0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 11 - Dallas @ TFC Sat May 4 7:38pm - Was that Hook

Brings you back

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Liam Fraser revenge game. Gonna show us how to execute a proper pass back to the CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne back? Weather looks nice for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Liam Fraser revenge game. Gonna show us how to execute a proper pass back to the CB.
    Liam has been pretty good whenever I watch Dallas. I wish we still had him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I propose a Fraser / Coello race from midfield to the end line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Liam has been pretty good whenever I watch Dallas. I wish we still had him.
    He's improved this year since he started playing as strictly as six. Did nothing for them in his truncated year last year but is average around two tackles a game now, has the odd good interception. Still doesn't produce anything going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's improved this year since he started playing as strictly as six. Did nothing for them in his truncated year last year but is average around two tackles a game now, has the odd good interception. Still doesn't produce anything going forward.
    His passing has been pretty good whenever I watched (which was only 2 games to be fair) He also seemed to be very vocal and looked like a QB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I propose a Fraser / Coello race from midfield to the end line.
    Gonna need some extra time to decide that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    His passing has been pretty good whenever I watched (which was only 2 games to be fair) He also seemed to be very vocal and looked like a QB.
    He has always had good passing ability. But, him and illarramendi are too slow to be a midfield partnership in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This match is a good opportunity to pick up some more points. Dallas is very slowly starting to try and turn things around but have not put in consistent performances from what I can see. They do have some dangerous pieces though that can really kill us. I like Musa, Arriola and you can't count our Jesus Ferreira either.

Hoping the boys bring that same fight they brought to Orlando back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    This match is a good opportunity to pick up some more points. Dallas is very slowly starting to try and turn things around but have not put in consistent performances from what I can see. They do have some dangerous pieces though that can really kill us. I like Musa, Arriola and you can't count our Jesus Ferreira either.

Hoping the boys bring that same fight they brought to Orlando back home.
    Their manager keeps fucking with formations and lineups, apparently. Some fans don't think he has long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC need to win the matches they should, are supposed to and can… So those that they are not likely to, matter less in the clubs playoff spot ranking. Yup, I am saying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    TFC need to win the matches they should, are supposed to and can… So those that they are not likely to, matter less in the clubs playoff spot ranking. Yup, I am saying it.
    We seem to be doing better with that this season. The only obvious one we didn't win that falls under this category was at home to SKC.

This next stretch is crucial though with 4/5 of the next games at home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It definitely all starts here - FC Dallas should be a winnable game by all counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    It definitely all starts here - FC Dallas should be a winnable game by all counts.
    Herdman and staff have done a truly admirable job getting us out of the death spiral. Of course it’s MLS and especially anything can happen with this match, but if we expect to hang around in the middle of the table we’ve got to be beating teams like Dallas on our pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t buy the idea that Dallas is a weak team.

They were a playoff team last year, they hustle, I love the way the play (but haven’t seen a full game of theirs yet in 2024).

They have excellent young players and I would trade our DPs for theirs in a flash.

They have had an iffy start, a bunch of close losses… but I don’t rate this idea that we are better than them, I don’t think we are even as good as them. There is no way I would bet that TFC will finish with more points than Dallas in 2024.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fc dallas are not a bad team, but it's definitely a winnable game at home.

prince and berna in form, lorenzo potentially returning to play at least some part, flow of injuries seems to have stopped (for now, knock on wood).

between this, nyc and mtl game (all home), should take minimum 6 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t buy the idea that Dallas is a weak team.

They were a playoff team last year, they hustle, I love the way the play (but haven’t seen a full game of theirs yet in 2024).

They have excellent young players and I would trade our DPs for theirs in a flash.

They have had an iffy start, a bunch of close losses… but I don’t rate this idea that we are better than them, I don’t think we are even as good as them. There is no way I would bet that TFC will finish with more points than Dallas in 2024.
    The focus on young players means that Dallas is almost always: promising, a team of interest and optimism, but I wouldn’t go betting anything much on them.

Currently, they’re second from the bottom in the west, less than .9 points per game, and good reason to be 26th in the MLS power rankings. Last match was won playing up a man after the 5th minute.

edit: Not to say they won’t beat us but we really should be winning it and continuing to build the fort-ress as Herdman has it.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-01-2024 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a lot of talent, it just hasn't gelled this season yet. Seems imbalanced, too.

IF we could pry Bernard Kamungo out from their clutches I'd be rather happy. He's a real find. They're hardly using him this year and when they have it's been inside instead of wide, where he's more effective cutting in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping Coello doesn't make any more of those bonehead lazy passes that put us in a very vulnerable situation. I would like to see a convincing win here at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Hoping Coello doesn't make any more of those bonehead lazy passes that put us in a very vulnerable situation. I would like to see a convincing win here at home.
    He shouldn't start. Longstaff and Flores should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    He shouldn't start. Longstaff and Flores should.
    Maybe Longstaff hits an improvement arc here somewhere but from what I’ve seen his form is mostly steady but very unspectacular. Coello is at least a risk to hit a good ball on occasion and find someone on the run in the attacking third.

Neither is anything more than a hold over on the way to finding a first choice starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrese Spicer and Frankin are about to get a nice run of games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So with game 7 vs Boston at the same time don’t think anyone will want my tickets (I have to attend a party and will miss both games)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Intelligent stuff.

As for the Dallas match, first time Feirerra and Arriola will have played together all season. That could be trouble in itself.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-04-2024 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Maybe Longstaff hits an improvement arc here somewhere but from what I’ve seen his form is mostly steady but very unspectacular. Coello is at least a risk to hit a good ball on occasion and find someone on the run in the attacking third.

Neither is anything more than a hold over on the way to finding a first choice starter.
    I'll take steady and doesn't fuck up over flashy and gives away goals any day. We need "steady and doesn't fuck up." Mark Delgado never got a ton of assists, and he certainly wasn't the most consistent in front of net.

Coello is very skilled but he makes overconfident passes sometimes and misses cover. And he's really lumbering; he's never going to beat his man for speed to a ball or to stop a breakaway. He's an eight who needs to be more consistent, although his ceiling is probably higher than Longstaff's, based on what we've seen so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I don’t disagree with any of that. Although I’d have to point out (and think you’d agree) that Longstaff isn’t reaching Delgado-like levels of industriousness.

Nothing against him. I don’t hate that he’s on the team. I was just hoping he’d offer that little bit more where we could take Coello down a peg.