Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. #1081
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this isn't grain of salt, this is like mountain of salt

  2. #1082
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    this isn't grain of salt, this is like mountain of salt
    Yea, we would be paying a transfer fee for both so it seems unlikely.

  3. #1083
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,310
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean, we just lived through Soteldo and Ibarra...

    I just cannot imagine the scenario where TFC is a desirable destination for young South Americans with options, on anything resembling a reasonable basis. We need to have different kinds of stupid rumours, these are over the line, they are .. just ... too ... dumb.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

  4. #1084
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Hmmm, that’s not the chance I was concerned about. I like Franklin and want him on the squad. Still, he also should have been on the far post on that last play across the goal by Etienne.
    & Should have closed off Santos on the 4th goal but was ball watching.

  5. #1085
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I thought last night that the issue isn’t Owusu (or Kerr). The issue is in midfield (and at the back).

    None of Osorio, Insigne, JMR, Flores, were able to find Prince (or each other), consistently. The only guy finding his teammates in the forward third is Berna, and it showed last night. Some of it may be coming, there are flashes.
    That's not how Herdman's running his tactics. He's running the offense using his WBs esp Berna who is looking for the free man when defense sends 2-3 players his way.

    Everyone's used to us seeing progressive passes through the middle but we're too strong out wide to even bother. We pull the defenders out and create space in between for crosses to find open men.

  6. #1086
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I thought last night that the issue isn’t Owusu (or Kerr). The issue is in midfield (and at the back).

    None of Osorio, Insigne, JMR, Flores, were able to find Prince (or each other), consistently. The only guy finding his teammates in the forward third is Berna, and it showed last night. Some of it may be coming, there are flashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Rosted and Petretta are both decent defenders but not good enough to be locked in starters. O'Neill is on the bubble there but has been quite good this year.

    The reality in MLS is that depth is always an issue. Rosted and Petretta are both good depth defenders. Ideally we need one more like Long but closer in age to Gomis.

    We lack a proper second DM. Coello is sort of like Oso, in that he's technical and offers things others don't principally his long passing. But neither is great defensively. Both are really better as eights, holding onto the ball and finding outlets ahead of them.

    Longstaff is a good eight and a passable 10. Flores is an excellent 6 by MLS standards. So ideally, we get one more defensive midfielder. We're covered wide.

    I like Kerr but I think he's got a limited skill set in terms of beating defenders and reading the game. He's good on the run but not so fast that he can always outpace the line. He's a decent finisher. And he's still young. He has a decent future, but he's not an ideal striker backup to Owusu.

    I think with Fede, Insigne and Laryea all potentially supplying him, Owusu is likely just good enough to be our number nine, but it would be better if he had competition.
    With Kerr if you bring someone in, you open up 3-4-1-2/3-5-2 as a tactical setup, which is far more offensively dangerous than our 3-4-2-1 & would create more space in the middle for an Oso/#10 type role to feed strikers.

    Most of the times we are getting out of the press up the touch line, which doesn't give much opp for progressive runs for our strikers. (Although there were some great opps against Cincy that Insigne botched for Owusu)

  7. #1087
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I thought last night that the issue isn’t Owusu (or Kerr). The issue is in midfield (and at the back).

    None of Osorio, Insigne, JMR, Flores, were able to find Prince (or each other), consistently. The only guy finding his teammates in the forward third is Berna, and it showed last night. Some of it may be coming, there are flashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Both are under contract until 2026/2027.

    Rodriguez is a left wing and we really dont need any more of those.

    Caceres is a defender and would definitely be more filling a need.
    Have to assume neither of these moves would involve a mutual term. I don't believe Caceres played the last few matches for America. Trying to find out if he fell out of favour or if it was injury related. Anyone watch the vid of the original tweet? Trying to figure out who they're referring to about the TFC bit.

  8. #1088
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Yea, we would be paying a transfer fee for both so it seems unlikely.
    100% that would not . . . Could not happen because of our current DP situation.

    Unless of course that means a current DP is headed outbound???

    Operating under this assumption either player would be with Uruguay until Copa & wouldn't be able to transfer until 7/14.

    Hmmm . . . Some food for thought.

  9. #1089
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmFXTV_hEw

    Berna is a national treasure - we should be giving him that extension if he keeps playing like this.

  10. #1090
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t think we need to jettison Kerr but pushing him down the depth chart to #3 at the striker position makes sense for the time being.

  11. #1091
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    3,499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pure speculation; spurred by GMoney. I think one must be cognizant of the possibility that, while in Italy, Insigne may also take the opportunity to plead his case to ADL/Conte before roster matters at Napoli settle and solidify. They are in flux and De Lorenzo seems to be out. Is this a way back in for Insigne in a more symbolic, yet less demanding, role to then eventually retire? Is this confluence of factors Insigne’s last chance at seizing that moment? The premise of happy spouse, happy house should be considered too. Aside from an apparent conflict with Bradley, it seemed to be the other part of the equation for Criscito’s hasty return to Italy.

  12. #1092
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,893
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Pure speculation; spurred by GMoney. I think one must be cognizant of the possibility that, while in Italy, Insigne may also take the opportunity to plead his case to ADL/Conte before roster matters at Napoli settle and solidify. They are in flux and De Lorenzo seems to be out. Is this a way back in for Insigne in a more symbolic, yet less demanding, role to then eventually retire? Is this confluence of factors Insigne’s last chance at seizing that moment? The premise of happy spouse, happy house should be considered too. Aside from an apparent conflict with Bradley, it seemed to be the other part of the equation for Criscito’s hasty return to Italy.
    I think because of family there is a chance that he could go back to Italy with a mutual termination. I wouldn't be against it.

  13. #1093
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think because of family there is a chance that he could go back to Italy with a mutual termination. I wouldn't be against it.
    I don't think any human being his age is turning down tens of millions of dollars. The most he was offered in Italy was $3.5M net. Is he really going to chuck $22-Million? I don't think so.

    On the other hand, he seem deeply superstitious based on his pre-game ritual, and so much negative shit has happened to him professionally and personally here, I can see him considering it a curse for ever leaving Napoli.

    Depends on how superstitious, I guess.

  14. #1094
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,893
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I don't think any human being his age is turning down tens of millions of dollars. The most he was offered in Italy was $3.5M net. Is he really going to chuck $22-Million? I don't think so.

    On the other hand, he seem deeply superstitious based on his pre-game ritual, and so much negative shit has happened to him professionally and personally here, I can see him considering it a curse for ever leaving Napoli.

    Depends on how superstitious, I guess.
    The money is the money but I'm not sure exactly how greedy he is vs being happy with his family in his homeland. Besides I am pretty sure he's banked enough cash to live comfortably without too much worry.

    Not sure he ever settled here and MLS just isn't for him. If he hangs here until his contract ends then it's going to tarnish his image even more than it has already. High chance he will forever go down as the biggest DP bust in MLS history but the longer he does what he does the worse it will look. At least now from the outside it appears he just couldn't stay healthy rather than be ineffective when in fact it's both of those things in equal measure.

  15. #1095
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    15,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man seeing Tani Oluwaseyi get called up and watching him break through in MLS this year really leaves me shaking my fist at our GTA-based scouting efforts (yet again).

    Considering all the talent in the the area it’s pretty wild when you think about the discrepancy between the local players we get and the local players who are out there.

  16. #1096
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Man seeing Tani Oluwaseyi get called up and watching him break through in MLS this year really leaves me shaking my fist at our GTA-based scouting efforts (yet again).

    Considering all the talent in the the area it’s pretty wild when you think about the discrepancy between the local players we get and the local players who are out there.
    Oluwasayi is 2nd in the league in goals per 90… after Messi!

    Things do seem to be improving in terms of developing young, maybe capable, talent in the academy. Herdman too seems really good news on that front - he’s really engaged and he is willing to play young players. Also good that he’s bringing in young players from elsewhere. But if I was a parent I’d be well aware that other avenues have been more successful.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 06-03-2024 at 03:40 PM.

  17. #1097
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    even though insigne has been genuinely excellent most the time he's played this season, the availability aspect is a real worry.

    if he leaves and we can use the money on a DP ST and CAM (or LW who can play more centrally too) we would be in a much better spot, frankly.


    i don't see him leaving though, he's seemed very happy here this year, and from my understanding births in italy usually are far more involving of extended family, which makes sense that they would fly back to naples for it.

  18. #1098
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    jloome have you heard anything about moves they are eyeing up for the summer/ winter?

  19. #1099
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    even though insigne has been genuinely excellent most the time he's played this season, the availability aspect is a real worry.

    if he leaves and we can use the money on a DP ST and CAM (or LW who can play more centrally too) we would be in a much better spot, frankly.


    i don't see him leaving though, he's seemed very happy here this year, and from my understanding births in italy usually are far more involving of extended family, which makes sense that they would fly back to naples for it.
    His birthday was yesterday and from the looks of the pictures his family threw him a huge bash which may have been the reason why he stayed longer.

  20. #1100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    jloome have you heard anything about moves they are eyeing up for the summer/ winter?
    No, I haven't really been trying to mine anyone for deets. They're doing well so listening to my whining isn't probably much value right now, lol.

    I was told a few months ago that they have several targets, and that they're looking at the obvious areas, mainly striker and defenders.

  21. #1101
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    No, I haven't really been trying to mine anyone for deets. They're doing well so listening to my whining isn't probably much value right now, lol.

    I was told a few months ago that they have several targets, and that they're looking at the obvious areas, mainly striker and defenders.
    interesting.

    yeah, can't help but think about how good this side would be with a benteke level striker, moving prince to supporting role off the bench or starting midweek.

    also, clearly need a substantial upgrade at RCB. that's the major defensive weakspot atm, imo.

  22. #1102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    interesting.

    yeah, can't help but think about how good this side would be with a benteke level striker, moving prince to supporting role off the bench or starting midweek.

    also, clearly need a substantial upgrade at RCB. that's the major defensive weakspot atm, imo.
    O'Neill looked really good in that role, probably because he played some fullback when he was younger. But he's at that age where injuries are always a risk now.

  23. #1103
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    O'Neill looked really good in that role, probably because he played some fullback when he was younger. But he's at that age where injuries are always a risk now.
    yeah.

    mainly, rosted looks to be the weak link by a mile, which is very bad considering he's our highest paid CB with biggest cap hot by a mile (higher than long, gomis and o neill together, or close to).

    a 25 year old with mobility and ability to play the ball like gomis would be ideal.

  24. #1104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    yeah.

    mainly, rosted looks to be the weak link by a mile, which is very bad considering he's our highest paid CB with biggest cap hot by a mile (higher than long, gomis and o neill together, or close to).

    a 25 year old with mobility and ability to play the ball like gomis would be ideal.
    We should move Rosted to being Flores' backup at six. He played there occasionally in Europe and in MLS, it's what his skillset matches best. He's a traditional "step up" defender, very aggressive into the ball, can launch a decent long pass and can get on the end of stuff in the box.

    Start training him there regularly now and by the playoffs he'd be a good alternative when Flores isn't out there.

  25. #1105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We should move Rosted to being Flores' backup at six. He played there occasionally in Europe and in MLS, it's what his skillset matches best. He's a traditional "step up" defender, very aggressive into the ball, can launch a decent long pass and can get on the end of stuff in the box.

    Start training him there regularly now and by the playoffs he'd be a good alternative when Flores isn't out there.
    This seems logical since we have no backup for Flores. We would need to sign another CB to make it happen though.

  26. #1106
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there any timeline on when O'Neil should be back?
    Or Servania for that matter?

  27. #1107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Is there any timeline on when O'Neil should be back?
    Or Servania for that matter?
    Mid June at the earliest, they said, so maybe by the June 15 game. But I wouldn't expect them to put him right back in.

    I believe Servania was July.

  28. #1108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    7,893
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I believe Servania was July.
    I'm interested to see Servania play under Herdman. He was okay when managed by buffoons last year so who knows how he may perform with some tactics, an actual sensible game plan, and proper training.

  29. #1109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    17,322
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Top Drawer Soccer, the US college game site, has declared Spicer the "overwhelming favourite" to be rookie of the year.

  30. #1110
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Top Drawer Soccer, the US college game site, has declared Spicer the "overwhelming favourite" to be rookie of the year.
    it's pretty remarkable how much our recruitment has turned around this offseason in comparison to probably the last 4 seasons.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •