Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind MLS 1.0 Miami are going full bore NASL with their roster. I can't see how signing 36 year olds fits the MLS direction of the last few years and I can't see how Miami can fit all of these players under the cap. I'm sure there's a deceit accounting method that says they're technically compliant but it's turning into a last blaze of glory for Messi and a bunch of his old buddies. It might be entertaining for Miami fans but I could see this setting the league back 20 years if they keep bringing in the Old Team. They were just starting to get rid of the old "retirement league" narrative and now this? There's been rumours but they really need a major combination of rule change and salary cap bump that evens up the playing field in time for the next window if it hasn't been announced officially yet and it has to be done in a way that Miami can't keep padding their "Old Team" with more geriatric ex superstars. You can't stack one team and call it a competition. If you do that you need to call it entertainment, not a sport and see where the chips fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Never mind MLS 1.0 Miami are going full bore NASL with their roster. I can't see how signing 36 year olds fits the MLS direction of the last few years and I can't see how Miami can fit all of these players under the cap. I'm sure there's a deceit accounting method that says they're technically compliant but it's turning into a last blaze of glory for Messi and a bunch of his old buddies. It might be entertaining for Miami fans but I could see this setting the league back 20 years if they keep bringing in the Old Team. They were just starting to get rid of the old "retirement league" narrative and now this? There's been rumours but they really need a major combination of rule change and salary cap bump that evens up the playing field in time for the next window if it hasn't been announced officially yet and it has to be done in a way that Miami can't keep padding their "Old Team" with more geriatric ex superstars. You can't stack one team and call it a competition. If you do that you need to call it entertainment, not a sport and see where the chips fall.
    Miami is going all out for a title this year or next I feel like. After that they will probably be awful for a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    I agree, it’s more of a side-show than the direction the league should be taking itself.

My thought (broadly) is Garber and company have really lost the plot. At the time TFC launched and pre-TFC they made a series of good decisions: aligning the rules to FIFA, moving towards SSS, prodding some of the cheaper ownership groups to invest more money.

Once they got a taste of expansion dollars, they started watering down their principals. NYCFC should not be playing in a baseball stadium. Robert Kraft should not be allowed to continue to play the Revs in that crap stadium after 20+ years in the league. Sunsetting every stadium in this league that plays on turf should continue to be a priority. Continuing to produce arcane CBA-rules to limit player bargaining rights when these measures are effectively useless given the global market for football talent needs to stop. Shoe-horning all your start times for a streaming-provider that is using you as a test-project is a short term sugar high for a long term hangover. Running a series of gimmicky tournaments to bend over backwards for Mexican fans is a makes no sense. Continuing to under-invest in officiating is a problem.

Unless they course correct, I doubt the next 10 years will be better than the last 10 years.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-04-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vancouver who is 9th in the west but with two games in hand on austin and seattle who are right ahead and behind them is working on getting a few players for mid-forward positions for the last 10 games of the season...they are tied for 3rd lowest goals scored in the west