Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this thread brings me back. All the best for Mo's future efforts. To me, he will always be the player who brought the grass to BMO. I do find the following little comment interesting, and wonder what the OP would say now if he wasn't banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Smenge View Post
    De Guzman is a bum, and now he is playing for the Dutch national team at the Olympics. Altidore was a prick, we hated him, and now he plays for one of Spain's top teams, Edu played for the worst team in MLS history in 2007. He hoped to be part of something better this season, it didn't happen, and now he joins the elite young North American players leaving for Europe. The message here is that MLS will continue to be a bum league as long as these players leave. The criticisms of Edu are ridiculous. When the team faltered last year, he was the best player. Can you blame him for losing interest? Mo promised great new additions, and we got Harmse. Edu's leaving simply demonstrates how smart he is, and not regretting this move, demonstrates how stupid some of you are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I have a pretty good memory. I don’t think Altidore was “hated” here in his NYRB days (or even noticed that much tbh). He wasn’t there that long. How much do you notice/hate, say, Jordan Morris today?

Angel was the guy we noticed.

The guy that was hated on that team was Kovalenko.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”