Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    I need to know where I can buy that jacket Herdman was wearing tonight.
    I am not sure you will ever find it - I was sitting in 123 and could get a good view of it - the jacket is made by Wuxly, no reference on their website to it. If you find it let me know (LOL)…..maybe that’s the next RPB exclusive branded item…..ha ha ha….

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Actually Herdman had an option to go to Vancouver. Manning does get some credit for getting him to choose TFC over a less disfunctional club.
    It was Portland, not Vancouver.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thought, if Longstaff keeps pushing for a starting spot, what happens to Osorio? Unless constantly rotating the midfield partner to Flores or regularly switching between a false 9 and a true striker or both is the plan, it’s starting to seem like Osorio might be the odd man out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Interesting thought, if Longstaff keeps pushing for a starting spot, what happens to Osorio? Unless constantly rotating the midfield partner to Flores or regularly switching between a false 9 and a true striker or both is the plan, it’s starting to seem like Osorio might be the odd man out.
    Osorio is safe. He hasn't been outstanding or anything, but he was given the captain's armband a couple months ago and Herdman loves him. It is definitely Coello who is on his way out of the lineup if Longstaff becomes a regular starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longstaff's quality was evident, albeit in a small sample size. He could very well be a starter in short order.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso is being played as the attacking mid of the 3 - Longstaff's role is the string puller & link to the attackers.

Listening to Herdman, he had Coello in for his height - I suspect we will see Coello more when we play big banger forward sets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Coello is in a rough patch as opposed to totally defunct. Sure, if we had a functional roster he’d probably not be starting but I think it’s fair to say he’d at least be coming off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Osorio is safe. He hasn't been outstanding or anything, but he was given the captain's armband a couple months ago and Herdman loves him. It is definitely Coello who is on his way out of the lineup if Longstaff becomes a regular starter.
    I’m not trying to infer that he’s not safe, I doubt he’d be captain if he wasn’t. My thought was more based on the conundrum Herdman faces if Longstaff and Owusu work better in the lineup. Kind of echoes the MB situation from a few years back. I’m hoping the solution is a team with a couple of dependable lineups that change depending on the opponent, a luxury that seems impossible a few months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see it this way. The 5 mins before the changes we were already on the front foot, and that continued when they new players came in. Good subs for sure, but for me they didn't change the game, just maintained the momentum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    I didn't see it this way. The 5 mins before the changes we were already on the front foot, and that continued when they new players came in. Good subs for sure, but for me they didn't change the game, just maintained the momentum.
    I think it was very well timed. Our press was suddenly rejuvenated and we went from holding them to controlling it, whereas in the first half they were all over us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ran into Matty Longstaff a couple hours ago on King West.

Welcomed him to the city and the club, and let him know how well he contributed in the game yesterday.

I could see on his face and hear it in his voice, he's really happy to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Manning hired Herdman.
    Only after Herdman approached TFC and gave Manning an easy out while he was floundering with his shortlist. Manning should have been out with BB, or at least reassigned to the Argos full time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    One day we will all have a dialogue about how Michael Bradley is one of the best/most successful players in TFC history and also the biggest reason behind the most depressing seasons in franchise history.
    It seems the most positive off season roster change was the removal of Michael Bradley from the field and the dressing room. I wonder if Herdman told Manning that he will only accept the TFC job on the condition that Bradley leaves.

Bradley left the team very quietly with no recognition or fanfare from the club. It felt like management wanted him out badly.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 03-10-2024 at 12:31 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's wait out a bit before we get too excited.

This team is one Flores and Long injury away from going back to being mediocre.

The depth guys haven't been really tested under Herdman system yet
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    It seems the most positive off season roster change was the removal of Michael Bradley from the field and the dressing room. I wonder if Herdman told Manning that he will only accept the TFC job on the condition that Bradley leaves.

Bradley left the team very quietly with no recognition or fanfare from the club. It felt like management wanted him out badly.
    I don’t agree….. there was a proper send off at the last home game last season. There is an awful lot of unbased opinions on MB. Seems like a good start to 2024 and MB is the villain and Berna is now a saint. I’d still drop Berna if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

We also need secondary scoring if we are to get results from matches moving forward. We can't expect to get by with clean sheets and 2 goals in 3 matches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Manning We Trust

He is building a legacy that we can get behind !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was Portland, not Vancouver.
    That's right. My main point still stands, Herdman had options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That's right. My main point still stands, Herdman had options.
    According to Herdman he would have gone elsewhere (Portland) if Osorio was no longer totally committed to Toronto. He said he came to work with Osorio as his starting point, captain, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A long way to go in everything except the team ‘culture’ close to the pitch… which was the first thing desperately needed. We have turned a sharp corner there. I’m going to enjoy Herdman and his people while they’re here.

Otherwise, after Galeano, we’ve had a few miracle moments (Insigne first, Johnson second) to be grateful for.

I ran into Insigne today in Yorkville and thanked him for yesterday. He has a very nice smile and seemed genuinely pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MDH View Post
    Deybi continues to be all of our dads.

We should keep a running tally of when we surpass last year. Half way to wins. We must have more clean sheets than last year already.

We finished last season with 6 clean sheets. Half way there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could say that about 90% of the teams in MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You could say that about 90% of the teams in MLS.
    100% of teams basically lol