Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default And it continues... LA Galaxy the new Cosmos?

Freddie Ljungberg is considering an offer to join David Beckham at LA Galaxy in a bid to crack America. (Daily Mirror)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Freddie Ljungberg is considering an offer to join David Beckham at LA Galaxy in a bid to crack America. (Daily Mirror)
    probably explains why they are trying to get rid of Ruiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will still suck. They have a terrible defense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just bothers me that there seems to be concessions for this team. How can moving Ruiz create enough of a gap to bring in Freddie? I'm sure the numbers will be fudged somewhere. The league NEEDS LA to be in the playoffs and do well. Garber will do his best to ensure this happens.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...sometimes it's hard to keep interested in this league..
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be surprised if this actually happens. As Real G said they need defenders and with Corey Gibbs coming back - an obvious upgrade to the tripe they have at the back (not including Jazic of course as he has been playing Mid) this may be your typical agent trying to use the MLS to up the European offers.

If Lalas does this... it will be one more nail in his coffin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    at least they are trying to make them self better, give them credit there. thats more than i can say for TFC management. the only player we've gotten since the transfer window opened (and we've been on that 12 game winless streak) was the one that was handed to us (literally since MO wanted Rolfe or Mapp and got barrett), not even a single signing and it doesnt look like there will be. if anything i respect LA more than TFC right now, and i never thought I’d say that.
    If all it takes to earn your respect as a club, is to be linked to POSSIBLE transfers during the summer window, then BEHOLD!

- Dickov
    - Sukur
    - Huckerby
    - Nuno Gomes

LA is first in the allocation line-up, and assuming he wants to play in Los Angeles (they always do), then they were basically handed this signing too.

Though I'm interested to see what rules MLS bends to make this work financially. Assuming it even happens, of course.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but you said LA was trying to make itself better.. not sure how?? other than getting rid of Xavier

i can't really think of anything LA has done to improve itself since the season started....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    but you said LA was trying to make itself better.. not sure how?? other than getting rid of Xavier

i can't really think of anything LA has done to improve itself since the season started....
    by actively perusing players still… Mo came out and said there wont be a DP untill next season, thats kinda like writing off the season considering the state of the team right now. So I give LA credit for not writing off their season like mo has with ours, even though they are struggling too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflating "players" and "DP"...disappointing...usually your posts are crystalline...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is not getting a dp mean that Mo has sacrificed the season? last time i checked, the two time MLS champion has no DP...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    why is not getting a dp mean that Mo has sacrificed the season? last time i checked, the two time MLS champion has no DP...
    nor does the 2008 Superliga winner...i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny how that works init

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ask the commish

I've posed the question to the commissioner (or whoever the hell checks the email). I think more people should ask the same question and see if the league has the balls to reply with an answer

askthecommissioner@mlsnet.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonguy3 View Post
    I've posed the question to the commissioner (or whoever the hell checks the email). I think more people should ask the same question and see if the league has the balls to reply with an answer

askthecommissioner@mlsnet.com

your wasting your time, i've emailed him so may times and never got a response... but i guess it never hurts to try.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just bothers me that there seems to be concessions for this team. How can moving Ruiz create enough of a gap to bring in Freddie? I'm sure the numbers will be fudged somewhere. The league NEEDS LA to be in the playoffs and do well. Garber will do his best to ensure this happens.
    It should do more than just bother all of us. To me it's so obvious that Garber has to make LA the league champs before Beckham's contract expires, or he'll face ridicule for a marketing catastrophe. LA needs to win because the club and league has to justify the expense of bringing one of the biggest names in the sport over to North America. All these concessions to the Galaxy is to better help their standings in the league.

Screw fairness and neutrality with this league. Garber wants the Galaxy to dominate and become the flagship club of MLS. And to be honest, with the lack of criticism TFC has shown towards the current regime, I've got half a mind to think they're completely okay with the status quo.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Vs. LA MLS Cup Final @ BMO?
    Hmm...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd compare the Galaxy more to the MetroStars. At least the Cosmos won somethings sometimes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA = Retirement FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ck-1.html#more

Former U.S. national team defender Cory Gibbs will join the Los Angeles Galaxy as soon as he passes a physical, a source with knowledge of the move told SBI late Friday.
    Gibbs finalized his MLS contract on Friday and LA will use its allocation spot, currently No. 1, to grab the oft-injured Gibbs. It is still unclear just how much Gibbs signed for, but it appears the Galaxy does have the salary cap space to fit Gibbs on its oversized salary cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post

except their team is good enough that they dont need a DP, ours is clearly not. and its easier to sign 1 impact player than to replace the whole team midway through the season. sad truth is we arent good enough to contend the way we are, houston is and thats why they dont need a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently, believe it or not, TFC holds the last playoff spot, and LA is lagging way behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    except their team is good enough that they dont need a DP, ours is clearly not. and its easier to sign 1 impact player than to replace the whole team midway through the season. sad truth is we arent good enough to contend the way we are, houston is and thats why they dont need a DP.
    going through a slump doesn't mean we can't contend, simply because we are contending. nothing has been written off. what you are seeing is the parity of the league. alot of the teams are of the same class. for us, a few injuries and call ups have hurt us, but it certainly isn't the end of the world, and is definately not a white flag.

as pointed out, we are ahead of LA, so having dp's haven't helped them, and when looking at it, have actually hurt them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they get Ljundberg, that will be scary...Im just glad their defense sucks, but if you can score goals in this league who needs defense anyways, they'll make the playoffs but thats about it. I agree, Im curious hwo they will get him on LA when he could clearly be a DP for any team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask anyone who's followed the league from day one and they have always bent over backwards to make sure LA and New York get the best players, won't change anytime soon.