Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fede wants a goal.

Osorio sub late is inspired. They can't contain the two of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season has been so much fun so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very impressed with this second half performance. All the young guys seem to be playing very well together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am I going insane or did that atl player just bat that ball with his hand after the throw in... and nobody saw it lol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoutout to Mabika. Has looked very good after being forced into action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta are so bad tonight, they're making Rosted look like Vidic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Damn Spicer's a tidy player.
    was waiting until the end of the game to not jinx this but Gavran has also been tidy as hell since being given opportunity with SJ out. Might be a tad premature with what im about to say below, but even if we didn't have SJ... seeing his development now vs. Bono not sure Bono would have lasted lol.

Being 23 years old with his composure and reflexes... if he's parked behind SJ once he gets back, after a season or so not sure he's gonna be stickin around. He's got the height, reflexes and composure factors that seem to come natural with some keepers and if he keeps his head up there's gonna be other teams starting to pay attention - but we have had some rock solid defence since we got long so that helps too

Be interesting to see what happens when SJ comes back. Some coaches would see it as a serious lack of respect for luka's play to just yank him out of the lineup with him not really having many if any gaffes
    Last edited by FiveThreeTwo; 03-23-2024 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are character wins for this team. As much as we are short handed Atlanta is perhaps even more. Game we need to win and we did.

It’s almost like Bob Bradley was a crap manger or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. This was a must win game even with Flores / SJ missing. Last year it didn't feel like we would have done it.

Insane that we are 75% if the way to our win total of Las season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Job done..make it difficult to lose at home by playing on the front foot

Insigne injury will suk

Still issues in various places but soo much more fun to watch then last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tidy win. JMR playing with so much more confidence, seems to have turned the corner in his development. Spicer is good too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Insigne injury will suk
    You just know it's going to be 2 months. He started off so well too...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    You just know it's going to be 2 months. He started off so well too...
    As long as it's not a tear and he takes it easy we'll be OK - hoping for the best though.

Spicer can hold down the fort hopefully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Tidy win. JMR playing with so much more confidence, seems to have turned the corner in his development. Spicer is good too!
    Imagine how much more dangerous this team gets when we have Spicer wide left and Richie wide right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine how much more dangerous this team gets when we have Spicer wide left and Richie wide right.
    And a #9 actually crashing the near post on low hard crosses

(None of our current forwards do that which is just weird)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne's injury put a damper on what was otherwise a very positive result. Great effort with a depleted lineup and a well deserved victory.

Spicer was impressive and now I assume he'll get an extended look in the starting lineup in Insigne's spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously still very early, but I am starting to think this team could be in the playoff hunt in the second half of the season if we can stay healthy. Herdman has done a masterful job thus far of instilling confidence in the group as a whole.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That second half was very entertaining and a breath of fresh air after the last few seasons. The team is being built well and players giving a lot more effort and intensity. Gotta give Herdman credit when it's due, he looks lights above what we had in Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very refreshing presser with Herdman being open and giving as much information as he knows. Admittedly I haven't watched pressers in a while since Bob completely turned me off with his arrogance and lack of basic info, but this was nice to listen to.

Looking back, jeez I despise Bob even more than I did as each game passes with increasing positivity.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 03-23-2024 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, if anyone doubts the buy-in, consider that in his interview Spicer uses the term "John always says" four times in the first minute and twenty-six seconds.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

team is good, and if insigne is out a few weeks, i genuinely think we'll be able to comfortably survive.

oso can fit in that spot, the overlaps from spicer will give a different dimension completely.

kerr is a difference maker too as he's excellent and allows owusu to come off the bench where he's been very good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, i really debated staying inside but glad I didn’t. The big thing in the pressers is that they all talked about thanking the fans for coming out on a night like that. Can’t remember a game in recent history where a group of guys worked so hard. Everyone just put in full days work - Rosted, Coelho, JMR, Bernie may not have got the limelight tonight but never stopped. Fun game to watch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of note in that presser

Gosh, the man is open about tactics afterwards...he discussed the metric on our high line and the press stats for Atlanta. He's democratising that "magic" and making the prep & work something for us to see & understand. Through that, he's creating buy in and saying to the fans "See, we are working hard, we are not taking you for granted"

Floris back next game

The health staff are in charge of minutes watch for recovery and he can only push so much - that's a directive he's bought into but it came down from Hernandez.

Defence will be this team's main and continuous effort focus - they were ticked after NYC.

Spicer is a WB in this team - we will see if there is a change with Insigne out.

Spicer's toe was broken - that injury happened before he was drafted.

We have a WB coach.

Insigne's issues are usually calf - this is hamstring so who knows.

Some realism - "You will lose games" but don't lose back to back.

Top 5 is his goal and there is a ppg goal for now of around 2 - that can't be maintained in the summer and they know it which is why the 4th phase, games 11 and on, are when the depth comes in. i.e. they expect to lose a bit more in the middle and then come back at it in the last 10.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-24-2024 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really enjoyed that match. I'm fully bought in on Herdman as well. Even when we finally hit a losing streak, I fully trust in his ability both to maintain positive culture during that low point but also to adjust tactics whenever needed.

JMR was so fun to watch that last game. He's really starting to come into his own and in many ways, the injury to Richie is going to do wonders for JMR to get the necessary development minutes he needs.

Overall, solid performance and hope that Insigne isn't gone for 3+months too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday was a funny game in that I thought it was the teams best this season so far but they had alot of regulars missing due to injury or int duty (and same with atl). So hard to get a good sense of what this win means in the big picture of the season. But 2 goals and a clean sheet is always good.

I do think spicer looks promising and provides more to our attack. Prince to me looks lost at times (but in comparison to akinola...) and Thompson had several poor touches, some not even under pressure. Could have easily had a couple more goals last night (bernaedeshi, Osorio, kerr chances) and did not feel like we were on our heels defensively outside of the 10min before our second goal. Previous games this season did not feel that way. Will be tough to rely on insigne much given it seems he is injury prone. You would think bernardeschi would be the one more prone to injury given he is running up and down the field for alot of the game.

Optimistic for another w next Saturday accompanied by some warmer weather.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I have to say, i really debated staying inside but glad I didn’t. The big thing in the pressers is that they all talked about thanking the fans for coming out on a night like that. Can’t remember a game in recent history where a group of guys worked so hard. Everyone just put in full days work - Rosted, Coelho, JMR, Bernie may not have got the limelight tonight but never stopped. Fun game to watch.
    After the forecast got even worse I debated staying home. So glad I didn't.
    The team did work really hard, and their strategic technical tricks with backheels and such (obviously practiced) used to throw off Atlanta were fun to watch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of note in that presser

Gosh, the man is open about tactics afterwards...he discussed the metric on our high line and the press stats for Atlanta. He's democratising that "magic" and making the prep & work something for us to see & understand. Through that, he's creating buy in and saying to the fans "See, we are working hard, we are not taking you for granted"
    Seeing how he thinks things through raises my respect so much for the man. If it does that for a fan, imagine what it's like playing for him. Well we see it, some players (including our DPs) seem totally transformed, and we can see the buy-in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of note in that presser

Yeah I felt like this was also a positive trait vanney carried (although not as happy/outgoing/ted lasso about the vibes) that helped provide that transparency for fans and media and gave more credibility during that rebuild that they were putting in the work, and there was methods and systems to the madness and things weren't just 'extreme luck'. Talking in detail about tactical makeups, or not being afraid of throwing that educator/academy coach hat on to explain in easy ways what they are doing, what might have went wrong and they have to do better - and just shining a massive 1M lumen light on their process.

Contrast that with Bob and armas years where everything was shrouded in darkness and hardly ever were there any real approaches to building bridges with the fans on the inner workings or thought process for a game plan. It truly pissed me off how we went from vanney and his relatively open educative mindset with media and fans (bez included) for 4-5 years until this year in time where everything was hid behind big black curtains under the words "just trust us, were working hard". So far with John its been awesome, hope it continues. Not to wax poetic on leadership topics but its the hallmark of a good leadership group when they understand the power of keeping every stakeholder around them up to date, engaged, and apart of the process - aren't afraid of dumbing down the conversation so everyone understands, or shining lights on the problems when things don't go like they wanted (*cough see James vowles at williams f1 for someone who crushes this). Long may it last please lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spicer looks simply fantastic out there, you would think he's a seasoned veteran.

Overall really impressed with how they played on Saturday.

If we play like that each time, we'll always have a chance to win.