Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 10 - TFC @ Orlando Sat April 27 7:38pm - And Now Its Alright, Its OK

And You may Look the Other Way

Have At It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we play defensively like we did against Simcoe, we'll get smashed. I realize the motivational factors are different but that sloppy shit won't pass in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If we play defensively like we did against Simcoe, we'll get smashed. I realize the motivational factors are different but that sloppy shit won't pass in MLS.
    I'm expecting a loss. 3rd game in a week. Away to Orlando which is always tough. Hopefully its just not a blowout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    I'm expecting a loss. 3rd game in a week. Away to Orlando which is always tough. Hopefully it’s just not a blowout.
    A 0-0 tie would be a nice result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando's chemistry has been off this year, though, so it'll be interesting. If we take the same approach as against New England and park the bus, we have a shot, as Orlando really requires transitional imbalance right now to score. They're not penetrating the box the way they did last year, even with Lodeiro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Etienne will start this weekend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the hope that he could play Insigne’s role asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be really quick, given that he's not coming from a 3-4-3 system. He's been around since he was eighteen, though, so maybe he adjusts quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he match fit? If he is I guess it wouldn't hurt trying.

Last game we did 3-5-2 I believe.

I would maybe put him where Spicer was, put Berna on right wingback and put Spixer up to beside Owusu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That would be really quick, given that he's not coming from a 3-4-3 system. He's been around since he was eighteen, though, so maybe he adjusts quickly.
    Maybe too quick to start but it sounded like Herdman wants to get him on the pitch asap… wouldn’t he surprised if he gets minutes in Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Is he match fit?
    I’m assuming so given he had three matches with Atlanta’s NextPro side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Etienne starting where Mailula started against Simcoe. He should be able to log 70 minutes without issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for a win, expecting a draw even with the current team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your optimism. I'm praying for a draw and expecting a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando has five points saved after the 89th minute (a win and two draws) in their last three games.

These guys are the ultimate "switch off and you'll pay" team. So if we get ahead and bunker late, it won't go well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Weather in Orlando currently 22 degrees overcast and only 75% humidity, which is less humid then Toronto right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In today's edition of “why Saturday night games make little sense for Canadian teams”… we will now proceed, for the second consecutive game, to suppress the ratings by going head to head with the NHL playoffs in its traditional slot. This particular form of genius will continue for 7 or 8 more weeks. It'll be about a third of the schedule.

Enjoy the game tonight guys. I will watch the highlight package.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just hoping we can keep building on the little things, Prince keeps his form and confidence up and keeps those channel runs and box hunting moments up. Midfield keeps errors down and Defense stays tidy.

ngl my perception/expectations of the team codified itself pretty quickly recently and really came down to earth lol... Knowing that there's really not much more to expect for reinforcements, no big magic pill incoming DP budget, the limited roster constraints and John working with the current resources. Seeing the type of player reinforcements we DO get now...

All there is to do as a fan (until we show some stability and better player transfers), is hope John can extract the most out of mediocrity that he possibly can given the constraints like a cemented mid table club lol. No point in wasting energy having the expectations of a top positioned club (atm) when all the constraints suggest we won't be there anytime soon.

All I can do is watch the lads and hope they can reduce on the mistakes while improving on movement/teamwork attack runs around the box and we keep scrapping out points to sneak into playoffs. Just show some heart, hustle and growth and get us some points lol.. Win or tie would be beauty.
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 04-27-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello starts. Yuck. Etienne on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveThreeTwo View Post
    ngl my perception/expectations of the team codified itself pretty quickly recently and really came down to earth lol... Knowing that there's really not much more to expect for reinforcements, no big magic pill incoming DP budget, the limited roster constraints and John working with the current resources. Seeing the type of player reinforcements we DO get now...

All there is to do as a fan (until we show some stability and better player transfers), is hope John can extract the most out of mediocrity that he possibly can given the constraints like a cemented mid table club lol. No point in wasting energy having player/quality expectations of a top positioned club (atm) when all the constraints suggest we won't be there anytime soon.
    Bright side: Insigne and Lareya should drastically improve the team once they return from injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, all hail and farewell to Ayo. And the summer of Perruzza may soon be coming to the Maritimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Bright side: Insigne and Lareya should drastically improve the team once they return from injury.
    hey, that's true enough. When we're healthy and everyone's ready we should be able to compete - but man do we appear brittle and weak on player depth when injuries pop up or game plans just aren't working and we should be introducing another look

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, there's a reason why journeymen end up being journeymen going to a lot of teams. Ettiene is a cheap project but anybody expecting him to be a difference maker should remember Blessing was about the same sort of idea last year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we have this commentator pair every week?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rare mistake from Long.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High line and then nobody able to stay with a charging forward ain't good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that one didn't count, but Duncan McGuire against TFC is basically prime Ibra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone on TFC has been particularly bad. I also don't think anyone has been that good either. Probably won't see any changes at half, but Longstaff and Etienne will likely see 30+ in the second half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad half all things considered. A little more quality needed in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I think that's a really decent road performance and we don't deserve to be losing. We've been unlucky, and that's Fedes best game for us in a bit, he should have a goal or an assist by now.

Prince has gained a lot of confidence, the quality isn't there but he's doing exactly what I accused him of not doing, making runs and providing a player to pass too in dangerous areas, and he's getting chances as a result. That alone makes our attack look so much more coherent. He's not a starter for me but he's showing a lot these past couple of weeks (not to mention one of the best goals in our history, no question), if he can keep doing that he could be a good bench option next season for sure.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 04-27-2024 at 07:25 PM.