0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The future is really looking bright !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuned in long enough to see that Gauld goal. That is enough TFC for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post

It is

We have issues in many places

&

We have a better base to build on

As others have stated, this isn't a playoff level team

But it has a future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should play Fede as a wingback full time. When he's forced to run constantly and not think, he's usually really good. The more he tries to force the game the worse it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    There were always gonna be nights like this. Vancouver is one of the most underrated teams in MLS. We aren't as good as we showed the first few games of the season. The progress they have shown under Herdman is enough to say that the future is a lot brighter than it was 6 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to say it, but next to a striker, I think an increasingly pressing need is an upgrade for Oso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, fuck off.

Does anyone feel good abotu any of the goals tonight? A shit giveaway, a defender who doesn't jump, no one covering the long ball on a corner, and a defender pulling that shit.

Not our night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that last one...that's a set piece coaching issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Hate to say it, but next to a striker, I think an increasingly pressing need is an upgrade for Oso.

An upgrade in the midfield for sure but I'm more thinking the Longstaff/Coello position.

The 3-4-3 with a double pivot ain't working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    He's just trying to force way too much, same as Fede.

The only time he's been really effective this year was when he came in late against Atlanta's tired legs. Both he and Coello just don't look quick enough most of the time. Coello at least can (sometimes) ping a decent pass, and Oso has something of a nose for goal. But neither is playing well enough. Longstaff was quite poor tonight, and Flores is a good anchor but a sloppy, sloppy passer.

Everyone's desperate to be the difference maker, but what we really need is some concentration, some solid passing, less sloppy connecting of players.

It's just the final ball tonight, over and over and over again it's not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much money did they spend on Mailula? My word- what a waste.

Vancouver is writing the script for how to beat TFC. Quick transition and long through balls. TFC really struggling on transition defence today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was offside from the start of the play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    How much money did they spend on Mailula? My word- what a waste.
    Despite what it says on Transfermarkt, I understand it was less than $300K. He's a project. He's only 22 so has some time to come good. Certainly doesn't look the part tonight, though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't that much better than last year - they need a 9 and a healthy lineup or they have no chance most weeks. No Insigne, no Lareya, no “number 9” who is an actual DP level scorer — nowhere close to good enough to compete for the next 8-10 games - if they get 10 points with this lineup over the next 10 games I’d be shocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh. Not good, boys. Very sloppy. Might as well have given it to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t get to watch tonight but just saw the box score. Not going to get hung up on it. Either way we’re going to get something we want this season. A return to some moderate form of success or enough stench of continued meddling performance that Bill is going to have to pack his bags.

Herdman gives the group enough energy to be worth the watch. Not otherwise going to overthink it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the headline song of the thread said

What You Are And What You Wanna Be

Takes a Long Long Long Long Time

There's going to be games like this (Which is why the "this can't happen again" talk grates on me - its the equivalent of guaranteeing a result - don't do that) as this team gets from completely dysfunctional to functional.

The roster has issues

I'd argue the application of the tactics has issues

We are not a playoff level team

But we are not wooden spoon either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loathe to criticize the final ball until we have a 9 worth a shit on the team. A final ball takes two, a sender and a receiver, and there's absolutely nobody up front who can get on the end of anything. Both Fede and Oso have looked miles better with Inisigne and Laryea on the pitch. Mannings spending all of our money on anything other than a 9 is the biggest hamstring this team has. As has been consistently the story, that failure falls on him and the FO putting together our roster.

I think it's just a case of 'it is what it is' until our best attacking talent is back back. Vancouver has far better players than us overall, and had some bounces go their way. We're gonna have alot of games like this until Insigine is back, key for me is what happens when he's back - do we have our heads up, or do we look defeated?

Only main thing I'd read into tonight is my continued, unpopular, take is on Flores. I get it, he's great off the ball, and we are 100% a better team with him in it as our squad is assembled. I don't want to scapegoat him, I'd absolutely start him. But he continues to be a liability on the ball. I think that's his 6th game today, and he's had at least two other occasions when he's done things like the first goal. That's a bad return.

I think it's coachable, it could be a matter of adjusting to his team mates, finding a rhythm or confidence, but he looks like he has one brain dead giveaway in a crucial part of the pitch every game or two in him and that needs to go away. Again, love what he brings, would still start him, but today was not an isolated incident. If he wants to be a starter in a team that is higher in the table than us, like hopefully us a year from now, that will need to go from his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Flores is not particularly great on the ball, for sure. Between him and the odd Coello giveaway midfield is really nerve racking at times.

It just really puts pressure on guys in other areas to be clean with their passing. On that note… For me, as much as O’Neill is doing admirably given the circumstances, the major deficiency in his game is passing out of the back. We’ll need to upgrade that spot eventually but for now, lots of other areas to worry about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing that even with 2 bad losses we haven't lost much ground in the east. Lots of teams drawing and not moving up. Vancouver and Redbulls best records in the league.

Team really needs to turn it around though. Concerns and flashbacks to last year.

I said it before this game Berna needs to move to wingback until Richie and Lorenzo are back.

Not opposed to the 4-5-1 either.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 04-07-2024 at 01:40 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He's very honest. They're cohesive, we're not. They worked harder. They didn't make stupid mistakes, and we made four.