Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    The amount of entitlement it takes to form these opinions is out of this world. Giovinco flew back from a qualifier. Mini vacation? Insigne was there because his wife went into labour with their third child. As much as you both clearly think that athletes are robots that owe you something, they are human beings too. Give your heads a shake.
    Entitlements? Far from it. This was preplanned to have the baby in Italy. I am fine with that. Family 1st. They are humans but also employees who need to do the job they are paid to do. Still stand by my beliefs that Insigne could of flown back and played and flown back during this break for his mini vacation. People still upset that some still compare the two. Gio worth every $$, Insigne not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    He flew to Italy to see the birth of his child, after his wife previously had a miscarriage. What is happening on your head. I'd be fine if he missed a final for that. We were playing DC United at the beginning of June and you think he should run away from his family for that? To play DC United? Jeez Loiuse. Lost the plot over here.
    What is happening in my head? Lost the plot over here? Far too many sensitive people here. You know most mothers get discharged within 24 hours after birth? MLSE has the resources in place to make the trip back **POST** birth very smooth. He should have played last night and flown back. Very simple. You pamper a few and anger the rest, kind of like this board. TFC need to be careful this does not happen or we will be back in a Bradley situation very quickly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    What is happening in my head? Lost the plot over here? Far too many sensitive people here....

What part of

They had a daughter die during this process last time

do you not understand?

Let me give you a bit of advice: Go ask somebody who has watched their partner have a miscarriage what its like

Until then....I'd suggest deleting these posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Bernas / Gomis suspension and International duty is this the list of absentees for June 15th?

Berna
    Gomis
    Osorio
    Richie
    SJ
    Flores
    Etienne Jr

?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    In terms of TFC we are our own worst enemy at the moment. The refs are calling everything against us and that seems to be the MO.
    I hear you BUT the intensity this team plays with and the “next man up” mentality is a large part of our success here.

Maybe he’s got to take out his “lessons from CONCACAF” handbook about playing with an edge without running afoul of the officials.

I don’t want them to dial it down too far. If Flores can stay on the field as much as he has surely these other guys can use that as inspiration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    What part of

do you not understand?

Let me give you a bit of advice: Go ask somebody who has watched their partner have a miscarriage what its like

I am an Insigne supporter. That said, I disagree. Posts are fair. IMO, you are mixing up the chicken for the egg. Yes, it was or treated as if it was, likely a high-risk pregnancy given the past traumatic event they experienced. Also, why it warrants the speculation that Insigne’s wife was likely in Italy amongst family and friends beforehand; coming to full term. Any premise that they risked travel to just return and birth the child in Naples, Italy for citizenship reasons goes hard against that shared experience. Moreover, if the risk matter or need for care was so acute then he should have taken a leave of absence by your very reasoning. By all accounts the birth went well. Their socials seem to indicate so. It was a joyous occasion; the baby and mother are healthy, discharged and at home. Insigne was there, at some point for the before, during or after; with the possibility the birth was induced/cesarian. And it seems it all occurred in a timeline for him to travel back private or even commercial for the match.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-02-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I am an Insigne supporter. That said, I disagree. Posts are fair. IMO, you are mixing up the chicken for the egg. Yes, it was or treated as if it was, likely a high-risk pregnancy given the past traumatic event they experienced. Also, why it warrants the speculation that Insigne’s wife was likely in Italy amongst family and friends beforehand; coming to full term. Any premise that they risked travel to just return and birth the child in Naples, Italy for citizenship reasons goes hard against that shared experience. Moreover, if the risk matter or need for care was so acute then he should have taken a leave of absence by your very reasoning. By all accounts the birth went well. Their socials seem to indicate so. It was a joyous occasion; the baby and mother are healthy, discharged and at home. Insigne was there, at some point for the before, during or after; with the possibility the birth was induced/cesarian. And it seems it all occurred in a timeline for him to travel back private or even commercial for the match.
    I don't think his point was about logistics though. We all understand he could have physically been at the match. But considering the emotional toll of losing a child, spending some extra time with the family at the birth of their next child is reasonable. Family first isn't just a sentence or a platitude. He's putting his family first, above the football club I support, above his employer. Good for him.
    Last edited by MDH; 06-02-2024 at 09:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with Bernas / Gomis suspension and International duty is this the list of absentees for June 15th?

Berna
    Gomis
    Osorio
    Richie
    SJ
    Flores
    Etienne Jr

?
    flores and etienne jr should be back for the 15th.they play wwq on the 6th and 10th -11th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isn't a job on earth I'd prioritize over being at the birth of my child and football fans need to realize this is a job, that's all it is to the players. The fact they already lost a child only compounds that.

The harsh reality is a mid season game against DC United in a league where the regular season has been completely devalued is not worth not being there for your family. It's not worth much at all in the grand scheme of things. It is what it is. Not a chance I'd have shown if I was him. And not a chance I'd have asked him too if I was Herdman.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 06-02-2024 at 09:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago without Shaqiri is a different and much better team but even with all those absences, two weeks to prepare for a home game should mean a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That draw ruined my weekend. I dreamt about it last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOl, Molinaro's cynicism since being dicked around by official sources last year may have gone a wee bit too far. Outside of the fact that he's now perpetually pessimistic at some basic level, he started yesterday's presser with the question "Tough one to lose?" to Herdman.

"We didn't lose, John. We got a road point."

"Fair point."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive not seen a team get robbed by a refereeing team in a long, long time.

penalty was an absolute farce; if you give VAR pens for grappling in the box away from the ball, you get one every single corner, and most crosses.

amount of soft yellows we got, while DC got no yellows for similar actions was incredibly dodgy and seemingly corrupt.

the ref playing til the 102nd min inexplicably despite minimal stoppages is also insane.

not surprising that the ref only got his license in january. shouldnt be at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    flores and etienne jr should be back for the 15th.they play wwq on the 6th and 10th -11th
    Not as bad as I thought. Flores is so critical.

I was going to bring my Dad to the June 15th match but last night's suspensions are making me think otherwise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing i would say is we looked significantly worse defensively after rosted came on for petretta.

hurts badly that he's by far our highest paid CB and also our worst defender...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to know how this conversation went.

Was it an ask, a beg, a please come, maybe a tell but he said no.

Saying "we are working on it" and "pushing hard" indicates TFC wanted him back for the game.

But hey I am being insensitive is the feedback I was getting since asking why he did not fly back.

Waking the Red on X: "The last anyone knew on Friday, Lorenzo Insigne was still in Italy. John Herdman hasn't given up hope of him playing for #TFCLive in D.C. on Saturday night. #DCvTOR
    https://t.co/z0YfoZDcWv https://t.co/qfDnH5JCFw" / X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I see a 2nd yellow attained by an experienced player as stupidly as Bernadeschi’s was all I can think is either they want the next match off for a breather or they got someone they know to bet on them getting a red. So I guess that’s what I’ll chalk it up to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    ive not seen a team get robbed by a refereeing team in a long, long time.

penalty was an absolute farce; if you give VAR pens for grappling in the box away from the ball, you get one every single corner, and most crosses.

amount of soft yellows we got, while DC got no yellows for similar actions was incredibly dodgy and seemingly corrupt.

the ref playing til the 102nd min inexplicably despite minimal stoppages is also insane.

not surprising that the ref only got his license in january. shouldnt be at this level.
    Nine yellow cards vs. nil for DC tells you all you need to know about the referee. If this had happened to Miami or LAFC that referee would never referee another game again.

MLS is an American league run by Americans for Americans. The 3 Canadian clubs will always be 2nd class citizens in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^until Manning is gone and we win it all again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Herdman is afraid of Bernie ...and Bernie thinks he's above everything in MLS - including officials

Has he ever taken a good yellow?
    I think he has a bad reputation with the refs, he's always beaking off to them.

Although for the number of times he's fouled, he rarely gets a call in his favour so maybe that's it.

In general the team needs to be more disciplined and stop with the cry baby bs.
    Last edited by slidetackle; 06-02-2024 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Nine yellow cards vs. nil for DC tells you all you need to know about the referee. If this had happened to Miami or LAFC that referee would never referee another game again.

MLS is an American league run by Americans for Americans. The 3 Canadian clubs will always be 2nd class citizens in this league.
    As someone else here said...death, taxes, sports fans convinced there's a conspiracy against their team.

MLS cares about money, not nationality. And their referees are so bad every team with confirmation bias, which we all have, has enough evidence to prove the game is rigged against them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    As someone else here said...death, taxes, sports fans convinced there's a conspiracy against their team.

MLS cares about money, not nationality. And their referees are so bad every team with confirmation bias, which we all have, has enough evidence to prove the game is rigged against them
    I agree it’s (probably) not a conspiracy theory.

Now that said, I do believe in unconscious bias and we IMO suffer through the occasional bout of that. Throw in a smattering of general incompetence and it explains a lot about what we see on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honduras has world cup qualifiers June 6 and 9th, and then weirdly has a friendly June 16th.

Should we assume Flores will skip the friendly and be back for the 15th March?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    What part of

do you not understand?

I'll offer my two cents since I've gone through a similar situation.

After our miscarriage, I took a day off to offer support, then was back to work. Everyone processes things differently and every case is unique, but we understood that life goes on. When our rainbow baby was born, I took a couple weeks off, but not because we were dwelling on the child we lost, I took the same time for the birth of our first. Either way, it's a partner's duty to offer whatever support is needed. Insigne was within his right not to play, but the uncertainty surrounding his status felt weird and unnecessary. My employer knew a month in advance and planned accordingly. If a past tragedy compels you to spend extra time with your family, that's fine, but do everyone the courtesy of being transparent. Did his availability have to be almost a game-time decision? Maybe, I'm not privy to the million details concerning his child's birth. It's likely there were discussions that stayed between player and club. My outsider opinion is that it could've been handled better, especially considering his well-documented unavailability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I agree it’s (probably) not a conspiracy theory.

Now that said, I do believe in unconscious bias and we IMO suffer through the occasional bout of that. Throw in a smattering of general incompetence and it explains a lot about what we see on the field.
    I think there is a lot more going on here behind the scenes than what is being said publicly. The number and nature of yellow cards, the penalty call, and the added time by the referee last night were so one-sided and egregious that I don't believe it just comes down to refereeing incompetence. No professional referee can be that clueless. I think this all goes back to the NYC match and Herdman's accusation's that the NYC coach punched a TFC player. That was an embarrassment to the league which is now sending a message that any public criticism of the league will not be tolerated, with the referees being told to watch TFC extra closely with even the most minor transgressions to be punished.

I find it interesting that ever since Herdman's accusations about what happened in NYC there has been absolute silence on this issue. I expected this to be an ongoing storey but there's been nothing. Herdman's comments after the game yesterday whereby he actually defended the refereeing seemed both contrived and disingenuous. I believe he has been sanctioned. I also don't think this is the end. I expect to see this type of refereeing to continue. Once again, this would never happen to Miami, LAFC, NYCFC, or Chicago which are major, important AMERICAN markets where the league wants to grow the game.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 06-02-2024 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I'll offer my two cents since I've gone through a similar situation.

After our miscarriage, I took a day off to offer support, then was back to work. Everyone processes things differently and every case is unique, but we understood that life goes on. When our rainbow baby was born, I took a couple weeks off, but not because we were dwelling on the child we lost, I took the same time for the birth of our first. Either way, it's a partner's duty to offer whatever support is needed. Insigne was within his right not to play, but the uncertainty surrounding his status felt weird and unnecessary. My employer knew a month in advance and planned accordingly. If a past tragedy compels you to spend extra time with your family, that's fine, but do everyone the courtesy of being transparent. Did his availability have to be almost a game-time decision? Maybe, I'm not privy to the million details concerning his child's birth. It's likely there were discussions that stayed between player and club. My outsider opinion is that it could've been handled better, especially considering his well-documented unavailability.
    Feel like Herdman keeping his cards close to his chest is hardly being factored here; a team spending most of their time planning to hopefully nullify a player takes time away from training to deal with the rest of the team. Look at how we fell apart, once the intensity we shown to keep Benteke quiet was no longer warranted.

Sorry for your loss, btw, and thanks for helping bring balance/clarity to our perspective, in sharing such a difficult experience with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berna
    Gomis
    Osorio
    Richie
    SJ
    Flores
    Etienne Jr

?
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Honduras has world cup qualifiers June 6 and 9th, and then weirdly has a friendly June 16th.

Should we assume Flores will skip the friendly and be back for the 15th March?
    Spicer should also be back from T&T International Duty should he be selected from his current provisional status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    one thing i would say is we looked significantly worse defensively after rosted came on for petretta.

hurts badly that he's by far our highest paid CB and also our worst defender...
    I am not so sure about that, I think Rosted has improved dramatically over last year. I would say I have not seen a match where Coello has given away the ball in dangerous areas more than once and Osorio is invisible for majority of the match, can the boy not strike the ball at the net? Anyway that is a matter for us to agree to disagree, have a great day
    Last edited by Derko; 06-05-2024 at 01:21 PM.