Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early days for sure, but how long has it been since TFC was second in the East?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful shot by Lorenzo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deybi continues to be all of our dads.

We should keep a running tally of when we surpass last year. Half way to wins. We must have more clean sheets than last year already.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kinda funny seeing Miami and Toronto in the top two spots right now considering how things went last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just going back and watching that tiragiro, on the TFC social - and watching every single other TFC player in the moment. Crazy the difference a year makes in body language and support. Everyone just legit fired up and over the moon when their team mate finds success. Let’s hope John and his team of coaches have found something here and can keep that clubhouse vibe going.

It’s the difference between everyone being focused in the last 10 minutes or everything falling to shit. Nobody seems to want let their team mate down atm, everyone’s celebrating each others wins and supporting on Defense when ball gets lost, and that’s a great thing. Damn what a nice Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    When’s the last time Insigne really made a run with the ball??
    Your timing is impeccable ... we need you to repeat each and every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Weather network is calling for 0.25mm of rain
    They weren’t at that time, lol. The Weather Network is a drama queen.
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-09-2024 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure my 10 cent post won't jinx the team, but watching the DPs hugging and kissing Herdmand is so fucking promising. TFC are making a deep run this year, no doubt.

Back to back golazoos, the new Giovinco? It's very possible.

Tied with Miami!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a pretty disjointed game but we held in. One moment of magic from Insigne. Loved the celebration. He ran right up to Herdman. Looks like a different attitude in the team and coaches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It was a pretty disjointed game but we held in. One moment of magic from Insigne. Loved the celebration. He ran right up to Herdman. Looks like a different attitude in the team and coaches.
    Athletic had the xG at .54 vs .57, Charlotte sided. It sure felt like Charlotte were in control but we also have to remember the sitter Insigne whiffed on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game changed when Prince and Longstaff came on. Prince is needed as an outlet man. He can hold the ball up and dish off to teamates. We did not have that the first half. Flores is a pitbull out there. Gotta love his work rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne looks a reborn man this season. I really hope he can stay healthy.

Also I've been posting here for awhile about trying Berna up top. After today's first half... may be not. Owusu even if not scoring is letting the DPs get space.

If we continue getting decent results the front office needs to go all in on getting a legit #9 in the summer.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 03-09-2024 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After three games we already have half of the wins we got last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rust View Post
    After three games we already have half of the wins we got last season.
    Such an insane stat when you think about it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still early and I need more input, but I'm starting to suspect that Bob Bradley was not as good a coach as we all thought he was and he severely underperformed with the squad he had. Also, Terry Dunfield should never have been made Head Coach.

The problem with this is Herdman is saving Manning's job when the latter had nothing to do with hiring the former. Manning should still be gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

The problem with this is Herdman is saving Manning's job when the latter had nothing to do with hiring the former.
    Manning hired Herdman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One day we will all have a dialogue about how Michael Bradley is one of the best/most successful players in TFC history and also the biggest reason behind the most depressing seasons in franchise history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    The game changed when Prince and Longstaff came on. Prince is needed as an outlet man. He can hold the ball up and dish off to teamates. We did not have that the first half. Flores is a pitbull out there. Gotta love his work rate.
    You mean Prince and Richard Eckersley

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Manning hired Herdman.
    Or did Herdman ask to get out of CMNT…. He is a true gift to fall on TFC. Even Manning could not miss that one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now thats a manager… and tactically the game changed with the subs….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll again say just how much humble pie I'm eating on being skeptical at all, even mildly so, on the Herdman hire. This turnaround is almost completely on him. Incredible start, it really is, from him

I do think we need to keep expectations in check, though, so we don't get frustrated. This is still far from an ideal squad thanks to previous management. I still think just making the play offs is exceeding expectations from where we were in winter, if Herdman pulls that off he's had an incredible run and next season we can continue to undo the roster construction damage and turn into something. I'm still very much mostly focused on 2025, anything we do this year is a huge bonus, but just seeing the team rallying behind the manager and executing the game plan is already such a refreshing thing to see. It's been a joy to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio needs to step it up as a captain.
    The long walk to the VAR ...osorio left...insigne stayed in the referee ear. Like Osorio needed to be a captain and grab Insigne so he wouldn't have gotten the yellow. Instead Osorio has no clue and is the furthest player back just chatting with the opposing team. While Bernadeshi easily could have gotten a yellow since he was 1.5 feet over the line in the referee ear as well while the referee is reviewing. Like your only giving the referee a reason to not like you anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'll again say just how much humble pie I'm eating on being skeptical at all, even mildly so, on the Herdman hire. This turnaround is almost completely on him. Incredible start, it really is, from him

I do think we need to keep expectations in check, though, so we don't get frustrated. This is still far from an ideal squad thanks to previous management. I still think just making the play offs is exceeding expectations from where we were in winter, if Herdman pulls that off he's had an incredible run and next season we can continue to undo the roster construction damage and turn into something. I'm still very much mostly focused on 2025, anything we do this year is a huge bonus, but just seeing the team rallying behind the manager and executing the game plan is already such a refreshing thing to see. It's been a joy to watch
    I think we can all be forgiven for being sceptical ... last season really was a massive dumpster fire. But yeah, maybe we let the negativity cloud our view of Herdman (I was also initially meh on the idea), where we should have given him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand anything this year is a bonus, but to be honest the squad is looking pretty decent. We could maybe do something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    After the subs we were on the front foot, instantly, for the first time. It was also Bernie instead of Franklin (a promising young full back but I haven’t seen him able to effectively get forward in MLS). If we are attacking in that formation both players on either side of Flores and Coelo/Longstaff must be more effective. So far, that must be two of Layrea, Bernie and Petretta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solid win...char are a tough team to play.my only complaints are coello had a rough game ...i dont like oso has a false 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to know where I can buy that jacket Herdman was wearing tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, to those interested…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Now thats a manager… and tactically the game changed with the subs….

I don't know if I've ever heard any manager for TFC go into such specifics with tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    solid win...char are a tough team to play.my only complaints are coello had a rough game ...i dont like oso has a false 9
    Matty might be stealing his spot after yesterday's performance

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Or did Herdman ask to get out of CMNT…. He is a true gift to fall on TFC. Even Manning could not miss that one.
    Actually Herdman had an option to go to Vancouver. Manning does get some credit for getting him to choose TFC over a less disfunctional club.