Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    Is it just me or have we the fans just been screwed like a 5 dollar hooker?

Dont get me wrong I thought Edu was underachieving this year and looked lost in our midfield but I would have much rather have traded him for an MLS player rather than MLSE and MLS make a pile of dough.

I'd like to hear about how this money is being invested in the team and not lining the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund's pockets. I think we deserve something out of this. A DP next year and some real grass would make me feel a hell of alot better.
    I somewhat agree. Even though I was ecstatic to see him sold for nearly 6 million dollars, the fact that the money may not be re-invested in the club is definitely concerning to me. Lets be honest ... MLSE doesn't need whatever fraction of the pie that's coming this way ..... they have more than enough money to improve the roster, facilities, and coaching as it is. I'm not quite sure how the league makes sure that the club re-invests the money in improving itself but irrespective of that, I think the 500k cap space or whatever is good enough in itself. In addition, since the transfer figure is public knowledge, maybe the TFC FO will be more inclined to make any improvements since they know fully well that the fans will not just sit on their hands watching the club roll in the dough at their expense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Case of Harp? Are ya nuts? Celtic supporters drink Harp. Rangers are probably into Deuchar's IPA. Gers don't do Irish eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many goals did edu score for TFC anyway??? Was he a magnificent playmaker??

Toronto lost a decent player but they can replace him, all we need to worry about is replacing the chant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 million bucks? How much does grass cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is going to stay it says that he is still a toronto fc player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what comes to mind when I heard this was

NaNaNaNa NaNaNaNa Hey E-DU Goodbye!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I somewhat agree. Even though I was ecstatic to see him sold for nearly 6 million dollars, the fact that the money may not be re-invested in the club is definitely concerning to me. Lets be honest ... MLSE doesn't need whatever fraction of the pie that's coming this way ..... they have more than enough money to improve the roster, facilities, and coaching as it is. I'm not quite sure how the league makes sure that the club re-invests the money in improving itself but irrespective of that, I think the 500k cap space or whatever is good enough in itself. In addition, since the transfer figure is public knowledge, maybe the TFC FO will be more inclined to make any improvements since they know fully well that the fans will not just sit on their hands watching the club roll in the dough at their expense.
    60% of the money is split up into thirds if im not mistaken, 1 for the academy, one for transfers for players and one for salaries. MLSE will not let it sit. You guys really need to get over the leafs and their issues.