Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apple TV - Suggestions to Avoid Spoiler Viewing?

Went to watch the Vancouver game late last night that I had avoided seeing the score. Unfortunately the launch page for the game showed the score. I check in both App and Desktop, score spoiler in full view.

Aside from the obvious disfunction with offering a sports streaming service that spoils scores - question is, does anyone have a work around they find useful when navigating the platform?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can turn off spoilers in the settings, but you have to do it for each individual way you access it. So if you use an app and via browser, do it in both places.

Quite why *anyone* thought defaulting to spoilers on was a good idea is beyond me, who on earth actively wants spoilers? But this does work, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! It worked. Had to go through both platforms to find the different locations, but scores disabled.
    Last edited by ChrisM; 04-07-2024 at 10:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Thank you! It worked. Had to go through both platforms to find the different locations, but scores disabled.
    Hate to say it but turning off the scores still not going to stop Apple ruining it for you if you view it later on. When you go to launch the game it gives you the option to select the game but right beside it there is a box with the highlight of every goal from the game. Absolutely stupid. So yeah now you get to not see the score, but if you don't try to use tunnel vision and happen to see those goals you know the score. I wish there was a way to launch the game and be able to avoid that. But there isn't unless someone knows a way. It has ruined a number of games for me so now I find myself squinting and trying to not see the whole screen until I start the game.