Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm happy with the tie. JMR was an excellent sub.
    You thought so? Defends with no intensity from where I sit.

We played well. With an actual striker we probably win. Great passing around the midfield. But more work needed in the final third and guys have to realize when to attack the box.

My favorite part of the match was the commentator talking about last year and saying when SJ broke his hand, “that’s when things really went downhill”… yeah, that was it, clearly not some bald guy who can’t coach losing the room and floundering in ineptitude
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-29-2024 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    She calls an offside "closer than you might have thought" when the guy was at least three feet offside.
    But she was right.
    I thought it was five.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    But she was right.
    I thought it was five.
    Heh heh.

Utterly clueless, she was. She's an ex women's pro, but it certainly highlights the differences in the game when she called open looks from 25 yards "great chances" and a guy that far offside as "close."

And she had the worst curse an announcer can have, doubling down on the replay when they see it wrong at speed, which she did all game. Steven Caldwell syndrome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a very well played road point. Unlikely to have not scored but coming away with a clean sheet I think is a real positive.

Overall, thought the boys did quite well for a midweek game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad Berna missed that open chance. We could easily have taken all the points but a draw is good. Nice to keep a cleanie too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on 7 minute highlight package… felt like a microcosm of our season.

We had several really nice, well worked chances, all with Berna in the middle of things… any one of which could have gone in… and 3-4 absolute howler turnovers in transition, any one of which Philly could have converted…
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Based on 7 minute highlight package… felt like a microcosm of our season.

We had several really nice, well worked chances, all with Berna in the middle of things… any one of which could have gone in… and 3-4 absolute howler turnovers in transition, any one of which Philly could have converted…
    Yeah we really have to eliminate the turnovers and bad balls. A lot of which happen in the first 15 minutes of the second half. We seem to come out off the pace and unable to handle the press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with the effort without a full lineup. We should have had 3 points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    It was evident the team was gassed from Cinci game. There just wasn't any juice in the tank.

Can't complain for a draw, although was really expecting a win.
    I was thinking throughout the game that Berna looked really gassed even though he sat out last game with yellow card accumulation. And then he was subbed out before the end of the game, which rarely happens. I wonder if he was a bit unwell, it seemed to affect his sharpness as well. But I haven't checked his stats, maybe he ran as much as always.

Good road result even though TFC should have won based on their chances and higher xG. Sometimes they do pass the ball around too much on the edge of the opposing box, they need to mix things up and shoot quicker sometimes.

Philly really doesn't look like a good team, they gave the ball away so often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Happy with the effort without a full lineup. We should have had 3 points.
    That was our first point playing away in Philly since 2019. Def could have had 3, but still an improvement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berna did look gassed by the end there. I have noticed a big change in his play though. He normally would cut in on the left and try to take a shot and do it all himself and plenty of times he was cutting in and passing the ball off which is nice to see that change in his play. Mostly seems like his connection with Longstaff.