Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m not really one to read into socials but according to Twitter Ayo not currently following TFC on Instagram (unclear if he did in the past).

Are we about to ship him out? (Or use our buyout)
    Since the purse strings were tightened we haven’t used a buyout. Given the overall state of the roster, using buyouts would be an enormous aid to the capacity to rebuild. And we are not talking about DP buyout levels….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It would make sense to buy him out now so he could go sign to a CPL team and because we get an additional buyout in July.
    Good points. It will continue to be difficult to sign our first choice players if we are not doing right by the players we don’t want. Another MLS club for Ayo is looking out of reach, but one would think most of the CPL would be interested at the appropriate wages.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 04-26-2024 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will have to eat a massive amount of Ayo's salary in order to loan him to the CPL. His salary alone is over half of the actual CPL salary cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    TFC will have to eat a massive amount of Ayo's salary in order to loan him to the CPL. His salary alone is over half of the actual CPL salary cap.
    I think we eat the whole thing when they go to the CPL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure it wouldn't be loan but a straight up buyout. The way I see it MLSE is eating that 750K either way so might as well free up that spot to give Mailula a chance and let Ayo try to catch on in the CPL for whatever he can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been living under a rock when it comes to TFC. Finding it hard to get back into TFC/MLS football lately.

Anyone want to give me a one sentence summary of the season so far?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I've been living under a rock when it comes to TFC. Finding it hard to get back into TFC/MLS football lately.

They work hard all the time and there is a plan but the pieces are not all that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Better then the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Since the purse strings were tightened we haven’t used a buyout. Given the overall state of the roster, using buyouts would be an enormous aid to the capacity to rebuild. And we are not talking about DP buyout levels….
    I've noticed this as well. I feel like we are under real cost pressures until the Italian contracts run out... in 2026.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It's on Youtube right now. He hasn't seen much of the ball so far. Body language looks like he's not super excited to be there.

Charlie Sharp scored for TFC II in the first half on a rebound.
    Last edited by jloome; 04-28-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perruzza ayo not in the lineup and wth has happend with lazar,no where to be seen with tfc2 this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC2 get scored on in the dying minutes of injury time Orlando take the lead and the game 3-2 , once again Gavran in net gets beat by a long shot outside of the 18 , very reminiscent of the SKC goals a few games ago, is it just a bad coincidence or does he just have trouble judging shots from far out ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    TFC2 get scored on in the dying minutes of injury time Orlando take the lead and the game 3-2 , once again Gavran in net gets beat by a long shot outside of the 18 , very reminiscent of the SKC goals a few games ago, is it just a bad coincidence or does he just have trouble judging shots from far out ?
    Maybe he just needs some time under the new goalkeeper coach?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about, Gavran was not in this game, it was DeRo's son in net. Gavran is the GK of the future for the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what?

tfc 2 won 2-1 in orlando, i watched the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I've noticed this as well. I feel like we are under real cost pressures until the Italian contracts run out... in 2026.
    fair, although considering things are going pretty well, im enjoying the slow evolution of the team and the squad building since rubio arrived.

next year is the year to splash the cash (and i suspect they will). building a good core and can be a contender with some shrewd acquisitions and $$ spent in winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince (who at Orlando somewhat oddly crowned himself and declared “I am the king!”) is now tied for 8th in league scoring with Gazdag, Giakoumakis, and Brian White.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Prince (who at Orlando somewhat oddly crowned himself and declared “I am the king!”) is now tied for 8th in league scoring with Gazdag, Giakoumakis, and Brian White.
    Good company with Giakoumakis.

If this team can somehow hang on to around 5th spot by the time summer transfer window opens I feel strongly that we would make the playoffs.

We really haven't even seen a full squad yet (Insigne and Richie playing) and hopefully get a couple reinforcements.

Miami is going to lose Messi for almost a month I believe too so that going to hurt them far more then us losing Osorio I think (especially if Insigne is back).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt they would move him to TFC, but he has really turned into a class player in MLS.

Last edited by MikeForbes; 05-01-2024 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt they would move him to TFC, but he has really turned into a class player in MLS.
    If I were Hernandez I would start throwing names like Coello, Mabika, and Stefanovic around to test Joey's resolve when confronted with cheap useful players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I were Hernandez I would start throwing names like Coello, Mabika, and Stefanovic around to test Joey's resolve when confronted with cheap useful players.
    Maybe Mabika. Not Coello. Not sure about Stefanovic’s status; that he is still with TFC/II?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Maybe Mabika. Not Coello. Not sure about Stefanovic’s status; that he is still with TFC/II?
    I'd give up Mabika and Coello for Choniere.

Shouldn't have to, though. It's a buyer's market when a contract impasse is the issue. We should offer them a big chunk of GAM and Kosi.

With our luck, we'll send Mailula and he'll score 15 goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d definitely take a swing at him. I’m a big Choinière fan. This feels a bit like Crepeau all over again for Mtl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Personal opinion, but Choinière is worth like 6 Coello's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal opinion, but Choinière is worth like 6 Coello's.
    Which one? Mathieu or David; or both?

I understand and concede MC edges AC in MLS stats, not sure about a x6 valuation. My concern is the player essentially has 18 months on his contract. Maybe it is a sitch of he was promised, Montreal hasn’t delivered and he now feels slighted. However, if it is a matter of him being so self-assured that he is entitled to be publicly and mid-season disruptive to a club, then I would say TFC has (had) enough of those types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it'll take more than a million in GAM, plus somebody we value (Franklin?) to get Choiniere. Similar to what it took to bring Kaye in. Choiniere has done less than Kaye had at the time of that deal, but Kaye already had injury history and poor recent performance when he left Colorado
    Last edited by ensco; 05-01-2024 at 08:58 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Montreal doing? Choiniere has been excellent for them and a player I would absolutely want on our team. How cheap is Saputo?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think it'll take more than a million in GAM, plus somebody we value (Franklin?) to get Choiniere. Similar to what it took to bring Kaye in.
    The Kaye deal was a "he's not doing well here" on Colorado's part but the "Bob wants him and he's not going to undermine MB" made him overvalued in what we paid.

Choiniere isn't anywhere close to being as psychologically necessary as that here.

I don't think Nancy will want him that bad to pay what we paid for Kaye But, I also think Choiniere is likely to be wanting to get back with Nancy so that's the most likely place this will end up.

I would say we are at best 3rd on the list of places Choiniere would prefer, behind Columbus & Vancouver - possibly lower if he is a Montreal fan at heart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    What is Montreal doing? Choiniere has been excellent for them and a player I would absolutely want on our team. How cheap is Saputo?
    Montreal underrates domestics in general but also doesn't pay for mids. They spend their Tam on defenders & forwards.

e.g. There was a time around 2018 when Piette was on the same level as Oso both for team & country - he is less then Servania.