Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo Edu On His Way Out?

According to the Soccer Insider by Steve Goff, the Glasgow Rangers are bidding $5m for Edu.

What do you think? Is he ready enough/mature to move on? Will TFC suffer MORE without our rookie of the year?

I personally think Edu was a bit slower this year, and players like Hemming/Rosenlund can fill in that CM gap left by Edu.

But, either way, if TFC doesn't or does suffer with Edu's loss, we need more players, agreed?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu has been shit this year. He will tank at Rangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hasn't been doing that well for TFC this season, so why not sell him? 5 mill is nothing to sneeze at.

The only drawback is TFC is already short handed and with the window closed today, it is hard to get your hands on any players outside of the MLS unless they are free agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... that's a huge fee. Especially for Rangers since they're out of Europe for this year already. And players are definitely needed for this year regardless of his status.

Also Goff noted that: "Edu, the No. 1 overall pick from Maryland and rookie of the year last season, is scheduled to join the U.S. national team in Miami on Sunday to prepare for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier at Guatemala."

So TFC may not have Edu back for the match on Sunday as most had hoped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should ask for Steven Naismith or Kyle Lafferty on a season loan as part of the deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be too torn up over this. I'd be happier that we got some cash to spend on a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hammered (really)...and I'll I can say is this isn't unexpected and makes me think what other player can't be sold at a profit. Mo Edu is all hype and no play. If the USA had Cunningham as their starting striker in U23, he would be a target. Europe scouting is amazingly aweful. Thats why players become so expensive to european clubs....they wait until someone else talks about them... I can't see straight...fuck Edu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he goes, it will leave a hole in the roster but carver is misusing him anyway so if someone is really willing to fork out $5 million, I'd take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu to me is a tweener. Not skilled enough to play CM, not physical enough to play CB. We'll see how he does I guess, he certainly has held his own internationally and still young enough to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt we would let him go this season -- we wouldn't be able to fill the spot. After the season is over? Maybe. Also, I don't think Edu has been playing as bad as people think.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let him go, 2.5 mil for TFC to sign a DP for next year.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see him coming back in 18 months or so and the Galaxy picking him up because of the allocation list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmmmmmmm, so loads of people here complain that Mo hasn't signed anybody before the deadline, yet embrace getting rid of a player when we have no real depth...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the teddy bears on this board? Are you shaking your heads or what? Gers seem to have an MLS crush. Look out. From our pov I don't want him to go since we are still in this. But that is a lot of $$$ and we know how MO is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if Mo had contributed more this year I'd hate this move... but I'm surprisingly unconcerned about it. $5mil is a lot of dough and way too much for Edu given what he's shown.
    His hype is far greater than his actual performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone has been expecting too much from him (also i dont think hes played as well as he could/should), that being said, i dont mind him being sold off as we have more talent on the team this year, sadly not the depth. I wont be happy to see him come back to another team (especially as he will be out of this years funk or what have you)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly the hype machine expects too much from him. but I don't think we are.
    we as fans are just expecting him to play as well or better than last year.
    i think he's regressed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    certainly the hype machine expects too much from him. but I don't think we are.
    we as fans are just expecting him to play as well or better than last year.
    i think he's regressed.
    i think the same way and also you know that sooner or later he would go to europe might as well pull the deal now but i hope we could sign someone as well for all the allocation money we collected ....Hmm Mo !
    :scarf:TFC #1
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea
    Away Trips: Columbus 08, DC 08,New England 09,Seattle 09, New York 09,New England 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just TFC View Post
    According to the Soccer Insider by Steve Goff, the Glasgow Rangers are bidding $5m for Edu.

What do you think? Is he ready enough/mature to move on? Will TFC suffer MORE without our rookie of the year?

I personally think Edu was a bit slower this year, and players like Hemming/Rosenlund can fill in that CM gap left by Edu.

But, either way, if TFC doesn't or does suffer with Edu's loss, we need more players, agreed?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/
    Although Edu has been playing well below par this season, I disagree with you with respects to Hemming and Roselund. They are certainly not ready to be starters in this league. They are nice bench players, but in no way do they possess the quality to be in the starting XI.
    I honestly think that some people have Maple Leaf syndrome on this forum. The way we constantly overvalue certain individuals on this team amazes me (particularly the Canadian talent). We are talking about (in most cases) very young and inexperienced players. If guys like Roselund, Hemming, Gala and Attakora were can't miss prospects, they would be plying their trade across the pond. Right now, they are what they are, good role players who are learning to play at this level. Management is doing a good job with them slowly bringing them into the fold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get r done MO .... Im sure well be able to replace him with someone in our reserve squad...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much of that 5 million would TFC be entitled to?
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15% or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dont know who we will replace him with,
    Harmse?
    no
    Rosenlund?
    No
    We wont find a suitable replacement till next season if he leaves this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Exactly, wait the season out then if he wants to go, let him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    I'm hammered (really)...and I'll I can say is this isn't unexpected and makes me think what other player can't be sold at a profit. Mo Edu is all hype and no play. If the USA had Cunningham as their starting striker in U23, he would be a target. Europe scouting is amazingly aweful. Thats why players become so expensive to european clubs....they wait until someone else talks about them... I can't see straight...fuck Edu
    This is the funniest thread of the week.

You really need to post more when you're plastered.

And yet...I agree with it all!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I believe the the percentage is something like this (although I am not 100% sure)

Trasnfer fee "x"
    Player 10%
    Team 40%
    MLS 50%

*** I just checked online (it was somewhat difficult to find) but it actually goes like this:

Player 10%
    MLS 30%
    Team 60% but are not allowed to spend more than 500k on a replacement for the player which apparently killed the chances of Robbie Fowler heading to the Revs after Dempsey left for Fulham.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 08-15-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. How much of the fee does EA get? That's the only way this makes sense - scouting by video game cover art.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Where are the teddy bears on this board? Are you shaking your heads or what? Gers seem to have an MLS crush. Look out. From our pov I don't want him to go since we are still in this. But that is a lot of $$$ and we know how MO is...
    you would have to think the rangers braintrust(oxymoron intended) asked Beasley about Edu..
    If he's used properly I think he'll do fine if he goes over...and having Beasley there to help him adjust to the Glesca way of life won't hurt..

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance Edu can deal with the SPL. A red card tackle in MLS barely gets a second look in Scotland. Just wait till those cold nights up in Inverness when he gets munched by some 19 year old trying to make a name for himself.

I hope Celtic play Bobo Balde just once this season so that he can break Edu's legs.

Good riddence you overhyped - big headed - underperforming donkey.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL! Mikey! Tell us how you REALLY feel...

You'd better hope he gets dealt now because what if he winds up playing a couple more years for us?