Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We didn’t seem to have this much trouble landing players last season. I don’t know if it’s the word about the turf is making things tough or that Mo’s being over ambitious in the players he’s going in for.

If he doesn’t make a couple signings by the end of the transfer deadline, I’m going to change my name to UltraSuperMegaCarver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly believe it will be Dwayne De Rosario.

I think this year is the last hurrah for the Houston Dynamo with players such as Stuart Holden and Craig Waibel already rumoured to be going home to join the sounders.

DDR will be coming back to Canada....his move to FC Copenhagen looks like its off anyways.

What more can he achieve in Houston anyways....he wants to play here...he's said that several times...and he isn't getting any younger. I sincerely believe next year is the season...and we would be crazy not to give him the DP spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    according to these articles Houston has DeRo locked up through 2010

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.co...-2922283.shtml

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/234148
    To be fair though, if TFC offers Houston enough for him, and if he expresses a desire to go to Toronto, a deal could still happen.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ but who could we realisticly offer to houston for DeRo?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    ^ but who could we realisticly offer to houston for DeRo?
    Maurice Edu or Marvell Wynne. We also have 3 first round picks.

Edu's stock is still very high in the USA and Wynne is also starting on the Olympic team.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We shouldn't give Wynne away. He always gives 110%. Edu's been a bit sketchy this season, but that can still change.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kitchener-TFC View Post
    We shouldn't give Wynne away. He always gives 110%. Edu's been a bit sketchy this season, but that can still change.
    For DeRo, I'd give up Wynne.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    For DeRo, I'd give up Wynne.
    For Dero I'd give up my mother.
    I'd hate to trade Wynne though. He may not be a superstar but he's extraordinarily consistant.
    Dero is NOT DP material though. A DP should be a world class player known across the globe.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Maurice Edu or Marvell Wynne. We also have 3 first round picks.

Edu's stock is still very high in the USA and Wynne is also starting on the Olympic team.
    I've been thinking about that for a while now, actually. I don't think Houston would be up for a straight swap, but we can throw in some allocation money and a draft pick or something.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    On Extra Time...says 18 man roster is an extreme difficulty to overcome when you have injuries and call ups taking their toll. I agree...I am not sure any other team has as many call ups as we do since not only do we lose 2 Americans on a regular basis, but also 1 Welsh, 1 Jamaican and 2 Canadians.

The fact is that no other team loses as many players as we do. And then when you add the injuries, it leaves the team thin. And yeah...Mo can try to prepare for that...but only to a degree since he has to work within the cap, the roster limits and the international slots.

I have to agree with the man. As the only Canadian team, we are certainly at a disadvantage in that regard. The only part I don't agree is where he says he doesn't believe bringing a DP in the 1st or 2nd year is a good idea. I don't understand that. What exactly would happen if you did? We could certainly use one right now!

teams are not expected to win in their first 2 seasons of expansion and a DP would not promise we would be playing any better. leave thre DP till year 3 or 4 at the latest, and just continue to build the club the right way. Fans will just have to be patient in the short term.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really dont see DeRo coming next year.
    Dp maybe.
    DeRo prob not

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would't say it's an impossibility though. Yes he likes it in Houston...but at the end of the day he is a Toronto boy who has roots here as well and is probably split between the two.

I know that if I was a pro player, playing for a team in Toronto would definitely be a desire of mine. And from what DeRo has said, it seems to be a desire of his as well.

For some of us, playing at home means a lot. If it does to him, then it increases the chances of his coming. It doesn't make it a certainty, but a possibility. If he doesn't care where he plays, then coming to Toronto is an unlikelyhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I would't say it's an impossibility though. Yes he likes it in Houston...but at the end of the day he is a Toronto boy who has roots here as well and is probably split between the two.

I know that if I was a pro player, playing for a team in Toronto would definitely be a desire of mine. And from what DeRo has said, it seems to be a desire of his as well.

For some of us, playing at home means a lot. If it does to him, then it increases the chances of his coming. It doesn't make it a certainty, but a possibility. If he doesn't care where he plays, then coming to Toronto is an unlikelyhood.
    See I think Dero cares about where he plays. However; they place he wants to play is Houston. His wife loves it their and he has said to Houston media unless its a big time offer to Europe he sees himself staying in Houston.

Unless Houston is tired of Dero (and why the hell would they be) I don't see him going anywhere for years.

Just because someone is a GTA boy doesn't mean they want to play for TFC.

Yes its a packed house and yes the place is rocking. However their is many reasons why not to play in Toronto. I blieve a Scarbourough boy just recently pointed the finger at the supporters section

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I dunno about that. DeRo has been very receptive towards TFC since Day 1 and I think he really does want to play here in his hometown. I think Houston is just willing to give him more than our management was and that's it.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ I dunno about that. DeRo has been very receptive towards TFC since Day 1 and I think he really does want to play here in his hometown. I think Houston is just willing to give him more than our management was and that's it.

One of the things Houston gave him was a happier wife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Illuminati is involved to deny us a successful team in year 2. hahaha
    think about it, Mo is scottish, probably a mason, i see nothing good for us till at least 2012!