Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Supporters Performance?

Just wondering on what you feel was OUR performance today in the stands? Was it good? Was it bad?

The reason I am asking this is because I want to see what our expectations are. I feel like the atmosphere is not as good as it was last year for some reason...maybe its just me?! I don't know.

How does it feel in the south end? Do we have a Capo going there?! NEE is good as always, but the south end from my view in 106 looks like it isn't into the chanting as much as it was last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I unfortunately watched this game on TV and I have to say I think overall the atmosphere we create may not be as goos as we all think it is. I could hear the dig drum no problem but I couldn't make out any chant but "This is our house" which sounded amazingly lame and Seven Nation Army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny you say that about NEE, the few people I talk to are very dissapointed with NEE section this year. They have season's in that section.

I do feel the chanting has taken a lower step down this year, for some reason but I do not know why. Maybe we need new chants I dunno!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    Just wondering on what you feel was OUR performance today in the stands? Was it good? Was it bad?

The reason I am asking this is because I want to see what our expectations are. I feel like the atmosphere is not as good as it was last year for some reason...maybe its just me?! I don't know.

How does it feel in the south end? Do we have a Capo going there?! NEE is good as always, but the south end from my view in 106 looks like it isn't into the chanting as much as it was last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The major problem we have in the south end is that there are always like 2-4 chants going on at once. I was sitting in 110, and at any given time I could hear one chant going on in 112/113, a different one in like 111/110 and then another in 114-118ish. Even in 111/110 I could hear like 3 different chants going on at once in that section. People will be doing one chant, and someone else above will start another.

I'm not sure how we're going to unite the south end, maybe a few capo's who are working together and start the same chants at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sab0tage View Post
    The major problem we have in the south end is that there are always like 2-4 chants going on at once. I was sitting in 110, and at any given time I could hear one chant going on in 112/113, a different one in like 111/110 and then another in 114-118ish. Even in 111/110 I could hear like 3 different chants going on at once in that section. People will be doing one chant, and someone else above will start another.

I'm not sure how we're going to unite the south end, maybe a few capo's who are working together and start the same chants at the same time.
    bingo. the problem is unity now. there is a conflict between the three loudest sections where i am. 114, 113, 112 are not in sync. the top of 114 is alot noisier this year, but unfortunaley either sing a completly different chant, or are half a step off. i was talking to my neighbor about it. not to be nasty, but it sometimes appears to be done on purpose. hopefully not. need more comms between 112/113/114.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did notice that the Dichio chant was crap - I could hear faint strains of it in the 22nd and 23rd minutes before it peaked a bit in the 24th and then died.

The place still sounded loud, though, in spite of all the empty seats there appeared to be.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 3498343 chants going on at every min of the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in 114 and we had this discussion at the half today....the atmosphere is a little more quiet then last year but I think the main reason is because there is actual good footie being played on the field this season and that's where a lot of people are focusing now.

my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the footyblog's Joe Ross sayz:

∙ Every game should kick off half an hour later than what’s listed on the match ticket. The majority of fans got in their seats before kickoff, and the atmosphere was ten times better than the New York match.

olegunnar

The best chant of the day was from the special needs guy a few seats down from me in 127.

Who sucks donkey dicks?
    The Crew sucks donkey dicks!

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they weren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.
    Last edited by olegunnar; 05-17-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spell, I've had a few

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in 111 today and I have to agree that things seemed a little more subdued than usual. I think Eastend is right about the fact that people are focusing on what's happening on the pitch, because the quality of the football is much better than last year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    The best chant of the day was from the special needs guy a few seats down from me in 127.

Who sucks donkey dicks?
    The Crew sucks donkey dicks!

It was like I was in The Ringer. Good for them though, when they wren't shuffling back and forth to get food (corn, hot dogs, nachos, pizza) they really seemed to enjoy themselves.
    Y a I do agree , we need more retards at the game..
    I thought this year was going to be massive but I am getting that weird feeling that TFC is already fading for some people.. The experience seems to be wearing a little ..

Hope I am wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb. Our atmosphere is nowhere near as good as we think it it, there are simple way too many chants going on at once.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb.

I dunno about dumb, but it doesn't sound good. At the centre we can clearly hear the PA, and yeah, the south gets ahead of the music for some reason.

I agree that a united south would help alot. Not much chance of the 220's joining the chants if 115-118 don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    Its funny you say that about NEE, the few people I talk to are very dissapointed with NEE section this year. They have season's in that section.

I do feel the chanting has taken a lower step down this year, for some reason but I do not know why. Maybe we need new chants I dunno!!
    Huh? NEE is doing so much more this year, i dont think theres been a game so far without some form of TIFO, cant even say half that about the southend.
    In my eyes exactly what the other MLS supporters said was going to happen is happening, only differents is its mostly because everyones getting full of themselves and not because everyones losing interest, my proof for this is the fact that in the first 3 home games we had a thread talking about how the dichio song was "so last season" and how we are "over streamers", i think some people should stop worrying about how our support is recieved across the MLS/World and more about the lads on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Honestly, guys in the south end singing the Canadian anthem like 4 beats ahead make it sound so dumb. Our atmosphere is nowhere near as good as we think it it, there are simple way too many chants going on at once.
    There are no speakers in the south end.... so all we hear is ourselves. We have no idea where we are in the national anthem. Maybe the stadium should turn up the volume for it... pretty simple solution.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm finding that in terms of ambient noise, we're still the loudest in the league. When it comes to songs and chants, we are very chaotic and that's what really needs to be addressed. Connie and I both agreed that some of the guys towards the top of 112 have to acknowledge the fact that U-Sector puts together some pretty bitching songs. They've been very accomodating for us and I think we need to do the same for them. Hearing a good portion of section all singing the same song than trying to sing a completely different one over them is stupid.

As for the anthem, I think if we could hear the music better we'd probably all be on the correct timing.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-17-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capo? or Unite the whole South End?

BTW, are there any people that act as a "Capo" between the sections at least, or some form of communication?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Kinda. The most common form of communication between sections is having one or two guys looking over and shouting. Zac has his megaphone and it seems to work well to get our attention.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wind runined us today. The national anthem as shit, because we couldn't hear it. End of story. I stopped singing half way through because I knew we were off. Hats off to the few that turned around so the top of 112 could hear the bottom...thanks guys...we did our best. Whoever was sitting in the top of 113...I admire you efforts...BUT LISTEN TO WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND YOU. They tired to start chants, but weren't paying attention to what was going on with the rest of the section.

And then there were the two twats sitting behind us. I'm not a violent person...but I coulda punched someone.

After today... a unified South End is further away from what we think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today was my first and last in 125...I was expecting good things from the NEE. The only chant I heard was the one to the Columbus reserves"Your not Playing"...very lame. There was no supportings songs for our lads that I could hear.

masrawy

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    The chanting wasn't so good this game, but it's still better than anything last year.

And show me one other group in the stadium that has a tifo for every game. None? Though so, tell you friends to come air their grievances with us in the front row if they're "disappointed" with us, how about they be part of the solution because we're not there to please them.

masrawy

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Today was my first and last in 125...I was expecting good things from the NEE. The only chant I heard was the one to the Columbus reserves"Your not Playing"...very lame. There was no supportings songs for our lads that I could hear.
    That was 126 jack ass, we did that chant two or three times max during the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jings View Post
    Quoted for fucking truth...what a miserable place 125 is.

Where were you? I was on the aisle between 126 and 125 and it was definitely the worst place I've been so far

Except I like the "You're not playing chant", at least the casuals got into that one..

Keep fighting the good fight NEE, because, if today is any indication, helping wake 125 up is going to be a hell of a challenge
    Last edited by Daveisonfire; 05-17-2008 at 10:08 PM.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    The chanting wasn't so good this game, but it's still better than anything last year.

And show me one other group in the stadium that has a tifo for every game. None? Though so, tell you friends to come air their grievances with us in the front row if they're "disappointed" with us, how about they be part of the solution because we're not there to please them.
    If they want to move out, i will take their seats.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    Quoted for fucking truth...what a miserable place 125 is.

Where were you? I was on the aisle between 126 and 125 and it was definitely the worst place I've been so far

Except I like the "You're not playing chant", at least the casuals got into that one..

Keep fighting the good fight NEE, because, if today is any indication, helping wake 125 up is going to be a hell of a challenge
    Dude....we could release an atomic bomb and you still would hear it in 125.

Go to 114 and tell me if you hear 112? You can't. The people in 106, 107..etc hear us 100 times louder than the guy in 126.

Samething with the southend, we can hear them better than the people in the southend. Somethings have nothing to do with how the groups "performance" is and more so with accoustics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    Dude....we could release an atomic bomb and you still wouldn't hear it in 125.

Go to 114 and tell me if you hear 112? You can't. The people in 106, 107..etc hear us 100 times louder than the guy in 126.

Samething with the southend, we can hear them better than the people in the southend. Somethings have nothing to do with how the groups "performance" is and more so with accoustics.
    Good thing you made that point, I should have included it in my post for sure.

But I mean, even if the acoustics were fine, I don't think the people in 125 would do shit all anyways...(obviously some exceptions)

Its a knock against the people in 125, not North End Elite who I think are fantastic! [loved seeing the giant jersey again]

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post
    Good thing you made that point, I should have included it in my post for sure.

But I mean, even if the acoustics were fine, I don't think the people in 125 would do shit all anyways...(obviously some exceptions)

Its a knock against the people in 125, not North End Elite who I think are fantastic! [loved seeing the giant jersey again]
    I know what you mean...we even had a chant STAND UP 126 and even that didn't work.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think uniting the stadium will start with the south. Maybe we need to revisit the anthem discussion. Much better performance on the pitch will mean more people watching the game. Would it be easier to sing a song than keep up with a chant ... I dunno mayb worth a shot though.

throwing my two cents in too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    bingo. the problem is unity now. there is a conflict between the three loudest sections where i am. 114, 113, 112 are not in sync. the top of 114 is alot noisier this year, but unfortunaley either sing a completly different chant, or are half a step off. i was talking to my neighbor about it. not to be nasty, but it sometimes appears to be done on purpose. hopefully not. need more comms between 112/113/114.
    115-118 is getting louder and louder every game,sometimes even louder than 111-114,and that creates problem now,one side can't hear the other.
    We don't chant in unison,CAPOS are more than needed.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !