Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 o clock on a Friday night. The devil works hard but Bogert works harder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Mutual termination would mean he doesn't get his salary right? Shocked he would agree to that. He's not getting anything close to that
    True but he’s only 24… if he wants not to retire he’s pretty much got to sign with someone else. I can’t see an MLS club signing him for much above the minimum, but I could see someone doing that. I hope he goes to the CPL. He can probably teach and mentor a bit there and it might be good for the league and for his confidence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could see an mls club signing him for league minimum.

always teams in this league who think they can fix guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    could see an mls club signing him for league minimum.

always teams in this league who think they can fix guys.
    And the Ayo to Galaxy rumors have already started.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACL followed by somebody botching his recovery process.

7 years here but really only decent for about 6 games.

Not many left from the 2019 cup run now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Ayo all the best. He wasn't going to work out here and hopefully he can catch on for another team. If he performs, it just adds depth to the CMNT which I'm fine with.

By doing the mutual termination he did the club a real solid which provides us some cap space to bolster the roster some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Wow didn't even need a buyout. Must be signing for a CPL team.
    He's not going to CPL.
    With transfer window closed his only options were loans to USL/CPL.
    A mutual term allows him to go anywhere now to play, so I get why he agreed to a mutual term.
    Not sure if it's more beneficial for him to find a lower league that is finishing up their season or one like MLS that still has a lot of season left.
    I feel like he is destined for K1 or Greece or Saudi or even China/India where he can make comparable $, if not more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GMoneyTalks View Post
    He's not going to CPL.
    A mutual term allows him to go anywhere now to play, so I get why he agreed to a mutual term.
    Not sure if it's more beneficial for him to find a lower league that is finishing up their season or one like MLS that still has a lot of season left.
    I feel like he is destined for K1 or Greece or Saudi or even China/India where he can make comparable $, if not more.
    Not sure about Korea… seems a bit ambitious given the only two North Americans to play there were Mix Diskerud (owned by Man City) and Donell (a Whitecaps starter and not long off Blackburn) and neither of them did especially well. Frankly, I’m not sure any of those countries would be interested if they’ve taken the time to look at recent tape of him. India maybe, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GMoneyTalks View Post
    He's not going to CPL.
    You can only sign anywhere as a free agent outside of the transfer window if you were a free agent while the transfer window was still open. So he can't sign on a free in Europe or anywhere where the window is already closed until July 1 (or whenever their window re-opens). So he's limited to CPL right now as they're Canadian (or if this was actually done before the USA window closed but only announced now, then he could sign in US as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see what's in this for Ayo, if he did it purely from a professional pride perspective, knowing he isn't seen as up to it here and not wanting to stay around and cash his cheque, id give that a hell of alot of respect. He just walked away from a decent chunk of cash and I'd speculate he'll never see a contract like that again for the rest of his soccer career. Really curious to know the story here, it seems really really odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The timing is really weird for the player, but this needed to happen for both parties sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I really don't see what's in this for Ayo, if he did it purely from a professional pride perspective, knowing he isn't seen as up to it here and not wanting to stay around and cash his cheque, id give that a hell of alot of respect. He just walked away from a decent chunk of cash and I'd speculate he'll never see a contract like that again for the rest of his soccer career. Really curious to know the story here, it seems really really odd.
    I wonder if they've arranged a community/team role for him and he's going to retire.

If so, they might be paying him out in the longer term though a personal services agreement. Technically, if he retires, they haven't bought out his terms, but are still free to offer him what he's owed through a non-playing role.

Without his extra speed, he's clearly not getting up to the quality of a professional player on talent alone. He may have looked at the future realistically and thought that playing at a lower level doesn't appeal to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Interesting loophole.

“hey Ayo, if you quit, we can offer you 500K to make some speeches at the Academy for 6 months… whaddaya say?”
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not many left from the 2019 cup run now.

Richie & Oso

Man, looking at that roster and comparing it to the current one is really depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Interesting loophole.

“hey Ayo, if you quit, we can offer you 500K to make some speeches at the Academy for 6 months… whaddaya say?”
    It seems Herdman and Co. are truly serious about motivational speeches. A 24 year old striker with mobility issues and zero confidence… who’s scored twice in his last 45 appearances. Not sure, alas, that he could motivate the kitchen staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't put Ayo in charge of conditioning, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Interesting loophole.

Steven Caldwell's abrupt retirement, as I recall, featured a similar team ambassador role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Just don't put Ayo in charge of conditioning, please.
    He's a specimen, mostly muscle. He's not big because he's fat, he's big because he's carrying at least 20 pounds too much muscle for a player his size.

Same difference, though, as it really restricts his movement and quickness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if they've arranged a community/team role for him and he's going to retire.

If so, they might be paying him out in the longer term though a personal services agreement. Technically, if he retires, they haven't bought out his terms, but are still free to offer him what he's owed through a non-playing role.

Without his extra speed, he's clearly not getting up to the quality of a professional player on talent alone. He may have looked at the future realistically and thought that playing at a lower level doesn't appeal to him.
    Oh, yep, really good call. If his agent has kicked MLS tires and it's looking like he couldn't even get a league minimum contract somewhere retirement may be a nice option for him. He also may be physically in pain and struggling since his injuries which would further push him that way.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Otherwise I just can't see the angle on giving up six figures when you likely will never get a pay cheque even close to that for the rest of his life. But taking a FO role somewhere where you might decide to pursue full time and get the cash anyway if he's given up on playing would be a smart move by him

I wish him the best of luck either way. Will definitely go down in a "what might have been" pile, who knows where he'd be if the injury never happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven Caldwell's abrupt retirement, as I recall, featured a similar team ambassador role.
    Director of Corporate Development! He had been our captain, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Director of Corporate Development! He had been our captain, however.
    Yeah, in other words whatever title was empty at the time

He moved from that to president of a League1 club and assistant with the Nats, as well as broadcasting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, in other words whatever title was empty at the time

He moved from that to president of a League1 club and assistant with the Nats, as well as broadcasting.
    Caldwell was working in both Global Partnerships and doing TV at the same time. after his retirement.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo isn't retiring, I heard he will try to sign in a lower league in europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another medal to add to the collection 🥇 🏆 . Its been a crazy season! Unfortunately my journey with the tangerines ends here. Just want to thank all the fans for your support and welcoming me into your club. To all the boys congratulations and thank you, all the best in future.
    https://twitter.com/Spoony_10/status...X1ly8jTGA&s=19

TFC ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Ayo isn't retiring, I heard he will try to sign in a lower league in europe.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if a lower division took a flyer on him. Somewhere with less restricted and compartmentalized roster and budget regulations. But man, 6 1/2 years is a long time… he doesn’t look like the same player even in the photo:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ticle37364337/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of one Norwegian club if that connection happens to be strong I can't see Ayo getting a deal anywhere in Europe except somewhere with pay and level comparable to CPL, if he somehow pulled it off, I'd love to see it be the making of him. I just don't see how he does it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Outside of one Norwegian club if that connection happens to be strong I can't see Ayo getting a deal anywhere in Europe except somewhere with pay and level comparable to CPL, if he somehow pulled it off, I'd love to see it be the making of him. I just don't see how he does it
    He's 24. The best I can see is he gets a lower-league gig, like Jordan Hamilton did in Ireland, briefly.

Ireland, Malta, Norwegian second division, Iceland, Finland, National League. It'll be one of those gigs if anywhere, I imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lazar Stefanovic was wearing the concussion protection headband in the TFC2 game today (subbed after 45). So that explains why he hasn't been playing for TFC2 for the past month. Must have been unavailable due to recovering from a concussion (despite being named to the bench every week)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers/sta...32555369533714

Kelechi Iheanacho attracting MLS interest.

would fit the bill for us.