Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC up to 20 in this week's MLS power rankings (ahead of both mtl and vancouver)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good move for Mbongue. He was fine at MLSNP level, but MLS was a bit too much at this time for him. Sending him to that in-between level in a competitive environment (compared to MLSNP where they're more able to do some tinkering and experimenting) should be a good step. Perruzza had success with San Antonio, so it's a place where TFC has a working relationship already

Plus it frees up a roster spot since we were at 30 players before this move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Good move for Mbongue. He was fine at MLSNP level, but MLS was a bit too much at this time for him. Sending him to that in-between level in a competitive environment (compared to MLSNP where they're more able to do some tinkering and experimenting) should be a good step. Perruzza had success with San Antonio, so it's a place where TFC has a working relationship already

Plus it frees up a roster spot since we were at 30 players before this move
    Only a supplemental spot though. Would still need a move of a senior player to bring in another senior player.

Pearlman or Stefanovic, or one of the other academy kids could be brought up though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Only a supplemental spot though. Would still need a move of a senior player to bring in another senior player.
    Depends, we might have enough wiggle room where we can just transfer someone to a supplemental spot, so we might have a Senior spot open already

Seniors: Akinola, Bernardeschi, Blessing, Flores, Insigne, Johnson, Laryea, Long, Longstaff, Mailua, ONeill, Osorio, Owusu, Petretta, Ranjitsingh, Rosted, Servania (17 for sure)

Supplementals (max 10): Coello, Franklin, Gavran, Gomis(?), Kerr, Mabika, JMR, Pearlman, Perruzza, Singh, Spicer, Thompson (12 possibilities?)

I have 12 possible supplementals that are listed as such on the roster page or are new young players - Not sure what the requirement to be one is, but we can probably consider at least 10 of those guys as supplementals. I'm not fully sure on the requirements, but we might be good, if we can do that.

Edit: Apparently senior minimum salary players can be considered supplemental, so maybe Ranjitsingh can be considered supplemental assuming he's on a minimum deal ($89,716). Last year, he was on $95,000 but got a new deal this off-season.
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-06-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends, we might have enough wiggle room where we can just transfer someone to a supplemental spot.

Supplementals (max 10): Coello, Franklin, Gavran, Gomis(?), Kerr, Mabika, JMR, Pearlman, Perruzza, Singh, Spicer, Thompson (12 possibilities?)

I have 12 possible supplementals that are listed as such on the roster page or are new young players - Not sure what the requirement to be one is, but we can probably consider at least 10 of those guys as supplementals. I'm not fully sure on the requirements, but we might be good, if we can do that.

Edit: Apparently senior minimum salary players can be considered supplemental, so maybe Ranjitsingh can be considered supplemental assuming he's on a minimum deal ($89,716). Last year, he was on $95,000 but got a new deal this off-season.
    My guess is that Singh & Perruzza will be loaned in the next few weeks to CPL teams and Gavran, Pearlman, & Spicer will be loaned to TFC2 as well. Long shot one is to loan Ayo somewhere but not sure anyone else is Quakes level stupid/optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    My guess is that Singh & Perruzza will be loaned in the next few weeks to CPL teams and Gavran, Pearlman, & Spicer will be loaned to TFC2 as well. Long shot one is to loan Ayo somewhere but not sure anyone else is Quakes level stupid/optimistic.
    The TFC2 loans will be short-terms, not for the season. They can do four of those a year, or something.

They want Spicer's speed, assuming he can stick with the pace of play, and they want Gavran as the day-in/day-out backup, which he can't do if he's on a season loan. Pearlman I think they believe is ready to get first-team minute semi-regularly but who knows; he might go back, or to a USL team on loan. I suspect they see USL as more competitive at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The TFC2 loans will be short-terms, not for the season. They can do four of those a year, or something.

They want Spicer's speed, assuming he can stick with the pace of play, and they want Gavran as the day-in/day-out backup, which he can't do if he's on a season loan. Pearlman I think they believe is ready to get first-team minute semi-regularly but who knows; he might go back, or to a USL team on loan. I suspect they see USL as more competitive at this point.
    Spicer I can see but I am not sure if he is ready or can get enough minutes now. Gavran I figured would be better to get minutes now than getting nothing behind SJ. Opportunities for Pearlman may be few and far between too.

I was seeing all three as more of keeping them active and getting minutes than anything else about their play or potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Spicer I can see but I am not sure if he is ready or can get enough minutes now. Gavran I figured would be better to get minutes now than getting nothing behind SJ. Opportunities for Pearlman may be few and far between too.

I was seeing all three as more of keeping them active and getting minutes than anything else about their play or potential.
    I get the idea, it's just the rules don't really allow it. If they're loaned to TFC2 it can either be one of four short term loans, or season long.

Gavran can't sit on the bench for us on just short-term loans, so he can't be loaned to TFC2 for the whole season. He can be loaned to TFC2 on short-term loans, however, to get experience.

Same with Pearlman. If they want to give him more than four or five games with us, he can't really be out on a season-long to TFC2.

I think they structured it that way so that NextPro would have some stability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the short and long term NextPro loan mandates, other than a game here or there to keep him sharp, we need Gavran as the second keeper. Our third keeper is still a bombscare - I don’t think we want him to play even as much as an emergency half.

It seems Spicer was not picked to play with TFC2. It’s great though that with Richie, Petretta and Bernie we don’t need Spicer to start immediately. That would always have been a dicey situation with a rookie.

I can see a Bernie cameo as a second striker, but given how many strikers we have and how much, no doubt, we need some of them to come through I can’t see him up top unless everyone else is a total washout. I think the strikers will be given a proper shot to succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the idea, it's just the rules don't really allow it. If they're loaned to TFC2 it can either be one of four short term loans, or season long.
    There's no limit to how many times they can get loaned down to MLSNP. It's limited to 4 if it's a MLSNP going up to MLS. Downwards is unlimited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no limit to how many times they can get loaned down to MLSNP. It's limited to 4 if it's a MLSNP going up to MLS. Downwards is unlimited.
    Then I have to assume Gavran gets most of the reps for TFCII, at least when they're not travelling separately. Can't see Ranjitsingh being much more than a training keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news. Too, I’m going to trust Herdman and his staff to make good use of that possibility. Lately that has seemed beyond the reach of the club. Actually, given Vanney’s reliance on somewhat older players we are probably in the best shape we’ve ever been in that regard on the first team.

Ranjitsingh probably owes his new contract to familiarity and the fact that there were many other fish to fry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II signs goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to an MLS NEXT Pro contract. The 21-year-old signed with the Colorado Rapids as a homegrown player in February 2020, making two appearances for the MLS club. #TFCLive

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Toronto FC II signs goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to an MLS NEXT Pro contract. The 21-year-old signed with the Colorado Rapids as a homegrown player in February 2020, making two appearances for the MLS club. #TFCLive
    Are there still multiple former TFC people in Colorado? That's an interesting one. We obviously needed another keeper because three isn't enough for two full rosters. Anyone know anything about this player?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his weekly presser, Herdman talks about Cassius around 8 minutes in.

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...n-march-8-2024

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

i was at the open training today and mailula looked very very good. great feet and a good shot.

an adjustment to the level but i think his time will come.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting bit in all that where Herdman said the first phase of games will be basically the same roster & then the other guys need to be match fit for May when there will be more games and thus more roster changes.

There will be some players gone for the Atlanta game (March 23rd) due to internationals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting bit in all that where Herdman said the first phase of games will be basically the same roster & then the other guys need to be match fit for May when there will be more games and thus more roster changes.

There will be some players gone for the Atlanta game (March 23rd) due to internationals.
    Plus it will be very interesting to see how he handles the VCup match against Simcoe County, do they go all out line up wise and light them up or will see see the younger guys, even some TFC short term types, will have to see where the game lands too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herdmann also seems to hint that Owusu has won starting striker role due to his off the ball movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Herdmann also seems to hint that Owusu has won starting striker role due to his off the ball movement.
    That and we don't have another striker at the moment... Sadly, it appears Ayo is on the Jordan Hamilton route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the guy is just not good enough and not of the quality of our starters who play in his same position. Is this not enough reason to cut him now so we’re not wasting a U22 slot on a guy that’s never going to unseat Insigne?

Time to move on and get a player who’s capable of pushing for minutes. What a horrible signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be spam calling Miami about Leonardo Campana if I were Jason Hernandez. Surely he can't be happy about being relegated to Suarez's injury insurance policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how the DPs have bought in this year.
    Kudos to Herdman. It's all on him.

The one thing that I would change is the post game middle of the field pep talk. That stuff belongs in the change room. It's only going to fuel the opponents.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this team i think is a really good DP striker from being a serious serious contender...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    this team i think is a really good DP striker from being a serious serious contender...
    That and staying healthy. But starting to agree. Front office should go all in on getting a DP striker this summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    That and staying healthy. But starting to agree. Front office should go all in on getting a DP striker this summer
    Anyone know how much cap space we have left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Biggest need by far especially if Longstaff is capable of being a reliable consistent starter.

I will say to be cynical if we had one big budget signing available to us signing Richie over a striker was the wrong move, but if we've room for both, yeah, that signing would be such a difference maker for us. It's the missing piece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of right now, the only roster mechanism we have to sign a striker (no more bargain hunting) is our last u-22 spot. Cash and Ayo are wasting our other two spots and they are only allowed on the roster because Osorio isn't a "full" DP. So, Oso would have to be bought down and one of Ayo or Cash shipped off or bought out before signing a full blown DP striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    and they are only allowed on the roster because Osorio isn't a "full" DP..
    Could be wrong but I believe this rule changed this year and we can have three regardless.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be wrong but I believe this rule changed this year and we can have three regardless.
    That is corrent

I noticed Herdman has said a couple of times they are still looking for a CB - I suspect there's a profile they don't think they have yet.