army and "This is our house". Maybe it was the wind? Maybe the CBC mics sucked today? Not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.
    no way the speakers are way too loud in the north end of the stadium. Maybe spread out the speakers through out the stadium will help you hear and save the hearing of the people in the north end

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing:

People have ideas of creating these amazing chants with mulitple verses and choruses and all that flash. It never works. I think it's great that they're getting into the spirit of things and printing off songbooks and stuff like that, but it's just not gonna fly.

Simplicity is the way to go. It may sound unoriginal but it's the only way to get a few thousand TFC fans on the same page.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    The Dichio chant was a bit weak today, It could be because Columbus was mounting their only charge during that time. Though it may have been suggested before I think that if we assign a chant to each 10 minute interval then the supporters section would be better unified. Now I don't mean that this is the only time that we should sing but the fact that 4+ chants are going on at any given moment on the south side results in a lot of white noise.

Say we sing "Oh when the reds..." in the 10th minute, "Ohhh Toronto" in the 20th minute...etc. This will surely unite the supporters in song after a few games (I know in my section, 115, "One man and his dog" is sung in the 70th minute of every game, it started with just a few guys and now a good lot of the section sings it).

With that said, I am not saying we should get rid of the spontaneously started chants, it's just important that we have some sort of structure if we hope to present a united front.
    the 'one man and his dog' chant is the only one i know that lasts over a minute, sounds cool, and is getting more and more followers. i sing it in row 9 of 115 but i have to admit not too many around are doing the same.

great chant with some good foot stomping, love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im telling you guys, this chant would be fookin wicked.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w1vCTAgHdDA

except just go...

ooo, ooo, ooo, We love you Toronto (or something along those lines ending in Torontooo). And just repeat.

It's simple, catchy and will sound wicked if we can have mreo then 2 sections do it together.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    The best chant of the day was from the special needs guy a few seats down from me in 127.

Who sucks donkey dicks?
    The Crew sucks donkey dicks!

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they weren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.
    no no, best chant of the day was "Chia Pet", even his fellow team mate subs laughed at him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field is great all around, I think people outside of the usual spots are picking up on the chants and songs and getting involved, good to see, I think the supporters are starting to expand the passion beyond them and getting others to catch it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    that U-Sector puts together some pretty bitching songs. .
    I agree... their forza tfc keeps popping into my mind first when I think of TFC (non player) chants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving a little nudge to people you don't see singing in the south end might help too. and I mean nudge...not like trying to force them to sing, but just look and encouraging elbow or "come on sing!" between lines.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Giving a little nudge to people you don't see singing in the south end might help too. and I mean nudge...not like trying to force them to sing, but just look and encouraging elbow or "come on sing!" between lines.
    what's more important though, them singing, or them singing the song with the correct lyrics?

They might not sing because they don't know the lyrics, and I'd rather have a bunch of people not singing, than a bunch of people who try to, but end up singing the song wrong or with the wrong lyrics

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wind was wrecking everything.

However...one thing that I did notice in 118...there were a lot of new faces. There was a couple behind me that I never saw before that were sitting for large parts of the game and didn't sing once. That is not a good sign.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Here's the thing:

People have ideas of creating these amazing chants with mulitple verses and choruses and all that flash. It never works. I think it's great that they're getting into the spirit of things and printing off songbooks and stuff like that, but it's just not gonna fly.

Simplicity is the way to go. It may sound unoriginal but it's the only way to get a few thousand TFC fans on the same page.
    QFT...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    Some people brought a BABY, who was SLEEPING, to the game. they didnt even pay attention to the game! I felt so bad chanting bec i didnt want to wake the baby up ( I know im a nice guy eh?).

We have to realise that we are here to support TFC.
    That sucks big time and please don't get me wrong but I show up to watch a game not to be a part of the show. I like to join in on the chants as they start around me. I'll be damned if I'm supposed to keep it cool and just keep chanting while Robert smacks one off the hardwood or Robbo makes a great tackle and then punts it back to the opposition(both happened yesterday in the middle of chants). Last year we had better chanting than we have had so far this year. This year we have a much better team. I'm good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, besides THIS IS OUR HOUSE and a trickle of Dichio 23:13, I couldn't hear anything representative of a supporters group chanting.

Big step backwards the last few games... =[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of it has to do with the quality of the team...more people are focused on the play on the pitch...I know I am anyway as well as the people around me. I do chant when the timing is right as I don't think it needs to be constant from everyone.

MY favourite is the one that goes: T.O oh oh, T.O oh oh, la la la la la

I think we that one shoule be keot going longer and stronger....

As for the National Anthem, I've made the suggestion that they start the music at the begining then let the fans take over and stop the music.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there were A LOT of people at the game who don't regularly go (due to long weekend probably). it was a sea of unfamiliar faces in my row and the rows in front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I didnt recognise alot of the people in 126 tday at all.. and shit was it deadsville for the 1st 30 mins. WE started getting people going after that, but it was bad when the 5 yr old girl STANDING infront of me was louder then 95% of our section.

I still think we can do it, but it seems to me now to be more of a competition then a community thing.. if one section thinks anothers chants are lame people get all pissy and whine here or glare, cause its way easier then to actually put some work in and get it going I guess.

We just gotta keep at it, we'll get better :P

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    i think there were A LOT of people at the game who don't regularly go (due to long weekend probably). it was a sea of unfamiliar faces in my row and the rows in front.
    we were saying that up in 110 as well... seemed like a lot of regulars gave their tickets away because of the long weekend, and there were quite a few people around us who simply didnt know what was going on in terms of chants/songs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.
    I completely agree. I'm not saying you gus are to blame, I'm saying it needs to be fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it was one of the weakest games ever. I have noticed this year that we start of well, but die out at the start of the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The long weekend could have had a lot of season ticket holders selling their tickets and heading up to the cottage. I did notice quite a few new faces.

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    That sucks big time and please don't get me wrong but I show up to watch a game not to be a part of the show. I like to join in on the chants as they start around me. I'll be damned if I'm supposed to keep it cool and just keep chanting while Robert smacks one off the hardwood or Robbo makes a great tackle and then punts it back to the opposition(both happened yesterday in the middle of chants). Last year we had better chanting than we have had so far this year. This year we have a much better team. I'm good
    QFT.

Could it be that major part of the issue, is that it's all becoming so forced.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-4-Life View Post
    I think that it was one of the weakest games ever. I have noticed this year that we start of well, but die out at the start of the second half.

a lot of that is because half the stadium is buying food at the start of the second half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a big mistake IMO is doing simple chants. Its not about getting everyone involved because that will never happen, its about being loud and having chants together and holding them for a long time. TFC, this our house, etc. I am starting to hate those chants. I want chants more like Ohhh Toronto, I am going crazy, oh yes its true! type of thing, and maybe signing my town and Legend TFc. We are going backwards it seems.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    I think a big mistake IMO is doing simple chants. Its not about getting everyone involved because that will never happen, its about being loud and having chants together and holding them for a long time. TFC, this our house, etc. I am starting to hate those chants. I want chants more like Ohhh Toronto, I am going crazy, oh yes its true! type of thing, and maybe signing my town and Legend TFc. We are going backwards it seems.
    I don't think we did "This is our house" more than once in the southend.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    The chanting wasn't so good this game, but it's still better than anything last year.

And show me one other group in the stadium that has a tifo for every game. None? Though so, tell you friends to come air their grievances with us in the front row if they're "disappointed" with us, how about they be part of the solution because we're not there to please them.
    Dude, but when has it ever been about TIFOs? What is a TIFO? I even hate using that word...

Everyone supports the team differently... You don't see 'TIFOs' used widely in Latin America... it happens but not every game.

If support was about 'TIFO's' then Asians would be the best supporters in the WORLD, and we would be striving to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz5l...eature=related

I personally think that shit above is cool, but It's just not me... I wanna drink my beer; and chant my lungs away.

Support means something different for everyone
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS