Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdman stated at the start of the year this was going to be a two to three year turnaround

Expecting results from this sad sack outfit is going to give you ulcers

The calibre of this roster is very poor

Watch Coello week to week give away balls in crucial spots, get beat one on one defending and then grab the sweater to compensate - basically he can't do the two things a player in his position is tasked with

Osorio will become Bradley 2.0 because Manning made another bonehead decision to make him an over paid DP
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso's DP status is a roster maneuver that created more cap space - other teams do this as well with higher end allocation level players.

(I'm also not going to judge Oso on the Long conversation given we only saw a cropped view of the ref)

I have issues with Oso's contribution in play on the field this year but I'm not sure its all on him.

I do see leadership by him on the field but its a lot quieter then some people expect.

The petulance issue across the team - is it petulance or just red hot anger at something going wrong after so much work?

Seba comes to mind on this, BTW - he would be angry at moves that didn't do what he wanted but he never got red hot anger when we gave up goals - more shaking his head a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oso's DP status is a roster maneuver that created more cap space - other teams do this as well with higher end allocation level players.

(I'm also not going to judge Oso on the Long conversation given we only saw a cropped view of the ref)

I have issues with Oso's contribution in play on the field this year but I'm not sure its all on him.

I do see leadership by him on the field but its a lot quieter then some people expect.

The petulance issue across the team - is it petulance or just red hot anger at something going wrong after so much work?

Seba comes to mind on this, BTW - he would be angry at moves that didn't do what he wanted but he never got red hot anger when we gave up goals - more shaking his head a lot.
    That's fair. I think the bigger issue is when guys fuck up but then signal it's the other guys' fault somehow.

We've had a few of those and not just from younger players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello passing to where he expects players to be and then complaining they were not there is a weird move for a guy with this many years in this league now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Coello passing to where he expects players to be and then complaining they were not there is a weird move for a guy with this many years in this league now.
    I think I understand our (how many, now, three?) managers use of him as a 6 but he’s not naturally a 6. He’s still learning the position and he doesn’t really have the right tools for it. But then that is our roster w/injuries as it currently stands. Oso and Longstaff are not being especially well used either.

I’m not sure where Coello should be playing in Herdman’s conception of things but I hope that’s sorted out at some point because he does have real talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coello made a terrible mistake, with Gomis making a half-ass attempt to help.

There's no need to make any changes from one single ball.

It's all about consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I think I understand our (how many, now, three?) managers use of him as a 6 but he’s not naturally a 6. He’s still learning the position and he doesn’t really have the right tools for it. But then that is our roster w/injuries as it currently stands. Oso and Longstaff are not being especially well used either.

I’m not sure where Coello should be playing in Herdman’s conception of things but I hope that’s sorted out at some point because he does have real talent.
    I agree, he definitely has something. That said, I think he has to maybe go through what Osorio went through earlier in his career where they tell him he’s coming off the bench if 30 minutes a game(and the occasional start) with the expectation of playing at high intensity and keeping things super clean. Also needs to do whatever he can to improve his speed / fast twitch muscles. Obviously he’ll never be fast but I have a hard time believing this is as good as he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Also needs to do whatever he can to improve his speed / fast twitch muscles. Obviously he’ll never be fast but I have a hard time believing this is as good as he can do.
    This and a little arrogance are his two issues; he's just not quick at all, he's lumbering. He's got great technique, real skill on the ball. But he tries to force things he shouldn't (McNaughton had that issue with us, too, but hasn't in Nashville).