Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 6 - SKC @ TFC Sat March 30 7:38pm - And when the curtains open

to the roaring of the crowd

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    to the roaring of the crowd

Have at It People
    This is going to be much tougher.

SKC likes attacking from wide and advancing the ball quickly, so we're going to spend a lot of time defending.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good tactical test then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering how we'd go about getting a group message to MLSE and MLS that games starting at 7:30 at night before May is unacceptable? The current weather forecast says Saturday has a high of +9*C and a low of -2*C. In addition, if they're trying to grow the game in Canada it might not be a good idea to go head to head with Hockey Night in Canada. In fact, never mind May ... make it until the Leafs get knocked out of the playoffs. On a personal note I had to miss the game against Atlanta because of the weather. I have a daughter that has a fairly serious medical condition that's required us to move our season seats so far this season to accessible seating and it's exasperated by the cold weather so we didn't want her to risk it.

This isn't about her though. It's just plain stupid to play games at 7:30 at night at this time of year. Just ask Lorenzo Insigne if he thinks it contributed to his injury ... or even guys that complained on tv but didn't get hurt like Alonzo Coello and Tyrese Spicer ...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s ridiculously stupid but I think controlled by the Apple TV deal. Not sure if Mlse have any control but it would be nice if they address it. It is really hard to try convince someone to come sit in the freezing cold for an early season game. Not a good way to get bums in the seat or grow the game to be honest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last season, I sent an email to my ticket rep regarding the early/late season evening games. She didn’t have much of a reply but I am going to send another email this week. Most weeks there’s multiple afternoon games yet tfc only have one of these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    It’s ridiculously stupid but I think controlled by the Apple TV deal. Not sure if Mlse have any control but it would be nice if they address it. It is really hard to try convince someone to come sit in the freezing cold for an early season game. Not a good way to get bums in the seat or grow the game to be honest
    The 7:30pm start times were a contributing factor to me dropping my seasons tickets. (As well as the embarrassing performance)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a problem for me last year too. I kept my seats but this might be it. Having two young kids who really can't go to the games because they're late sucks. The 7:30 games is terrible for growing the next generation of fans. Unfortunately it's all Apple I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It was a problem for me last year too. I kept my seats but this might be it. Having two young kids who really can't go to the games because they're late sucks. The 7:30 games is terrible for growing the next generation of fans. Unfortunately it's all Apple I think.
    Last season it was worse. The home opener and all games were at night. This season it seems they allowed the first 2 in the afternoon.

I would push to allow the first 4-5 home games for Toronto in the afternoon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    yep, apple pretty much outright said night games get more viewers.

but obv afternoon games areway prefereable when it's cold out.

still year 2 of the deal and at least had a few afternoon games this year (2 away from home),hopefully in future they put the first 6-7 games at 2-3 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per John Molinari, insigne and oneill both present at training today bit not w full squad.

Knock on wood but presumably insigne injury not too bad.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 03-26-2024 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yep, apple pretty much outright said night games get more viewers.

but obv afternoon games areway prefereable when it's cold out.

still year 2 of the deal and at least had a few afternoon games this year (2 away from home),hopefully in future they put the first 6-7 games at 2-3 PM.
    Kind of infuriates me that some away games at this time of year are in the afternoon. It can obviously be accommodated and it certainly can't be to increase viewership having the home games at night on a Saturday because other than the die hards like us, everyone else is watching the Leafs. Even the moderates are watching the Leaf game and then picking up the TFC game on demand. It's obviously too late for this year but between complaints and seeing half empty stadiums on Apple TV, hopefully they reconsider for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Kind of infuriates me that some away games at this time of year are in the afternoon. It can obviously be accommodated and it certainly can't be to increase viewership having the home games at night on a Saturday because other than the die hards like us, everyone else is watching the Leafs. Even the moderates are watching the Leaf game and then picking up the TFC game on demand. It's obviously too late for this year but between complaints and seeing half empty stadiums on Apple TV, hopefully they reconsider for next year.
    The scheduling for the league has always seemed to be a bit of a mess, and worse now than ever. Not sure why the other leagues can figure it out but MLS can’t? It like MLS resists anything that’s logic based.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7:30 (8:30 where I am) is the right time for the games because I am selfish and work Saturday afternoons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Per John Molinari, insigne and oneill both present at training today bit not w full squad.

Knock on wood but presumably insigne injury not too bad.
    Good news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news about Insigne. Muscle strains are really common in the cold but generally heal quickly.

The night scheduling isn't going to change. It will be based a) on which markets Apple most wants rolling viewership into their other Apple TV offerings, b) on which markets have to use their stadiums for other events later in the evening, and c) every other priority.

They don't give a shit about the weather here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great. Seems like a pretty sub optimal thing to be anchored to.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking and... I don't know if it's going to be as bad as we think. SKC is one of the teams with both a lower xG and a higher xGA than us. They also don't have much form coming into Toronto whereas we're really flying high with morale and form. I'm gonna say 2-1, we might concede but I actually have some faith in this team to pull this one out based on vibes alone. Hopefully I can pair it with proper statistics soon, too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even without insignewe have a decent shot this match imo.

that 2nd half without him we looked very dangerous. i think oso and berna joint 10s with jmr/ spicer overlapping can cause alot of danger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Prince scoring ups his confidence and leads to more goals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article on Alan Pulido. The first bit of video inset is of a nice SKC goal:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/alan-...p-tier-striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Hopefully Prince scoring ups his confidence and leads to more goals!
    Let’s hope so. And with Kerr’s return that little bit of competition may help as well. Seems Kerr starting and subbing out for Prince is about the best we have as a general solution at striker.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 03-26-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your Mariner scouting… SKC vs LAG this past Saturday and a lot of familiar faces:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6JJJF6lGJc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to make no predictions until the injury list comes out.

But I think Berna scores this game. He was on fire last game. It's coming.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the evening game discussion

As long as people show up, those of us who can't make certain games are not going to be enough to change minds.

It should be an issue that its now become difficult to bring the kids but...its not.

For those at last week game, I get the amount published was 24K - did it look like that in the stadium or more like the 17k that Herdman said it was?

Because if 17k is what we got last week, they ain't gonna make changes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Article on Alan Pulido. The first bit of video inset is of a nice SKC goal:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/alan-...p-tier-striker
    I haven’t gotten past Pulido scoring that floater in the CCL final first leg in 2018, the one that Bono was never the same after. In the end, it cost us that championship.

Has Pulido been at BMO since then? I don’t think so…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On the evening game discussion

As long as people show up, those of us who can't make certain games are not going to be enough to change minds.

It should be an issue that its now become difficult to bring the kids but...its not.

For those at last week game, I get the amount published was 24K - did it look like that in the stadium or more like the 17k that Herdman said it was?

Because if 17k is what we got last week, they ain't gonna make changes.
    it looked closer to 17k to me which I thought was a success considering the weather and transit issues. I would think the 24k is the amount of tickets sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I haven’t gotten past Pulido scoring that floater in the CCL final first leg in 2018, the one that Bono was never the same after. In the end, it cost us that championship.

Has Pulido been at BMO since then? I don’t think so…
    I don’t think he’s been back. That goal just about killed me. I can still see it from my seat. And you’re right, it did certainly do in Bono, it was worse for him.

Their other goal scorer was Rodolfo Pizarro. Now it seems commonplace that these guys should play in MLS… (though I think Miami offloaded Pizarro to AEK….)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Last season it was worse. The home opener and all games were at night. This season it seems they allowed the first 2 in the afternoon.

I would push to allow the first 4-5 home games for Toronto in the afternoon.
    Only 1 day home game though. The other was away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no update on insigne injury yet.

do we think that's good or bad?