Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Hondurans… Kervin Arriaga fits. Anthony ‘Choco’ Lozano less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Regarding Hondurans… Kervin Arriaga fits. Anthony ‘Choco’ Lozano less.
    Looks like NE Revs about to land Kervin Arriaga.

Have to assume TFC was in the running on this and hopefully it's not the guy they were about to bring in.

https://x.com/tombogert/status/1782761791052734722

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GMoneyTalks View Post
    Looks like NE Revs about to land Kervin Arriaga.

Have to assume TFC was in the running on this and hopefully it's not the guy they were about to bring in.

https://x.com/tombogert/status/1782761791052734722

Different guy.

NE got Xavier Arreaga from Seattle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if we sign Arriaga then I assume Coello is the player out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Different guy.

Arreaga and Arreaga 2! Lol!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So if we sign Arriaga then I assume Coello is the player out.
    I am not sure a player can recover from the kind of mistake Coello made on that square ball against Charlotte. A mental mistake of that magnitude needs a lot of positives to offset it.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am not sure a player can recover from the kind of mistake Coello made on that square ball against Charlotte. A mental mistake of that magnitude needs a lot of positives to offset it.
    He’s got to tighten things up. Not sure if I love this project.

Honestly we should see if we can fish Ralph Priso out of Colorado. See if he can rediscover some of his early form. Play him 20-30 minutes a game and tell him to play mistake free.

Now that he’s had a harsh lesson in life being traded away and playing for a dumpster team (or is that us? lol) he’s less likely to suffer from TFCA entitlement syndrome.

Edit: he’s with Vancouver now? Great….
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-23-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Honestly we should see if we can fish Ralph Priso out of Colorado. See if he can rediscover some of his early form. Play him 20-30 minutes a game and tell him to play mistake free.

Now that he’s had a harsh lesson in life being traded away and playing for a dumpster team (or is that us? lol) he’s less likely to suffer from TFCA entitlement syndrome.

He was horseshit and disruptive at Colorado, and my understanding is they were glad to be rid of him. I don't think his early promise was ever going to get over the ego.

As for Coello, his ego equally is typically enormous (anyone who has ever interviewed professional footballers at length will know it's quite common for them to grossly overestimate their own abilities.) He said before the start of the season he thinks he can be the best midfielder in MLS. He barely has the athleticism required to even be in the league. He's 100% about the technique.

I think that like most over-confident people he will blame the error on Gomis not stepping up, convince himself he didn't fuck up.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-23-2024 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Vancouver beat us to it about a month ago:

“Whitecaps FC announced on Tuesday that the club has acquired Canadian midfielder Ralph Priso from Colorado Rapids in exchange for up to $150,000 in conditional 2025 General Allocation Money (GAM), as well as the later of Vancouver’s current two first-round selections, and their natural third-round selection, in the MLS SuperDraft 2025.”

So far, one start for Whitecaps 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He was horseshit and disruptive at Colorado, and my understanding is they were glad to be rid of him. I don't think his early promise was ever going to get over the ego.

As for Coello, his ego equally is typically enormous (anyone who has ever interviewed professional footballers at length will know it's quite common for them to grossly overestimate their own abilities.) He said before the start of the season he thinks he can be the best midfielder in MLS. He barely has the athleticism required to even be in the league. He's 100% about the technique.

I think that like most over-confident people he will blame the error on Gomis not stepping up, convince himself he didn't fuck up.
    Really? That’s disappointing. You’d think Priso would be eating humble pie by that point having been included in a trade as the “bag of balls” / “6-pack of gatorade” equivalent of value. Then getting basically limited playing time and struggling to catch on. Do they not think about character when they sign these kids in TFCA? I feel like I want to send them away to enlist in the army to toughen them up and knock the entitlement out of them.

Yes Coello definitely has a bit head. You can tell there’s a “I’m European, me better at this” which lives somewhere in his psyche. Supportive but realistic coaching should set these guys straight. Herdman had no issue jettisoning bad characters from the CMNT and would expect he’ll get people up to shape here too.

The Gomis thing was interesting. Herdman said post game he’s not 90 minute fit at the moment which is why he maybe didn’t have the confidence to close more effectively or put a foot in on that play. But we all know that’s Coello’s Fault primarily. He’s screwed up a bunch of plays like that. This was the first one that burnt the team so obviously and directly there was no place to hide from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Different guy.

Insert Homer Simpson meme here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GMoneyTalks View Post
    Insert Homer Simpson meme here:
    Don't worry, if you hang around you'll learn I make worse conflation mistakes than this on an almost daily basis.

The day is getting longer. Nothing by 3 pm? Last-day deal sometimes take right up until midnight, so I suppose patience is warranted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That’s disappointing. You’d think Priso would be eating humble pie by that point having been included in a trade as the “bag of balls” / “6-pack of gatorade” equivalent of value. Then getting basically limited playing time and struggling to catch on. Do they not think about character when they sign these kids in TFCA? I feel like I want to send them away to enlist in the army to toughen them up and knock the entitlement out of them.

Yes Coello definitely has a bit head. You can tell there’s a “I’m European, me better at this” which lives somewhere in his psyche. Supportive but realistic coaching should set these guys straight. Herdman had no issue jettisoning bad characters from the CMNT and would expect he’ll get people up to shape here too.

The Gomis thing was interesting. Herdman said post game he’s not 90 minute fit at the moment which is why he maybe didn’t have the confidence to close more effectively or put a foot in on that play. But we all know that’s Coello’s Fault primarily. He’s screwed up a bunch of plays like that. This was the first one that burnt the team so obviously and directly there was no place to hide from it.
    Mentality is such a big part of playing. But then Priso was our best six very briefly before his injury when he was allowed to start his very first matches. To play that well… I’d give him another chance making sure he indeed had the best coaching.

Herdman’s approach has been eye opening. We choose a forward first in the draft who we want to play wingback… we hire a dedicated wingback coach. There’s an insistence on a certain toughness and team first play, and the resources and overall support a player is given seems total and complete. We have a ‘mentality’ coach now as well, at least one. I’m tempted to think that had Priso that sort of support returning from his injury he would have fared better. Of course, the ‘Micheal must start at six every match’ nuttiness that required there was no adequate successor at his position would not have happened if Herdman had been here.

Looking back, it was indeed nuts. Our best there was Priso before his injury and Oso and Delgado together… both of those solutions to our midfield problem was never going to happen. Getting rid of Delgado insured that.

It was either Davidson or Molinaro who asked Herdman ‘what do you do with a mistake like Coello’s’ and the answer was: complete support of the team.

But we will see… it’s also been made clear that this is a period in which especially Herdman and his stafff are getting to know the players. Whoever ends up being traded or let go will tell us more about that in time. And it does take time. As in life, you can’t know people instantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, if you hang around you'll learn I make worse conflation mistakes than this on an almost daily basis.

The day is getting longer. Nothing by 3 pm? Last-day deal sometimes take right up until midnight, so I suppose patience is warranted.
    Wouldn't be surprised if nothing is actually announced formally until tomorrow morning. TFC's social team is usually the last to produce information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if nothing is actually announced formally until tomorrow morning. TFC's social team is usually the last to produce information.
    Choco Lozano would be a big get, even though he's older. Not sure if he'd take TAM money at his age. He's Honduran, his deal expires in a couple of months, and he's barely playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choco Lozano would be a big get, even though he's older. Not sure if he'd take TAM money at his age. He's Honduran, his deal expires in a couple of months, and he's barely playing.
    That would be big… but Hernandez mentioned that it was someone who would be a core player for us for several years. Also, seems likely we can’t afford him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if there's nothing incoming that's such a blunder from hernandez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    if there's nothing incoming that's such a blunder from hernandez.
    i agree...sure sounded like he had someone in his pocket already,what time does the window close?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree...sure sounded like he had someone in his pocket already,what time does the window close?
    I'd assume somewhere around midnight, but whether it's east coast (where MLS offices are) or west coast, who knows. The rules just say today is the last day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Romney is gonna be the guy, isn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Dave Romney is gonna be the guy, isn't he?
    is that a fact ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a fact ?
    Just an educated guess. Romney is prime age for a CB (30), would be a starter for another 2 or 3 years and was made expendable by the Revs bringing in Arreaga from Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predicated on the notion that the TFC move is likely Intra-MLS, I am ok with waking up tomorrow morning and learning it’s either Romney, Arriaga or Campana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Predicated on the notion that the TFC move is likely Intra-MLS, I am ok with waking up tomorrow morning and learning it’s either Romney, Arriaga or Campana.
    i think if it was a mls trade it would of been announced by now.most mls teams have a good pr dept and get info out has it happens.tfc seem to be slow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing, eh?

Are we hoping its announced tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't hear anything by noon, safe to say Hernandez needs to take some media training.

None of us were expecting anything until summer until he spoke up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez was here and watched Ali Curtis make this mistake about 7 times in two years. You'd hope he'd have learned something from that.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hernandez was here and watched Ali Curtis make this mistake about 7 times in two years. You'd hope he'd have learned something from that.
    Maybe the announcement will come in two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems to me that herdman is frustrated with the FO,i say jason is done by dec and herdman brings in his own guy

#manningout

i love this quote from jason

Hernandez said he would be similar to Honduran midfielder Deybi Flores who signed in January — "a guy at a good age, of a good pedigree, that we imagine to be with us for several years, someone who's going to be a core starter for us week in and week out and really impact winning."

better to have someone signed and sealed or jus shutup....true amateur hour
    Last edited by reggie; 04-24-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems to me that herdman is frustrated with the FO,i say jason is done by dec and herdman brings in his own guy

#manningout
    I've been expecting this since Herdman was announced. I figured it was only a matter of time before he takes more control of the roster & jettisons the people keeping MLSE from spending (Manning & Hernandez). Can't happen soon enough.